I seriously don't understand some of the ratings that people have given this hotel. I booked this property because my family and I were flying out of Fort Lauderdale after a cruise and when I read that it had been renovated I thought that it must be pretty good. Boy was I wrong ! Upon arrival the lobby appears to be fairly decent but it's all downhill from there. The hallways are old and seriously over-perfumed as though they're trying to mask some other odor beneath it but all it did was succeed in making me sick. The rooms also smell VERY musty from the minute you walk in and are older than any other Residence Inn that I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at many). The carpets were sticky so we never walked around without sandals. The furniture is OLD and in poor condition. The kitchen area was actually gross especially the cabinets and garbage area beneath the sink. The property was supposed to be 100% non-smoking but they don't mind giving you old smelly blankets with several cigarette burns in them. Even my 9 year old daughter who is generally so easy going complained that she couldn't sleep because the blankets smelled. I don't think i've stayed at such a dilapidated and unprofessional Residence Inn in my entire life. When my husband asked for some sheets to use under the blankets for the sofa bed and rollaway, they gave us nothing but fitted sheets saying that they ran out of laundry (and that too with stains). Renovations ??? What renovations?? When I asked the front desk clerk what reno's were done to the rooms she told me that reno's were in the lobby and outside areas but none to the rooms (which is completely apparent). Oh my goodness, there are so many negative things at this property that I could go on and on. We made a mistake by staying at this property but I hope that you read my review and avoid the mistake we made. I would NEVER recommend anyone stay here and I have no intention of ever taking my family back. I don't understand how Marriott has let this property slide because it is COMPLETELY sub-par for a Marriott property. Why aren't the regional reps reviewing this property? If anyone plans on being in the Fort Lauderdale area - look into Los Olas. We drove through this area a couple of times and were so impressed with the location that for the future I plan on finding something in this location. I think there are several hotels in this part of Fort Lauderdale, a beautiful mall, beaches within a short distance, great restaurants and I'm sure based on the look of the area - the hotels Los Olas must have a higher standard of quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation has brand-new suites and features the ideal amenities to make it the perfect extended stay Fort Lauderdale hotel. Conveniently located off I-595, our Plantation hotel is just 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ports. Guests appreciate the close proximity to travel destinations such as the BB&T Center, Sun Life Stadium, and downtown Miami. Our new, pet-friendly suites include free WiFi, separate living area with pullout sofa, stylish furnishings and 50% more space than rooms at other Planation hotels. The highlight of every suite is the fully-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances. We even have free grocery delivery to help stock your fridge. If you don't want to cook, enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning with a variety of fruits, cereals, and entrees including Belgian waffles. Maintain an active lifestyle in our 24-hour fitness center or outdoor Sport Court or just relax at our outdoor pool. Local travel is easy with the free shuttle service, making this the perfect Fort Lauderdale/Plantation Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Hotel Plantation
- Residence Inn Plantation
- Plantation Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation Florida