“Not very pleased with this one!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Herndon, Virginia
“Not very pleased with this one!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Other La Quintas we stayed at were excellent, but this one fell far below that. The room was old and run down. I walked barefoot down the hall to get some ice and my feet were dirty when I returned to the room. The carpet in our room had stains on it. I'm not a fan of double doors for the bathroom, especially since there is a gap between the doors. Not very private. This facility would be pretty nice with new carpeting, new paint, and a little upgrades to the rooms. On a positive note, the staff was very nice and helpful. But for obvious reasons, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MTarallo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had to stay two days for business in Miami and most of the hotels were full, I ended in this La Quinta in Ft. Lauderdales and it was a very nice surprise, both the hotel and the location. I cannot speak about the price since I paid with my La Quinta points.

1 Thank Osvaldo N
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is becoming shop worn and over due for a complete upgrade. The only thing upgraded in the past 7 years has been the television. Mattresses are too soft and for some unknown reason in Florida we do not need heavy comforters. On arrival they were cleaning and disinfecting the lobby and food area. They also shut down the elevator for the same reason. I have used this hotel several times and considered it to be one of the better locations in the chain but after not staying there for 18 months I thought I'd save a couple of dollars and stayed one more time. I should've spent the extra for a Marriott property.

Plantation, FL
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Good hotel except for Internet, which was abysmal. I was staying for business. The hotel and room was clean but Internet access was awful. Too tired to have to deal with it but I had work I could not finish.

Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Looking at the other Trip Advisor reviews for this place, you either love it or hate it. My stay was fine. The bathroom sink pipes did squeal a bit. The free breakfast uses lots of styrofoam. It's a little tricky finding the entrance from the highway. For a hotel in a highly trafficked tourist area, it was fine.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for one nite only and was glad I didn't need to stay there longer. The room I've had was not vacuumed well after previous guest as I noticed thick pet hair all over the carpet. Internet was not working at all and my cell phone was hardly getting any signal in the room. There was no power outlets I could use located near the bed but office desk across had few integrated in it. However I liked high celling and the bed itself was comfortable. I also found that it was overpriced.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The pricing was ok when it was booked. Upon arrival, I found the inside of hotel to be run down and needed updating. There was a smell of must through out. The bathroom had black mold and soap scum on the tub. Pet's galore with owners allowing pest to urinate in the elevators and do their business with out pick up right outside the back door. The breakfast was ok for the price. I would not stay here or recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends