La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel earlier this year in March. I should have did this review LONG before now. The hotel is in a nice location where it is peaceful and not a lot going at its location. If you want a hotel in a quit location, this is the hotel for you. I found the staff to be nice and friendly. Kim the general manager is WONDERFUL!! I had a 1 bedroom suite as we had 3 adults. I found this suite to be just fine to accomodate 3 adults. It had a queen (I think it was a queen) bed and a pullout sofa. We also got an extra roll-away bed which made it kinda tight, but it was OK for us. The free breakfast was nice and adequate. The pool and outdoor area is nice and great to relax. Computer/internet access was fine in the lobby. Some/most of the housekeepers that clean the rooms don't speak english that great, so be patient and talk to the front desk if there are any concerns to be sure they get handled. We had a small issue with how the bathroom was cleaned and I talked to the front desk and they addressed it. When I booked the hotel, I didn't pay attention to the fact that this hotel allows pets. I would NOT have booked it had I saw that. My fault.There were some dogs and some dog poop outside by the side entrance, but it wasn't a major problem like I thought it would have been. We felt safe and had no issues with parking our rental car. No charge for parking the car which we liked. There are plenty of restuarants, stores and shopping in the general area of the hotel so the location is fine. We attended the Jazz in the Gardens concerts at Sunlife stadium. The hotel was close enough to the stadium where the drive wasn't an issue at all. The hotel is clean and well maintained. I would say this hotel is great for families because of the free breakfast and couples because of the peacefulness of the location. This hotel is not a 5 star luxury place, but certainly not a 2 star motel dump. A nice hotel for the money.

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 people, get a suite. Remember, you can ask for a roll-away bed if needed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at this LaQuinta for two nights for a local wedding. Our stay was average, the staff was friendly, and the room was clean. We disliked the double beds, the lack of fridge (you can request one, however, there is ONLY one. So if someone else in another room has it, you are out of luck.), and the breakfast. The breakfast was your typical run of the mill continental and left much to be desired. Unless you want to have dry cereal and waffles, you should skip it and go out to eat. There are plenty of options on University Dr. Overall, it's worth a stop over for price and location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a good clean motel with a pretty good breakfast. The beds are comfortable and the staff tries to please. We were missing towels but the staff was quick to correct the mistake. The price was good for this South Florida location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family and I checked in to our rooms which smelled like old smoke and animal urine, saw two bugs and left for the Sheridan up the street. Will NEVER stay at a La Quinta again. Repulsive.

Our one positive was the front staff was a very nice woman who did her job well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelintherain
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Im currently staying here. The beds are comfy, breakfast is sufficicient, room is spotless and clean, pool is open late, nice big gym. I'll stay here again.

The only con, my 2 double bed room doesnt have a fridge and microwave. But there is a microwave available 24/7 in the breakfast/dining area by the lobby.

Best La Quinta I've seen by far.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have never been to a hotel where checking in and checking out was such a breeze! The staff was great and made everything so easy. The breakfast was awesome offering fresh hot waffles....yummy! Also this is the first breakfast from any hotel that I have ever stayed at where they constantly replenish the breakfast area so all guests get a chance to choose from everything they offer. With great offerings like hard boiled eggs, muffins, yogurt, bagels and so much more, I can't tell you what a happy girl I was when I arrived at the breakfast area! They even have fresh brewed coffee available in the lobby 24/7....awesome! The rooms were very clean and beautiful. The laundry room's washer and dryer worked great and they even had soap available to purchase at the front desk which really made it easy for me. I think management should be praised. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MissHospitality305
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Check in was smooth and the lobby was clean. Our room looked clean as well. The 1st night was awefully hot! We had a hard time getting the room to cool enjoy to be comfortable. I think its because the hall way is not air conditioned or at least doesn't feel like it is. Then that 1st morning I found a roach in the bathroom. Not a great way to wake up. I informed the staff and they did have someone come up and spray the room. Thank you! But eating there was just not possible after that :/ . I guess it must happen everywhere at some point but ... ewww.

• Stayed: July 2013