Three sets of our family stayed 4 nights at the Sheraton last week occupying 5 suites. We were there from Boston, Virginia and North Carolina to attend the S. Fl, funeral of the family matriarch. Overall the experience was a good one considering the circumstances. However, one negative was the attitude of a very critical staff member of any hotel, the front desk staff. I found the night front desk woman Lyzelte to be extremely rude, both on the telephone when I called the hotel to request adjacent rooms as we had little children and when we checked in. I also observed her being rude and argumentative to another guest as we stood in line waiting to check in. When I first called the hotel and was unable to obtain information from her I asked her name which she refused to give me, she mumbled that she would put her supervisor on the line, put me on hold and after waiting 10 minutes, I hung up and called back being fortunate to get Marie J. a Jamaican woman who was very nice and efficient. I told her I would inform Mr. Fischer of Lyzelte's conduct not knowing that the rudeness would continue when I checked in the following night. For the duration of the stay and when we requested late check out to catch planes etc, the rest of the front desk staff were very helpful, courteous and just great. Sonny, was just the nicest person at that desk. Mr. Fischer, while you are just the interim manager please flex your authority now and transfer that woman at the front desk to the laundry where she does not have to interact with people. Her attitude is a real downer for your hotel. Suggestions: some paint for the exterior, more front desk staff for holiday weekends, less noisy lobby area design, sprucing up the hotel generally. The spa tub was difficult to get in and out, really unnecessary waste of water. We could have been offered a free breakfast for booking 5 suites OR some flowers in the suites as the staff knew we were there for my mother's funeral. Loved: the suite concept with the pull out sofa, ability to close off the bedroom, as we like to stay in suites with the children, beds were very comfy, no bedbugs, (I checked as I always do nowadays) great ?Haitian, housekeeper, lots of towels both at the pool and in our suites, lots of ice, far from the noise of the elevator and the ice machine, breakfast bought from Publix by the fountain, Neutrogena products in the bathrooms as my daughter has allergies, your accommodating our service dog. I would stay here again as a member of the family is a SPG member, but hopefully won't have to deal with Lyzelte again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation is an all-suite, newly renovated, full-service hotel within walking distance to the Broward Mall, close to major office complexes, and just 10 minutes from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West Hotel Plantation
- Sheraton Plantation
- Plantation Sheraton
- Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation Florida