“Great Location and Staff!”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Florida
“Great Location and Staff!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here last night. Not familiar with the area, however the hotel sits back from the road and is actually very quiet. Close to Westfield Mall. I was promptly greeted in the lobby and given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. The property is one of the older Residence Inns, however very well maintained and clean. After we went to,the room, a young man knocked at our door and gave us a plate of warm fresh baked cookies and two bottled waters and told us we were the 'guest of the day'! I've never had such great treatment from any Marriott property, even when we've stayed at Ritz Carlton's! At breakfast the next morning, we were approached by three staff who asked if we needed anything! I hope the management of this property wins some kind of award, because their staff is incredible!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bocagrlz
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Bocagrlz,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback on your recent stay! You were a great guest of the day! :)

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I love staying at Residence Inn properties and this one definitely didnt let us down.
The price is very decent for South Florida, the amenities and size of the rooms are fantastic, and the staff was very welcoming.
This is a very safe area, from what I've observed, with a macaroni grill seconds fom the hotel, and a major mall a minute away.
Additionally the hotel's proximity to downtown Fort Lauderdale, the beaches, Sawgrass Mills, and Seminole Hard Rock means theres plenty of places to see nearby. Further out are Miami to the south (only 30 mins away) and Palm beach to the north (45 mins away)
Overall this a highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Uri-Kah
Uri-Kah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to you being our guest again soon!

Thank you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Not a fan of the smell or the manager who was very friendly with my spouse (when I wasn't present). Also, it would be nice if someone could get a handle on the noise and chaos in the hallways due to unruly guests and children.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Lo221
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Lo221,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay. I wanted to inform you that after reading your comment, I have contracted a professionally cleaning company to assist with coil and duct cleaning to ensure we are the cleanliest and freshest hotel. I have also addressed your other comments with my team and we are taking action.

Thank you again, I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while on vacation in South Florida. I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area and I was able to use a category 1-4 free night certificate. The hotel is in a good location, fairly close to I-595 but is quite a distance from the beach. Check in was welcoming and pleasant and I received a thoughtful welcome gift as a Silver Elite Member, where this hotel fails is in its facilities, the hallways have a distinct smell and the rooms are not much better. The beds and pillows were also well worn and in need of replacement. Another issue was the dreadful internet speed at the business center. I was going to two Marlins games and needed to print parking passes, a process that normally takes less than 5 minutes took 15+ due to the speed of the connection and a printer issue which I had to assist the staff member with. The hotel does offer free breakfast but it is mediocre at best. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay over such as before/after a cruise but the facilities are not comfortable enough for the long term stays Residence Inn's are meant for.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrc209
mrc209,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disapointed to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations, as that is always our goal. I have addressed your comments with my team and we are currently taking action on all shortcomings.

I know that we can provide the Marriott service you have come to expect and hope that you will allow us that opportunity in the future.
Kenmore, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We usually come to Fort Lauderdale to cruise and we have tried out different hotels. This is the best one. The prices are great, you get a nice free breakfast, free internet, free dinner/evening social during certain weekdays, great location near shopping( mall across the street, swap meet nearby) a pool and hot tub, and free parking.
I have to say this hotel won me over with their hospitality. I just got off the cruise ship and I was horribly sick. We showed up at 10:45am and Rachel greeted me. I asked her if there was any way I could check in early because I was so sick. She didn't hesitate and gave us a room early. We did have reservations and we are rewards members, but not a high rewards member. Rachel and this hotel were life savers for letting me check in early and I am incredibly grateful. This hotel and Marriott won me over. My six year old son kept saying how much he loved the hotel. My husband said we will never stay at a different hotel again because this one is the best. The rooms are huge, the kitchen is great, and house keeper is super friendly too. My son used the pool and he loved it.
I will say I am a picky hotel reviewer, but this place is top notch. I loved it.
You can shop around for hotels and trust me I have compared them all down to each thing they offer and price. The closer you get to the cruise terminal the more you pay and the less amenities you get. This place has it all for the same price. I know a free shuttle to the cruise terminal sounds great, but I promise staying here is better.

My only suggestion for the hotel is please put a small garbage can in the bedroom of studio queen rooms.

A little tip: when you get off the cruise ship, there is a free shuttle at the cruise terminal to take you to the airport to pick up a rental car. The shuttle is free for those getting rental cars.
There is also a drive in movie theatre close to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 677Erin
677Erin,

Thank you very much for your comments. Your feedback made me smile and I have already shared it with my team. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit. I am looking into those additional trash bins currently, thank you for the suggestion.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Glen ellyn
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Gold members beware, they don't care! Walked in, not one of the two women spoke. Finally after 60 seconds (too long for acknowledgement) one women Sarah Wendt, told the other to handle me. She did, poorly no, thank you for being a valued member. Just keys and a box with 3 Easter chocolate eggs. I waited a moment when I saw another professional looking woman, asked her what time the restaurant they share a parking lot with opened she said she didn't know. Well FYI macaroni grill opens at 11 and they have lunch menu until 4. The only person that spoke unsolicited was
Mavis with house keeping. Guess who won't be back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mhvmk
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Mhvmk,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your most recent stay. It's very dissapointing to hear that we fell short of exceeding your expecations. I will use your feedback to improve my team and the hotel. I hope in the future you will try us again.

Thank you again. We look forward to your return.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here prior to cruising out of FLL, and enjoyed it immensely. Only 10 min to cruiseport, and just off I-595, it is conveniently located. Can walk to Catholic Church which is next door. Serves up a great breakfast, plus rooms are fresh & newly decorated. Towels are plush, as well. Check in was very fast.

Room Tip: Top floor is quietest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken M
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Ken M,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It's great hearing that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit again soon!