“Top notch hotel in area”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Lots to like about this hotel. Nicely located near the Broward Mall. Attractive from the outside, spacious lobby, nice garden with fountain out back, and very roomy comfortable suites with dual sinks. Good value for the money.
Best of all - is the staff which is superb. I've stayed there twice now and one time was after my purse had been stolen. They offered me all kinds of support and help with my not having any money problem. (Stayed using points.)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Zachary E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for your review ShanaNicole. I am glad to see that you truly enjoy the properties location and all that is has to offer. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed the properties best feature, and that is our staff. We are fortunate to have the staff that we do. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to South Florida.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in November the suites are comfortable and we liked the separate bathroom and wash area too. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel but it was quiet and we were not disturbed by any traffic noise.
Our booking included breakfast in the price, we were asked to sign a check on the first morning and when I questioned the restaurant staff they assured me that no charges would be made to my account as breakfast was included. The same process happened on days 2 and 3 but I received a summary of my account showing the breakfast charges ($31 per day) had been reduced to nil.
I checked out on November 22 and reception confirmed there was nothing extra to pay for my 3 night stay. Since returning to the UK I have been charged $93 which appears to relate to the breakfast costs, I certainly didn't charge anything else to my credit card.
I sent emails to Zachary Engle at Sheraton 12 and 17 December but I have not received any reply from the Sheraton yet.
I'm hoping for a swift refund for this incorrect charge or I will have to dispute the charge through the credit card company - I could do without this hassle!
I'll be reluctant to agree to allowing hotels to swipe my credit card in future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for your review HelenGill2013. I would like to apologize for the issue regarding your breakfast charge and want to get this resolved for you. I also apologize for no response to your e-mail, but please e-mail us again at zengle@sheratonsuitesplantation.com so I may fix this immediately for you. I thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to South Florida.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Before leaving on a cruise we stayed here for 3 Nights. For us it was a great base as well as being a pleasent hotel. The suite was large and clean, breakfast included. Free internet and parking was good as well.
We found it to be senteral for all that we wanted, Sawgrass Mills, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami.

We will be back next year!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Except for the waiter at Cilantro's the service was awful. No friendly smiles. Grunting instead of polite responses. The bell boy threw our suitcases on the ground in the room. I had to look for the luggage rack in the closet and set up our suitcases while he looked on with his hand outstretchef waiting for his tip. The rooms are nice and the beds excellent. Hotel hey day is a bit passed with worn out carpets and furniture. But good for a 3 star hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TheHappyJourney
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

It was my first time staying at this this sheraton suites in plantation fl and I checked out on 13th Dec I had to wait literally 30 to 45 minutes to check.it is true that hotel is old and bunch of hackle and jackle working there. I asked front desk to call for taxi to take me to airport for 6:45 and I can see taxi outside and hotel front desk clerk is stopping me with stupid excuse that it is not my taxi and it should be here soon with some taxi they always use she said and 45 minutes later I ended up asking the cabbie if he is available and left the hotel. I almost missed my flight .rude front desk clerk like she is doing me a favor by doing her job.it was my first and last time for sheraton.stay away from this guys.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank lohan12
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and I are now 3 nights into a 4 night stay at the Sheraton Suites Plantation. The customer service at this hotel is amazing! The hotel manager, Sonny, made us feel so welcome right off the bat. All of the front desk staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

The lobby is very nice in the hotel - very modern and welcoming. The hotel also has great food that is very reasonably priced, especially for a hotel. The rooms are also quite nice and found them to be very clean - they are huge and very comfortable for an extended stay. This hotel will be our first choice when we return to the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We were a little worried when pulling up at the hotel - it's attached to a long closed shopping center. Once you get inside, though, you'd never know. The front desk folks were super nice, the lobby was hopping with guests, people were coming in/out. The room size is great, though the couch had seen better days and was a little faded. We went to the bar one night and waited for over 10 minutes for the bartender to come back from wherever she was. I'm pretty sure she was on a super long smoking break while 4-5 of us waited for drinks. Overall, though, we had a great couple days before a cruise and would highly recommend the hotel. Great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!