“Would not stay here again”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Room was okay. Security was lacking at front desk and lobby areas. There were a few people in lobby who did not appear to be guests. In general, the area did not feel safe. When we checked in at the front desk there was a man hanging around the desk who clearly was not checking in and was bothersome to guests, standing right next to them talking gibberish while guests were waiting in line to check in. That evening we were advised by our credit card company that our credit card had been compromised. While this could have happened anywhere, we wondered if the man hanging around the front desk could have scanned our credit card number when we were checking in. We reported this to the front desk and the response was, yes, he's been hanging around here. My recommendation to Marriott management would be ask these people to leave, especially if they are hanging around the front desk where they have access to credit cards.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandmas
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Sandmas,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced while with us. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations, and for that I am disappointed we fell short. We hope that in the future you will allow us the opportunity to provide you the Marriott experience you have come to expect.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Really convenient for a couple of days before departing for a cruise, hotel has excellent prices, convenient location, all amenities (hot drinks, water available all day), fab pool area, great breakfast. The room is clean and has everything you need, it is not the Ritz Carlton,Four Seasons (where we have stayed in major cities) and the prices reflect that, but it is just as good. The sun loungers have been upgraded and comfortable. Only to do point is for the pool edge to be cleaned. The staff are great (Samantha Rosen, as wonderful as ever) and I would choose this over anywhere else when in Ft Lauderdale. Hopefully see you next year!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MCJJ999
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

MCJJ999,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will personally ensure Samantha receives recognition for her services!

Thank you again! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Last year we flew to F. Lauderdale Area to see my brother and his wife. Their were 4 of us(myself, my wife, sister, and her husband). Residence Inn offered a suite w/ two bedroom, two bath, common living room, kitchen, daily delivery of new towels etc. Our visit was not primarily beach oriented, so beach not a priority. The suite was excellent, close to everything, and surprisely close to the beach . We enjoyed it so much we returned again this year February 13-18. Again, visit was excellent. Weather was optimal so we took in the pool, drove to beach where parking was easy, and had a chance to see brother and his wife. The staff was very courteous, overall, unless you want to look at the ocean this is an excellent place. Situated well, complimentary full breakfast. Excellent place for a break from the bitter cold of the north.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thom5537
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

thom5537,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! It was a pleasure having you with us again! We hope there are many more visits in the future!

See you soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel was brilliant, very accessible by wheelchair. The accessible room was very spacious and roll-in-shower very well done. Restaurant very nice, food good. Location is very good too.
Lots of shops close by and very good restaurants close by too.

Room Tip: The whole hotel is in a quiet area so it doesn't make much difference which room you get.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pippa56
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Pippa56,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I just completed a 21 night stay, and spent over $3,300 at this Residence Inn. This property needs some serious attention. When I checked in on 1/27/14, I asked for an extra terry bath mat, an extra set of hand towels be in my room each day. I also requested one more waste basket. I had to ask for this for the next seven days. I spoke to the Housekeeper each day, I spoke to the Operations Manager, and Ashleigh Rohr, the GM. When it became a joke, I wrote a letter to Ashleigh Rohr, and she did not have the courtesy of even calling me to discuss my concerns. On three different days my room was not made up when I returned to the hotel after 3pm. No one at this hotel understands the Marriott Reward Program. I asked three times, three different people to help me, and no one ever got back to me. There is no communication between departments. The furniture in the room is old, the cabinets in the efficiency are old and worn. The property has a very tired look. By 8am, there were no newspapers left, I heard a guest ask at the front desk, and was told they did not order enough papers. The WiFi is great and the towels and big and fluffy. That's the best I can say about this property. This property has no right to be associated with Marriott. Its a disgrace to the Marriott name.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere other than this property.,
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nukker1
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your most recent visit.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We arrived 4am and they where nice to give us, a room, until our two room apt would be vacant. To our surprise, when we came back at 3pm, our room ( reservation ) was given to another family ! and we were offered 2 complimentary rooms (separate). But this was not what we wanted, we would like to spend our New Year's together. Finally on the 2nd day they managed to get us to our apt. Spacious but in need of a make up, the furniture and bathroom were old and outdated.
We made a reservation for 8 nights, and for 4 days our room wasn't cleaned !!!! they gave us 2 days for free, but that was not what we would like. The breakfast was good, but you have to arrive early, because what you see is what you get, ther is NO replacement ! The washer / dryer were broken. Will not come back, and I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ChrisRocha

ChrisRocha,

I am so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had during your New Year's trip. Please know that we have made several adjustments to our food & beverage schedule to better handle high demand mornings and have also purchased a new guest washer and dryer. If your travel ever brings you back to Plantation, please let me know so I can ensure your next visit goes perfectly.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have stayed at Residence Inn's at other locations and were generally satisfied. At this location, my daughter found many ants crawling around the stove top. We were given a room in the "second" building next to the mail hotel and the location was noisy. We were near the stairs and heard other guest conversations as they walked up the steps at all hours of the night. We did not address the issues with the front desk as we are generally not ones to complain, however they will not receive any future business from us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nbrown29

nbrown29,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you stay was less than perfect and that you left unsatisfied. Please know that we want nothing more than to provide the Marriott service you have come to expect. If at any time we are falling short of that, please let us know so we can improve it immediately to ensure your stay is perfect. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.