“Great all-suite hotel, good rates”

Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Portland, Oregon
“Great all-suite hotel, good rates”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We have stayed at the Sheraton Suites Plantation several times pre or post cruise. It's a very nice hotel with wonderful rooms. We have had rooms facing the interior courtyard and the front - both are good. Each room has a large bathroom with double sinks separate from the shower/toilet area and large closet; bedroom with TV; and livingroom with sleeper sofa, wing chair, TV, desk and mini-bar area with fridge and pod coffee maker. It is quite and beds are comfortable. Rooms and common areas seem clean and well maintained. There is a pool, hot tub and fitness center on the roof (I haven't used any of these, so can't comment on them). There is free Wi-fi and a complementary small bottle of water in the room. Staff is generally friendly and accomodating.

We always choose this Sheraton because it's a category 2 for SPG points - one of the cheapest options. The location is great too. Close to lots of shopping and restaurants. The only downside is that it's attached to an old, abandoned mall, which is a little creepy. We have never had any problems though. This is also probably why this hotel is a lower category even though it is very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior courtyard might be a bit quieter than those facing the parking lot. Some r...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for your review pdxcanby. We are so happy to hear about not only your last stay with us, but your Starwood loyalty and to our property. Even with being attached to the mall, once you're inside you forget that the mall is there. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next cruise, and feel free to call us prior to your arrival so we can pre-block you in a room facing the courtyard.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Czech first
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Poor service. I enquired if they have shuttle pick up from the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal by email three weeks before. Then on the date I finished my cruise trip, I phoned the hotel and left a message for them to call back. Nobody called me back. After half hour, I called their 1800 number, and the operator told me that this hotel does not have shuttle pick up. So I took a taxi to the hotel, and I saw their shuttle bus parks just outside the lobby. On their advertisement, it says they have free shuttle going to Sawgrass Mall. So after check in, and asked the front desk about the free shuttle. I was told to talk to the bellman. Talked to the one of the bellmen and he told me to ask the front desk. Then after run around for another half an hour, the driver said he just went to Sawgrass, and convince us not to go there as there will be lot of people. We ended up going to an ready mall with another guest. On the way I asked what time there will be a shuttle going to Sawgrass. The answer was 10 in the morning. So we got up the next day and waited for the shuttle before 10am. No shuttle after 10, so I asked the front desk, and I was told the shuttle is 11 am. The poor service did not end up there. I was phoned by the front desk that I will be picked up at around 5:30pm. After a number of phone calls (long distant cell phone charges) we were picked one hour later.

Right after these 2 days in Plantation, we are staying in another Sheraton hotel in Toronto (4 Point) for 4 nights, and have no issue with this one.

For Sheraton Suites Plantation, I have to concur the previous reviewer's remark that the best I can give is a 3-star hotel. But on the bright side, they can improve if they can somehow improve their performance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruby5187
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Fantastic rooms for the rate we paid. Rooms were clean very well presented with free WiFi and coffee machine etc. We had a room on 2nd floor which faced the front of the hotel which was still very quiet.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a higher room - there was a very noisy wedding reception on ground floor when we...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Pros:
Really cheap hotel if you use points
20 minutes from the beach

Cons:
Dated rooms
Below par Bar Service
Outside appearance of the hotel is sketchy
Platinum recognition was minimal

Overall, a decent place to stay for the points, but I probably would avoid this place in the future...

Room Tip: I would recommend staying at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport instead.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
South Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Lobby was decent, bar had decent drinks. Restaurant seemed unremarkable so we chose to eat off the property. We were disappointed with the rooftop pool, and chose not to try it. We wish there had been a poolside bar or cafe of some sort. Gym looked good, didn't use it either. One bedroom suite was nicely sized, big bathroom had separate sinks which was nice. Nice and clean. The bed had nice pillows but could have been more comfortable in our opinion. We were surprised to see dogs staying with some guests, and one dog in the hallway was barking really loudly until 1am but we were at the end of the hallway and sleep with the tv on so we were able to drown it out. Overall would not stay again, although we got a decent rate.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I got a great hotel room during my stay. Wonderful staff and very updated room. The layout of the room makes for a very spacious feel as if it were a nice studio. I chose this hotel for the value. Due to it's location, I would only book here again if I had to conduct business within a 5 mile radius of here.
I came to the area as a Ft Lauderdale tourist. With that said, I regret staying in this property because it was so far from beaches, casinos and tourist spots. I would highly recommend not staying here if you have a touristic agenda like I did.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank paul i
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your review Paul. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the layout of our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My Daughter was married October 13th of this year. She chose your hotel for the wedding quest. It was closed to the Country Club and thought it would work prefectley. Well that was not the case! The person that did the contract with my Daughter was not truthful. My Daughter spent 2 weeks before the wedding fighting for every thing that was promised. I don't know how a big chain hotel could operate like this. I felt so bad for my Daughter. All your hotel did was add more stress to her. If your hotel was the last hotel standing during a Cat 5 hurricane, I would not stay there. I am SO disappointed!! Also, alot of our guest had problems with you. Your hotel is VERY unorganized!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 315Runninggirl60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West? Share your experiences!