“A Disappointment”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Rio de Janeiro, Br
“A Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We arrived 4am and they where nice to give us, a room, until our two room apt would be vacant. To our surprise, when we came back at 3pm, our room ( reservation ) was given to another family ! and we were offered 2 complimentary rooms (separate). But this was not what we wanted, we would like to spend our New Year's together. Finally on the 2nd day they managed to get us to our apt. Spacious but in need of a make up, the furniture and bathroom were old and outdated.
We made a reservation for 8 nights, and for 4 days our room wasn't cleaned !!!! they gave us 2 days for free, but that was not what we would like. The breakfast was good, but you have to arrive early, because what you see is what you get, ther is NO replacement ! The washer / dryer were broken. Will not come back, and I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ChrisRocha
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
ChrisRocha,

I am so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had during your New Year's trip. Please know that we have made several adjustments to our food & beverage schedule to better handle high demand mornings and have also purchased a new guest washer and dryer. If your travel ever brings you back to Plantation, please let me know so I can ensure your next visit goes perfectly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have stayed at Residence Inn's at other locations and were generally satisfied. At this location, my daughter found many ants crawling around the stove top. We were given a room in the "second" building next to the mail hotel and the location was noisy. We were near the stairs and heard other guest conversations as they walked up the steps at all hours of the night. We did not address the issues with the front desk as we are generally not ones to complain, however they will not receive any future business from us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nbrown29
nbrown29,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you stay was less than perfect and that you left unsatisfied. Please know that we want nothing more than to provide the Marriott service you have come to expect. If at any time we are falling short of that, please let us know so we can improve it immediately to ensure your stay is perfect. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Have been staying here on and off now since December, 2013 for business and it has been very enjoyable. They provide a good breakfast a fair dinner. There are many restaurants close by and a shopping mall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank itseasyjon
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
itseasyjon,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your most recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

We hope your travels bring you back soon!
Rocky Point, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Although the property is older, it is clean and well laid out. We had a queen suite that overlooked the pool, the room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The buffet breakfast was wonderful, varied and always well stocked. The staff was courteous and helpful.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lenaP76
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
lenaP76,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will make sure to pass on the recognition to my team! Have a great day!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Opportunity to stay at the Residence Inn Plantation for 1-night. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Lobby nice but rooms showing their age. Found it very strange that only hotel I have ever stayed at without automatic doors at entrance. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank W0rld_Travel_Advisor
W0rld_Travel_Advisor,

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. I am looking into the automatic front door. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, we hope to see you again soon!
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I am a seasoned traveler and I enjoyed every moment of my 10 night stay. My check in took less than 5 minutes. I used a trolly to load all my luggage and work equipment & found my room (318) overlooking the fire pit, basketball court, pool view. My room was near the staircase leading to the rear of the complex and right across from the doorway to the lobby/gym/front desk area. The business center is the only thing that I think needs to be moved. I had to use the business area twice a day for work purposes and it is literally next to the front desk in the dining room on a high table. It is there for guest to print out boarding passes. I had to use it to plug in my work laptop & check email. It was never an inconvenience because my cord was long, but I always dreaded going down there in case people chose the table next to it & I may be in the way. During my stay there was work to the fire pit area, they were laying new concrete. The pool was nice, along with the Jacuzzi. People were always using it, but not overly crowded. The basketball court got a lot of use as well as the fitness center. If I were in the room when the ladies came to clean, I declined, and usually only had trash to give them. When my room was cleaned it was always a great job. They put the dishes in the dishwasher and tidied up my mess of things that I bought to have during my 10 day stay. If I had known they provided dinners through out the week I would not have brought anything. Each day the breakfast was set out on time with a variety of fruit, breads, eggs, waffles, French toast, potatoes, meats, & I believe the free dinners were Mon-Thursday. The menu is posted in the room. The meals also were served with wine, beer, soda, and water. I never utilized the dining area. I always took a grocery bag with me and made my plates to-go by covering them with an additional plate. I saved all of my per diem by eating the breakfast and dinners. They also had a popcorn machine, nightly cookies, and a container near the front entrance of ice cold lemon water. Each time I spoke to a person at the front desk they were extremely helpful. My rental car broke down twice while I was there and they were very helpful. I did experience other guest being extremely rude to a person at the front desk. The other guest was quite unreasonable. I was being assisted, the telephone rang & the clerk was dealing with the call (I had let her know I was in no rush because I was also using the business center to download something) I was standing at the counter and this rude guest comes up demanding a pool towel loudly while the clerk was speaking to someone on the phone. I believe the clerk handled the unreasonable person with a great deal of patience. I always witnessed staff cleaning, smiling, refilling the coffee, hot water containers, and generally just being helpful. I did not notice any strange things in my room. Upon entering on the first day, I inspect all pillows, pull back the blankets, spray the pillows, phones, remotes, toilets, door handles with my own Lysol just incase and I did not notice any strangeness. The hallways were very cold each time I entered them but I don't sleep in the hallways so that was not a concern. My refrigerator and dining area was clean, the carpet in the room was clean, my bed was comfortable, and everything in my room worked like it should. I spent 10 nights here and every time I spoke to co workers and friends who travel for business I raved about my great fortune. Also the proximity to restaurants and gas stations was perfect. The hotel is located right behind Macaroni Grill. I didn't dine there. You could walk to the gas station if you wanted to. The rooms have microwave popcorn and hot chocolate, you can get refills if you want. The refrigerator has an ice maker also. I enjoyed my stay and I am due to go back to this area in April and I look forward to staying here again. I will definitely ask for the same room. Actually once I know my travel dates I will call ahead and ask to have "my" room reserved. I also had packages delivered from my employer and I was always notified immediately of the delivery. Just a tip: In the past I have read negative reviews about a place where I had to stay due to someone else booking it & I took it upon myself to contact the hotel prior to my stay to advise them of the negative reviews and to express my concern about the issues. I believe hotels will take notice when you take the time to let them know about your displeasure in an appropriate way. Everyone wants to get their money's worth and businesses want happy customers. If you read a negative review, take a look at how many reviews the person has written, if the business has responded (some do not have someone to do this) and if you are set on staying at the place, contact them directly. It won't hurt, it should only help the situation. Safe travels & I hope my review was helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kira
Kira,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will be sure to pass on the feedback to my entire team. I am so happy to hear that we were able to provide such a pleasant stay. Let us know as soon as you want to reserve your next reservation and we will be sure to take care of you. Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Booked a two bedroom suite for my husband and I and my parents to share before leaving on our cruise the following day. Booking online claimed transport was included to the pier for all four of us round trip; however, upon the morning of our cruise, we were informed at the shuttle (which was over 45 minutes late) that we had only paid for two and only for ONE way. Needing to get the port and having had a stressful morning, we begrudgingly paid the driver directly. He failed to give us a receipt but we hoped in good faith they would uphold their end of the rather confusing bargain.
After our cruise, we waited another 45 minutes to be picked up at the pier after having made multiple attempts to get in contact with the front desk for transportation. That morning, the voicemail box was full, so it took almost a half hour to even get anyone on the line. We were picked up and taken back to the hotel, whereupon having already paid them a week earlier we went on our way. Not more than 15 minutes later, my father received a phone call from the hotel claiming the $10 in tip we had given was actually insufficient because they claimed we had never even paid for the return trip.
For $12/pp for a barely 10 mile trip, the services rendered by this hotel were totally unacceptable. Poor customer service (nothing like be argued with about whether you paid or not by a grown man) coupled with a frankly sub-par example of the Marriot brand will send us back to the Hampton Inn with its flamingo encrusted van and complementary service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lmnop6312
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Lmnop6312,

I am so sorry to hear that there was so much confusion with your transportation arrangements. I have already reached out to the transportation company about this inquiry. Punctuality is extremely important to me and I have clearly expressed my expectation. As far as the cruise package, this package includes shuttle service for up to two people from the Port Everglades. Additional people are twelve dollars each. Transportation to the port is not included with the package. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Again, I am sorry there was so much confusion. I hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust in the future.