“Decent Starwood Property”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Pros:
Really cheap hotel if you use points
20 minutes from the beach

Cons:
Dated rooms
Below par Bar Service
Outside appearance of the hotel is sketchy
Platinum recognition was minimal

Overall, a decent place to stay for the points, but I probably would avoid this place in the future...

Room Tip: I would recommend staying at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport instead.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Lobby was decent, bar had decent drinks. Restaurant seemed unremarkable so we chose to eat off the property. We were disappointed with the rooftop pool, and chose not to try it. We wish there had been a poolside bar or cafe of some sort. Gym looked good, didn't use it either. One bedroom suite was nicely sized, big bathroom had separate sinks which was nice. Nice and clean. The bed had nice pillows but could have been more comfortable in our opinion. We were surprised to see dogs staying with some guests, and one dog in the hallway was barking really loudly until 1am but we were at the end of the hallway and sleep with the tv on so we were able to drown it out. Overall would not stay again, although we got a decent rate.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I got a great hotel room during my stay. Wonderful staff and very updated room. The layout of the room makes for a very spacious feel as if it were a nice studio. I chose this hotel for the value. Due to it's location, I would only book here again if I had to conduct business within a 5 mile radius of here.
I came to the area as a Ft Lauderdale tourist. With that said, I regret staying in this property because it was so far from beaches, casinos and tourist spots. I would highly recommend not staying here if you have a touristic agenda like I did.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank paul i
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your review Paul. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the layout of our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My Daughter was married October 13th of this year. She chose your hotel for the wedding quest. It was closed to the Country Club and thought it would work prefectley. Well that was not the case! The person that did the contract with my Daughter was not truthful. My Daughter spent 2 weeks before the wedding fighting for every thing that was promised. I don't know how a big chain hotel could operate like this. I felt so bad for my Daughter. All your hotel did was add more stress to her. If your hotel was the last hotel standing during a Cat 5 hurricane, I would not stay there. I am SO disappointed!! Also, alot of our guest had problems with you. Your hotel is VERY unorganized!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 315Runninggirl60
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Went for a weekend seminar and was very pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. The rooms were huge and very nicely done. Granite counter tops, large separate living room and very comfy bed. Staff was very nice and helpful. Pool on the roof and great workout room. It is attached to a closed fashion mall which is a little strange but didn't affect my stay there. Would definately be happy to stay here again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your review Hisfriend! We are glad that you enjoyed the size and decor of our rooms. It seems that you got to experience all the hotel has to offer, especially the rooftop pool. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to South Florida.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here a few times this year; our most recent visit was this month. The room's 2 "room" layout is very good for traveling with children, as there is a sliding door to separate the "rooms". Only downside is the restaurant, which has poor service. Otherwise, the staff (front desk, engineering, and housekeeping) were very responsive and friendly. It is weird, though, since the mall next to it is vacant and a shell...

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your review Hearsay2. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Sheraton is all about people coming together and we are pleased that you were able to during your family reunion. I have passed your comments to all department heads about your kind words about our staff and to fix the areas that need it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Suites on your next visit to South Florida.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We requested a higher floor with a reasonable view. We were allocated a 3rd floor with a reasonable view, however, the ice machine around the corner on the other side of the lift was extremely noisy. We requested another room only for them to allocate one miles, I mean miles, from the lift, no view (OK, we can accept that) but overlooking another building and their own with a/c machines going like the clappers down below! Very reluctantly we asked for another room (never in my life have I changed once let alone twice!) and not go to such an extreme to be away from the lifts; they put us overlooking the quadrangle and it was perfect - as we'd had before. We were told that we needed to ask for that - what!!! Really helpful front of desk staff - no common sense...
Otherwise, the hotel is great, and breakfast came as asked ... a few more towels would have been helpful in the double-queen room as we only had one bath towel and two hand towels between three of us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review Falmouth60. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to switch rooms during, but I am glad that you did enjoy your stay. I already passed your comments to avoid these situations in the future. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!