“Excellent stay”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived after midnight and was greeted by the most friendly front desk person. She arranged it so my group of 8 family members had two rooms next to each other and couldn't have been more congenial. The rooms were perfect. And the breakfast the next morning was wonderful. I would definitely choose this hotel again if staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aj W
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Aj W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Residence Inn Plantation. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Noticed that extreme dust deposits and other debris were on the ceiling after being there for a couple of nights. The Manager did not seem too concerned, the housekeeper was surprised to see the dust and the centipede like critter I caught crawling through the room. They cleaned and sprayed for insects. Left the next day with what felt like the beginning of a sore throat, went away after home for a day. So, it was either the dust or the insecticide that bothered me.

The food at breakfast is generic Marriott morning food, no frills, no extra's. Have seen the same food for the last three years of staying at residence inns.

The evening fare was even more scarce, and basic. Not one of their better establishments, actually stayed the next week at a Marriott Courtyard to skip the meals and reduce the price.

Room Tip: Check them top to bottom before settling in.
Green Features: Who cares. They have the mercury containing CFL's from China in every fixture, they implore you to hang your towel and not have it laundered, etc. It is that ball of fire in the sky that controls all of the Earth's weather, nothing more nothing less.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
ValricoJoe,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear your stay was less than perfect and we fell short in areas. I will use your feedback to improve our service and facility.

Thank you again, I hope in the future you will give us the opportunity to win back your loyalty.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The location is great, close to a mall, minutes from the beach and Sawgrass Mills outlet mall. Room was large, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The most impressive feature of this hotel is it's housekeeping staff- they are the most friendly, helpful, polite , people in the hotel. " It's my pleasure" is their catch phrase and they really mean it. The breakfast buffet is delicious with both healthy and decadent options and the breakfast area is large and comfortable and everything is kept clean and stocked. Great pool. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shellyfrom1970
Shellyfrom1970,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass on your recognition for our housekeeping team! Thank you for being our guest, we look forward to your return! :)
Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here last night. Not familiar with the area, however the hotel sits back from the road and is actually very quiet. Close to Westfield Mall. I was promptly greeted in the lobby and given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. The property is one of the older Residence Inns, however very well maintained and clean. After we went to,the room, a young man knocked at our door and gave us a plate of warm fresh baked cookies and two bottled waters and told us we were the 'guest of the day'! I've never had such great treatment from any Marriott property, even when we've stayed at Ritz Carlton's! At breakfast the next morning, we were approached by three staff who asked if we needed anything! I hope the management of this property wins some kind of award, because their staff is incredible!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bocagrlz
Bocagrlz,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback on your recent stay! You were a great guest of the day! :)

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you.
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I love staying at Residence Inn properties and this one definitely didnt let us down.
The price is very decent for South Florida, the amenities and size of the rooms are fantastic, and the staff was very welcoming.
This is a very safe area, from what I've observed, with a macaroni grill seconds fom the hotel, and a major mall a minute away.
Additionally the hotel's proximity to downtown Fort Lauderdale, the beaches, Sawgrass Mills, and Seminole Hard Rock means theres plenty of places to see nearby. Further out are Miami to the south (only 30 mins away) and Palm beach to the north (45 mins away)
Overall this a highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Uri-Kah
Uri-Kah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to you being our guest again soon!

Thank you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Not a fan of the smell or the manager who was very friendly with my spouse (when I wasn't present). Also, it would be nice if someone could get a handle on the noise and chaos in the hallways due to unruly guests and children.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Lo221
Ashleigh R, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Lo221,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay. I wanted to inform you that after reading your comment, I have contracted a professionally cleaning company to assist with coil and duct cleaning to ensure we are the cleanliest and freshest hotel. I have also addressed your other comments with my team and we are taking action.

Thank you again, I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while on vacation in South Florida. I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area and I was able to use a category 1-4 free night certificate. The hotel is in a good location, fairly close to I-595 but is quite a distance from the beach. Check in was welcoming and pleasant and I received a thoughtful welcome gift as a Silver Elite Member, where this hotel fails is in its facilities, the hallways have a distinct smell and the rooms are not much better. The beds and pillows were also well worn and in need of replacement. Another issue was the dreadful internet speed at the business center. I was going to two Marlins games and needed to print parking passes, a process that normally takes less than 5 minutes took 15+ due to the speed of the connection and a printer issue which I had to assist the staff member with. The hotel does offer free breakfast but it is mediocre at best. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay over such as before/after a cruise but the facilities are not comfortable enough for the long term stays Residence Inn's are meant for.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrc209
mrc209,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disapointed to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations, as that is always our goal. I have addressed your comments with my team and we are currently taking action on all shortcomings.

I know that we can provide the Marriott service you have come to expect and hope that you will allow us that opportunity in the future.