“A little past its prime but still good value”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here after a cruise and selected this area because of its proximity to Sawgrass Mills and several other places we wanted to visit. On arrival the fact the place is attached to a long defunct mall is a little discouraging and the walk to the room over dirty, worn and wrinkled carpet reinforces the initial negative impression.

The room itself was very large, clean and well appointed. This made up for the poor first impression. The view of the interior roof from our second floor room was pretty bad, with discarded pool towels that had been dropped (and left for a long time) again reinforced the negative first impression.

Bottom line - the location, service and room are good. The external appearance, hallways and views are poor. Overall a nice 3 star if you can get it for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nepean01
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for 9 nights. All I can say that I was very happy with this hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Staff was great at front desk, very friendly and helpful, especially the lady from the Virgin Islands and Sunny. Beth and Adam were equally as good at the bar.

We stayed from Xmas day till the 3rd of Jan. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. The only knock is that the hotel is starting to show signs that it needs some renovating. If we return next Xmas to fl we will stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was happy with the breakfast and my suite was nice during my one night stay. However, the hotel suffers greatly from the location and I received no recognition as an SPG Platinum member. The view of a roof from my room was horrendous.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We (family of four) stayed here for two nights last week during our vacation to Fort Lauderdale (and Key West). During the week long trip, we stayed at three hotels and this was the best by far. In fact, I will say that our stay was perfect in every possible way.

Easy check-in. Bright and beautiful lobby. Spacious suites (two rooms) on a high floor with a nice view. Comfortable bed, nice set of amenities in a sparkling bathroom with two sinks (they even had shaving cream). Ample free parking spaces. Great location, on a highway with great dining/shopping options. 10-15 minute drive from Las Olas beaches.

It has a beautiful large roof-top pool, which was heated (could have been warmer!) but accommodated both recreational (my kids) and cardio (me) needs. There was also a nice hot tub, which I tried briefly.

We tried the breakfast buffet, which was delicious (the earlier you go, the better). A bit pricey for adults at $15, but the kids got to eat at half price, which I thought was very reasonable. Nice service all around, including the front desk and the restaurant.

I think the hotel checked all the boxes that mattered to us. We had a great time and would not hesitate to come back again. My four year old called this place his Florida home and that says it all!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is regarding a prepaid guaranteed reservation made two months in advance for a two double be non-smoking room. When We got to the hotel a Lady named Lyzelte took care of me and our problems began; for starters, she can barely speaks english, then she told my reservation was for a King size bed, I told her it was not but she insisted, so I told her to fix it and she told me she was goin to give and upgrade, whem We got to our room We realize it was a king size, the upgrade was for a Jacuzzi, I didn't want that, so I came back to the froont desk and told her it was not good, then she very rudely says that I offered to show her a print of the reservation, that was a lie, but anyway I went to the hotel's bussines center and printed a copy of the reservation, when I shouw it to her she daid that in her systems I booked a King size,then I called Expedia and they confirmed that I had a two bed bedroom reserved, then she said mine was not a request not a reservation; so I was wrong, Expedia was wrong, everybody was wrong but her.I know Sheraton does not train their front desk employees to behave like this, but for me this is the last time in a Sheraton. Latrer I talked with an Expedia customer service rep, She called the hotel and there were not any available two beds rooms and She offered to cancel the reservation and to relocate Usa at another hotel in the area, AT 12:30 AM.
WE DECIDED TO STAY ANYWAY BUT HAD TO WRITE THIS LETTER OTHERWISE MY CONCIENSE WOULD NOT LET ME SLEEP.
IF SHERATON CUSTOMERS SERVICE CARE I WOULD BE EXPECTING AN ANSWER FROM THEM FOR THIS LETTER, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THEY DO IT, AT LEAST WRITE ME A SORRY LETTER.
FOR LYZELTE, I WOULD NOT GIVE HER A JOB OVER LANDSCAPING LEVEL, SHE DOES NOT HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS NOR THE LENGUAGE

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MauroFas
Zachary E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review MauroFas. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issue you encountered at the front desk. No matter where the error came from, our staff should have handled the situation much better. Your review has been taken to the Front Office Manager and General Manager to ensure this does not happen again. I again apologize and hope that if you do travel back to South Florida you will allow us another opportunity to show you how good our service can be.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We had great stay in this wonderful hotel

Great stay at Fort Lauderdale area located very close to I-75 and friendly service
Huge rooms with sofa bed and kitchen area and also big bath area

Nice outdoor pool at the rooftop with hot tub and gym

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank planotexas1
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Lots to like about this hotel. Nicely located near the Broward Mall. Attractive from the outside, spacious lobby, nice garden with fountain out back, and very roomy comfortable suites with dual sinks. Good value for the money.
Best of all - is the staff which is superb. I've stayed there twice now and one time was after my purse had been stolen. They offered me all kinds of support and help with my not having any money problem. (Stayed using points.)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Zachary E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for your review ShanaNicole. I am glad to see that you truly enjoy the properties location and all that is has to offer. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed the properties best feature, and that is our staff. We are fortunate to have the staff that we do. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to South Florida.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!