“Nice on the outside but is decaying on the inside”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Came with a group and checked in early given a room at the far end of the hall over looking the aircondition and blank wall heard AC unit running .
Carpet needs cleaning.
Told had shuttle to take you to restaurants within 3 miles. Picked restaurant driver had no ideas where it was even though close by.
I could go on, Would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff were mostly ok, except some of them talk to you rudely and treat you like you don't mean anything to them.

The items for breakfast buffet choice were the same for the 4 days of my staying, and the waitress/waiter were not attentive at all! They were always out of fresh plates, and I had to get up myself to get water and spicy sauce. The only nice one I had was a young man, he was nice and would at least greet you. I really did not feel like tipping the rest of them but I did anyways.

The room was nice and specials. However, I seriously doubt I will ever want to come back here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ypw100
Zachary E, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review Ypw100. I want to apologize for the front desk and restaurant staff. We pride ourselves on our service and will be doing some retraining in those departments. I am glad to see that you did enjoy the room. I hope when traveling back to South Florida you will allow us another chance to prove to you how good our service can be.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night with our two children for a pre--cruise stay. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

The kids enjoyed swimming in the rooftop pool. It was definitely a great way to kill the time before heading off on our cruise.

No issues. Just a clean, comfortable hotel.

Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank BusPersTrvlr
Zachary E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review BusPersTrvlr. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that your children enjoyed the roof-top pool. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites Plantation in Fort Lauderdale for one night. The hotel is a bit run down and is due for a makeover. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Booked the room through hotwire so the price was good. Make sure your room is not near the elevators, very noisy as was the music playing from somewhere on the property

We didn't get to use the pool or gym so cannot comment.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review CarribeanTravel. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is set to begin a renovation later this year that will only enhance our product. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband & I just recently stayed here for one night as we were waiting to catch our flight home the next morning. I was very happy with the hotel staff as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. Everything was very clean & orderly. I did have a horrible view and there was a constant "clanking" noise all night coming from our sink drain area, but other than that I was happy there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review TKLEE M. I would like to apologize for the view and sound you experienced during your stay, but I am glad to read that you did enjoy your stay overall. I did pass your comments on to my Chief Engineer to look into the sound. We hope that when you return to South Florida you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here after a cruise and selected this area because of its proximity to Sawgrass Mills and several other places we wanted to visit. On arrival the fact the place is attached to a long defunct mall is a little discouraging and the walk to the room over dirty, worn and wrinkled carpet reinforces the initial negative impression.

The room itself was very large, clean and well appointed. This made up for the poor first impression. The view of the interior roof from our second floor room was pretty bad, with discarded pool towels that had been dropped (and left for a long time) again reinforced the negative first impression.

Bottom line - the location, service and room are good. The external appearance, hallways and views are poor. Overall a nice 3 star if you can get it for a reasonable price.

1  Thank Nepean01
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for 9 nights. All I can say that I was very happy with this hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Staff was great at front desk, very friendly and helpful, especially the lady from the Virgin Islands and Sunny. Beth and Adam were equally as good at the bar.

We stayed from Xmas day till the 3rd of Jan. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. The only knock is that the hotel is starting to show signs that it needs some renovating. If we return next Xmas to fl we will stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!