“Attention Mr.Fischer, general manager. Front desk person complaint”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Three sets of our family stayed 4 nights at the Sheraton last week occupying 5 suites. We were there from Boston, Virginia and North Carolina to attend the S. Fl, funeral of the family matriarch. Overall the experience was a good one considering the circumstances. However, one negative was the attitude of a very critical staff member of any hotel, the front desk staff. I found the night front desk woman Lyzelte to be extremely rude, both on the telephone when I called the hotel to request adjacent rooms as we had little children and when we checked in. I also observed her being rude and argumentative to another guest as we stood in line waiting to check in. When I first called the hotel and was unable to obtain information from her I asked her name which she refused to give me, she mumbled that she would put her supervisor on the line, put me on hold and after waiting 10 minutes, I hung up and called back being fortunate to get Marie J. a Jamaican woman who was very nice and efficient. I told her I would inform Mr. Fischer of Lyzelte's conduct not knowing that the rudeness would continue when I checked in the following night. For the duration of the stay and when we requested late check out to catch planes etc, the rest of the front desk staff were very helpful, courteous and just great. Sonny, was just the nicest person at that desk. Mr. Fischer, while you are just the interim manager please flex your authority now and transfer that woman at the front desk to the laundry where she does not have to interact with people. Her attitude is a real downer for your hotel. Suggestions: some paint for the exterior, more front desk staff for holiday weekends, less noisy lobby area design, sprucing up the hotel generally. The spa tub was difficult to get in and out, really unnecessary waste of water. We could have been offered a free breakfast for booking 5 suites OR some flowers in the suites as the staff knew we were there for my mother's funeral. Loved: the suite concept with the pull out sofa, ability to close off the bedroom, as we like to stay in suites with the children, beds were very comfy, no bedbugs, (I checked as I always do nowadays) great ?Haitian, housekeeper, lots of towels both at the pool and in our suites, lots of ice, far from the noise of the elevator and the ice machine, breakfast bought from Publix by the fountain, Neutrogena products in the bathrooms as my daughter has allergies, your accommodating our service dog. I would stay here again as a member of the family is a SPG member, but hopefully won't have to deal with Lyzelte again.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors, away from the ice machine and elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AngMarieL2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of my favorite hotel!!! Very clean room and felt like home! Very nice and helpful staff! Hotel is closed to restaurant and mall! breakfast was very good you have a lot of things to choose! And the pool is very nice! and plenty to park your car if you have a vehicle.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the comfy beds to the roof top pool, everything was awesome. Easy to find, right off the highway and no noise. Very close to everything, from Publix to shopping. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Rooftop pool, great facilities thanks to Expedia great prices too. Limited to one restaurant but for a few days was great. Staff were polite as most floridians are and the suite was perfect for all of us. Well recommended well situated for what is the best mall in Florida.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one week, and it was truly a home away from home. Very relaxing, and conveniently located to malls, and restaurants. Everything was just down the street. Also close to 595 expressway. The night staff was very welcoming, and friendly especially Yashika. Great with directions to nearby spots. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dean C
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our stay consisted of two nights. This hotel I'm sure was great in it's day. The rooms are suites and very spacious. Loved the bathroom area - overall great space. Pool is located on the roof of the Hotel -- needs updating. Lobby is nice, restaurant menu needs to be updated. Our first room's air conditioner stopped working...as a result we moved to another room. The location of this property is great...rooms spacious.....wish owner's would invest in a major overhaul.

Room Tip: As far as "location" I would suggest a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Excelent room size, with a separate living room. Broad parking lot, very important given that it is almost mandatory to have a rented car in Miami. Very comfortable bed, good air conditioning. Location is good, one block away from a mall and a Wallgreens and some nice stores and a very good hospital, which, unfortunately, had to be used.

Not all rooms were near the elevator. Our room was a couple of minutes from it, which was a little annoying in my case, because I had to leave the room many times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!