I booked two two bedroom suites for a four day weekend trip for a dance group of 12 young ladies from my church. The reception area was clean and nice. We checked in late, were tired and were having problems with our credit cards. The front deask got us sorted out quick enough and were pleasent about it.
We got to our building where our room was located and as soon as we entered the hallway there was a serious old, musty, wet carpet smell that everyone noticed. While waiting on the elevator two ceiling tiles above our heads were full of mold. I was truly embarrased as I was the one that chose the hotel for the group.
The rooms were better ventilated and the scent wasn't in there. The bathrooms are almost as small as on the cruise ship and all of the sealing around the tub & toilet was peeling off. The first morning two of the girls woke up with bug bites on their arms and neck. Told the front desk and they sent someone up to spray the room. There weren't any more bites after that.
The staff were very pleasent (except for one lady in charge of cleaning and packing up the breakfast area) and the hot buffett breakfast was the ONLY saving grace for this place. I would never stay here again unless they invest in massive rennovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation has brand-new suites and features the ideal amenities to make it the perfect extended stay Fort Lauderdale hotel. Conveniently located off I-595, our Plantation hotel is just 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ports. Guests appreciate the close proximity to travel destinations such as the BB&T Center, Sun Life Stadium, and downtown Miami. Our new, pet-friendly suites include free WiFi, separate living area with pullout sofa, stylish furnishings and 50% more space than rooms at other Planation hotels. The highlight of every suite is the fully-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances. We even have free grocery delivery to help stock your fridge. If you don't want to cook, enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning with a variety of fruits, cereals, and entrees including Belgian waffles. Maintain an active lifestyle in our 24-hour fitness center or outdoor Sport Court or just relax at our outdoor pool. Local travel is easy with the free shuttle service, making this the perfect Fort Lauderdale/Plantation Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Hotel Plantation
- Residence Inn Plantation
- Plantation Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation Florida