La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Sorrento, Florida
“Hit or Miss?”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed here for one night while competing at a horse show at the Plantation Acres Equestrian Center. It is a 15-20 minute drive from the complex, only 6 miles away but, too much time & traffic involved. Next time, we will select a different location.

When we first checked in they gave us room 201. It was dingy and reaked of smoke (although our reservation was clearly marked non-smoking), we checked in around 3:30 so fortunately, they still had another room available that they could transfer us into. The second room was better. The first floor aroma is much better than the second. The king size rooms were spacious & a much better cleanliness quotient than the dive they tried to stick us in on the second floor.

The double door in the bathroom did not close completely but, not a big deal since it was just the two of us. Nice little mini-fridge too. They only left 1 coffee condiment pack in the room, which was opened. Fortunately, the had the coffee brewing by the time we made it to the lobby for breakfast. Breakfast was okay, the typical spread of muffins, bagels, cereals. Several people were utilizing the waffle maker, they did offer apples, oranges, and yogurts as well.

It's a shame they tried to put us in that second floor room to begin with. Had we been placed in the one we were happy with on the 1st floor to begin with, we would have given them a higher rating. I would not stay at this property again because I would be leary of the room quality that may be provided.

Room Tip: Room 128 is a king size & spacious. Only downfall was when the garbage truck arrived early in t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Stockbridge, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We were at home for a funeral and as always, the LaQuinta at Peters Road, Plantation is always on top of things. The prices were just right. All of the staff make you feel welcome and they are truly available when you need them. The breakfast area is always kept clean and stocked! The rooms are cozy and feel like home. Great hotel to stay in, easy access to the interstate. This LaQuinta location is always our famiy's first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Tampa, FL
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This hotel is located near shopping and many business locations. They are very close to the IRS, American Express travel, shopping and dining. The hotel outer appearance is very clean. The main lobby is clean. The rooms needs some improvements.

I called the night before and I advised that I will be arriving relatively late and I am traveling with a newborn (3 weeks old) and toddler and we need adjoining rooms or rooms very close by. When I arrived they told me that the rooms were two doors apart. NOT cool. Imagine having to split up the adults amongst the small children. The rooms are dirty. Housekeeping just gives a good visual cleaning. There were hairs all over the tubs. The flat surfaces were sticky. There were ants that bit the newborn. The beds were terrible! They were so soft that I woke up in the middle of the night in PAIN. They didn't even leave an extra set of sheets in the room. I had to divide up what was left on the bed to cover up the pull out.

There were updating the rooms, so there was a lot of noise. I was very understanding of the hammering and updating associated sounds but it doesn't mean that housekeeping should take forever. Someone didn't come until mid to late afternoon. Trash was piling up in the hallway and sometimes would sit there until the evening. By the time housekeeping came for the 4 nights we were there, it was so late that they didn't clean the room because of the timing. They would drop off supplies and a new set of sheets.-

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank THLe
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I make a few trips to the area every year and this is my favorite budget hotel. The property is clean and I always feel safe. Experience with the staff has always been warm and helpful. The rooms are generally clean and breakfast is generally okay. I would recommend this property to business travelers, families, or even for just a quick getaway.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed here for the week-end I was celebrating my birthday. I contemplated between the 6th street location and this (PETERS RD.) glad I chose this one. It was very peaceful here and the bed was super cozy. The only problem I had was with the mini refrigerator. It did not cool things the way I expected. Other than that, It was superb. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. Will certainly go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

1 Thank Pamela R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Have staywed at several LQs in the area and this is by far one of the best- friendly staff, clean all around . Only draw back at this time is all the construction on 595 makes it difficult to get to some places BUT that is not the hotels fault.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family