Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Herent, Belgium
“Nice pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We got a really great deal on this hotel and taking this into account we loved the place. It has nice large comfy rooms with a king and sofa bed (which our kids used the entire time). Coffeemaker, fridge, microwave, desk, large bathroom .. 2 large TV's.. the only thing I really did not like was the beds which offered no support. Extremely soft (and comfy maybe if you like this) but my wife and myself did not sleep well and woke up with pain in our back due to the complete lack of decent support.

The pool and gym were really great, we did not try breakfast at the hotel ( I recommend the pancake house nearby as an alternative ). Convenient within a 10min drive also from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall.

Also, super helpful lady at the front desk.

Room Tip: If you travel with 2 kids it is still better to go for the King bedroom rather than the double in my...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Czech first
Orlando, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,755 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My first visit to Sheraton Suites Plantation (Fort Lauderdale west) revealed a few missteps. The organization I represent had reserved a room for me. Upon arrival, none were available, though I had a confirmation. Using my credit card for the one-night stay, a clerk had documented my arrival date as March 28, checking out on March 30. Our organization’s director rectified the snafu. (Murphy’s Law seems to haunt those with the same name.) At 9:30 that evening, I notified registration the error checkout date. The staff argued that I must be mistaken. On the phone, she said, “I have it here in front of me.” Well, I had it in front of me that checkout was in two days. When I went to the registration desk, there was only one representative for the ten people waiting. First impressions are irreversible. Trip coming in the front door to fall flat on your face and you’re not likely to notice fresh flowers in the foyer.

Each room, however, is a true suite. The bathroom and separate bathroom and sink areas are accessed from the bedroom or through a pocket door at the entrance. There are a mini-fridge and microwave in a wet bar, all granite topped, separated from the living room by a desk. The living area has a sofa, chair and TV, and a wide window, as does the bedroom. The two rooms can be closed off with sliding doors which reduce a/c sound. There’s a popcorn ceiling, though it’s doubtful the hotel is old enough for this design faux pas to be anything but a mistake. Missing from the Sheraton is the stuffy smell of most hotels. Number 504 is not a room with a view. Well, excluding a view of a/c compressors and a 6-story edifice a hundred feet away. There is excellent sleep quality.

As for amenities, the only lobby restrooms are at the extreme end beyond registration, past elevators and east of Eden—on the opposite end from a bar, restaurant, and conference facilities. Service staff use the conference gathering area to drag trash cans and cleaning supplies, hardly a conducive environment for displaying conference merchandise. Poor floor plan and lack of convenient restrooms detract from excellent rooms. But why have a comfortable room and attend an uncomfortable conference environment? After 12 hours at a conference, most are too tired to enjoy a spacious suite.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have the only view
3 Thank DeanMurphy2020
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The personal at this hotel is fantastic and very accommodating . But that said the property is old- really need fresh paint and new carpets. Couches have stains and wood furniture is falling apparat. The hotel is adjourned to a empty/ closed mall...Would not recommend.

Stayed April 2014
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have a business that travels all the time. We are working on a project that connects to this property. Booked in advance for a two man team at 149.00 night. When our men arrive the cost is much higher and they called back to our office and said for us to find another hotel. The property was nice but they were made to feel unwelcome right from the start. We will be in the area for a while but not staying here.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Two night stay for business at the end of March. Couldn't have asked for more.

Staff treated me like royalty upon check in as an SPG Gold Member. Was put on the Club Floor and given complimentary breakfast vouchers - even though that wasn't part of my reservation. A nice surprise.

All the rooms are suites. Parking and internet are free.

Have stayed here twice now and would certainly seek this property out if in the area for business again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and had booked a king bed suite. On arrival we were offered a king bed BOARDROOM suite! As I have health issues I need to be able to sit on comfortable lower seats so this wasn't suitable. They offered us a double bed suite so we took that. When I said that it wasn't what we booked he offered us free breakfasts for our stay. This was acceptable to us so they came up trumps. HOWEVER, the breakfast was not very good at all. The food was overcooked and quite cold and dry. The service also left a lot to be desired so all in all, we were glad we handed paid for it!
Apart from that the hotel is really nice and the staff welcoming, helpful and friendly.
The room was spacious,clean and welcoming.
We would still stay again though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This place is exactly what a perfect hotel is like. From the greetings at the reception to the hotel room itself, I would love to live here. I travel almost every month to Fort Lauderdale/Miami area and I've decided this is where I am going to base myself. In the past, I loved the Westin on Corporate drive and the Marriotts and other Sheratons. But, I found perfection. I didn't get the chance to have dinner here but that will come on my next visit. I normally have dinner out with clients and/or friends in Ft. Lauderdale area. The suite is ideal. It is very clean and spotless. The comforter and the bed is to die for. The water pressure in the shower is strong enough, you don't want to get out. And, I just don't want to get out of bed!!! The suite is perfect! I used my hotel points so not sure how much the room cost. But, this is Spring Break and could be pricey but the points were minimum and well worth it!

It's easy access to 95 and the Turnpike makes it very convenient to drive in and drive out.

Room Tip: I was happy with my room and view. In fact, the room was so comfy, didn't care about the view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West? Share your experiences!