Booked a two bedroom suite for my husband and I and my parents to share before leaving on our cruise the following day. Booking online claimed transport was included to the pier for all four of us round trip; however, upon the morning of our cruise, we were informed at the shuttle (which was over 45 minutes late) that we had only paid for two and only for ONE way. Needing to get the port and having had a stressful morning, we begrudgingly paid the driver directly. He failed to give us a receipt but we hoped in good faith they would uphold their end of the rather confusing bargain.
After our cruise, we waited another 45 minutes to be picked up at the pier after having made multiple attempts to get in contact with the front desk for transportation. That morning, the voicemail box was full, so it took almost a half hour to even get anyone on the line. We were picked up and taken back to the hotel, whereupon having already paid them a week earlier we went on our way. Not more than 15 minutes later, my father received a phone call from the hotel claiming the $10 in tip we had given was actually insufficient because they claimed we had never even paid for the return trip.
For $12/pp for a barely 10 mile trip, the services rendered by this hotel were totally unacceptable. Poor customer service (nothing like be argued with about whether you paid or not by a grown man) coupled with a frankly sub-par example of the Marriot brand will send us back to the Hampton Inn with its flamingo encrusted van and complementary service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation has brand-new suites and features the ideal amenities to make it the perfect extended stay Fort Lauderdale hotel. Conveniently located off I-595, our Plantation hotel is just 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ports. Guests appreciate the close proximity to travel destinations such as the BB&T Center, Sun Life Stadium, and downtown Miami. Our new, pet-friendly suites include free WiFi, separate living area with pullout sofa, stylish furnishings and 50% more space than rooms at other Planation hotels. The highlight of every suite is the fully-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances. We even have free grocery delivery to help stock your fridge. If you don't want to cook, enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning with a variety of fruits, cereals, and entrees including Belgian waffles. Maintain an active lifestyle in our 24-hour fitness center or outdoor Sport Court or just relax at our outdoor pool. Local travel is easy with the free shuttle service, making this the perfect Fort Lauderdale/Plantation Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Hotel Plantation
- Residence Inn Plantation
- Plantation Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation Florida