“It was a last minute booking!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I needed a last minute place to stay in ft lauderdale. Since I had an excellent experience less than two weeks ago , I booked this hotel again for an overnighter. This time however, the room we checked into did not smell too great. It smelled like body odor... After airing the room out, it didn't smell too bad. It was late when we checked in so I didn't want to go through the trouble of calling for help. Room size very good, bedding and pillows were very comfortable!!! room overlooked where we parked! internet connection worked great, but I believe there is no business center: no computer in lobby for guests to use. Pros: front desk very nice, hot breakfast buffet was very enjoyable ! Parking is free and easy access to lobby . Did not have time again to utilize pool n fitness center. Will try on next visit!! Location is great -- close to my
daughter's college, grocery store, shopping mall .

• Stayed: August 2013
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for continuing to stay with us. Just so you know, we do have a Business Center that
is complimentary. You can print your boarding pass for free. Again, thanks for being our guest.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed with my family for 1 nigth on June 7th. When we arrived we had a voucher prepaid with logitravel for a suite, the person at the reception didn't find on the computer our recervation but told us that Was not a problem and sent us in a normal Room (not a suite) we were tired and we went to sleep. The day after we left and now after a month The hotel debit my credit card for the nigth fare.....so I payed a double fare one at logitravel and the second time at the hotel because probabile then didn't find my recervation.......but then didn't Say me that in the hotel...i left my card only for the extra......this is note nice! I will not be' an holiday inn express client!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gigio_Invictus
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for writing us. I do regret your circumstances. As you mentioned you did arrive at our hotel to check in. The Desk Clerk did mention that she could not find your reservation but that we would be happy to accommodate you.

Your Travel Agent booked your reservation thru a Wholesaler, Tourico Holiday. We attempted to get payment from them for your stay. Tourico refused to reimburse us for your stay, stating that you were supposed to stay in a hotel in Miami which is 35 miles away. This left us with no further option but to charge you directly for your one night's stay.

Tourico would not release any further information to us. If you wish to contact me directly, I would be happy to assist you in contacting both your Travel Agent and Tourico to find a resolution to this problem.

Please feel free to contact me at gm@expressplantation.com

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My experience in this hotel was very awful. Checked in at the hotel late at night, arriving from a long drive and all I just wanted was a comfortable and clean bed to take some rest. The sheets and blankets on the bed were dirty when we checked in, so they moved us to another room. Staff in charge of cleaning the rooms is not doing their job well. My suggestion for the managers is to hire some experienced staff to do that job.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank capv_pintoval

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I want to apologize to you for the negative experience that you were subjected to upon your arrival.

It is rare that I hear about a housekeeping issue. Please be assured that I have looked into this matter with our Executive Housekeeper and it has been addressed with all parties concerned.

It is my hope that if you are in the area again that you will allow us another opportunity to prove worthy of our name.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The good. Had a junior suite. The room was spacious and clean. The fold out coach did its duty and we were generally happy. The staff was nice and when we ran out of towels they were promptly delivered.

The bad. The breakfast is poor, I have a 16 year old son that will eat anything and everything and he couldn't eat the eggs, the french toast was frozen, and the cinnamon buns were ice cold. The odd thing is even with the microwave, the buns were still bad. This repeated 2 days in a row before we decided to have breakfast out. So paying the extra for the room to get breakfast didn't pay off.

Room Tip: Limited parking in the front but plenty of room in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Don C
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Guest;

thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I do want to begin by apologizing for the negative experience with Breakfast. I do have a new team member in Breakfast and will be following up to ensure that we are putting out a good breakfast every day. I am happy to hear that everything else was satisfactory.

Hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very clean and conveniently located. Best continental breakfast behind Hilton Garden Inn. Friendly staff. Pool could be a little cleaner....lots of small leaves from the shade trees. Could use a microwave to go with the mini fridge. Bed, pillows, and arm chair could be more comfortable. After a week, I really miss my mattress. The lamps built into the bed are great for reading. LG flatscreen was great with great sound. Rooms are soundproofed. I could not hear my neighbors or the elevator.

I would recommend this hotel. Great deal.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction.
Please come again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Yes, here we are back in the Plantation/Sunrise part of Florida, for another family visit. After the Hyatt debacle of last month, when we decamped to this hotel, we booked again at the Holiday Inn Express,and Suites Plantation and are just as pleased the third time (we were here last summer, too.) The front desk staff is especially polite and helpful, the whole facility very clean, with a nice, free breakfast. I recommend the one-bedroom King Suite: spacious, quiet, with small fridge and microwave, and a balcony. Of all the hotels and motels in area, this is the best choice, for price, service and amenities.

Room Tip: King suite/one bedroom, upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest;

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
It is a pleasure to have visitors from South America.

We know you have a choice and we thank you for being
our guest.

Viva Brazil !

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was on a short 3 day stay in Florida which had me moving between Fort Lauderdale and Miami. The front desk was great with everything I needed. Room service was very helpful. The pool, terrace and fitness center were excellent too.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for being our guest. We are happy to hear that you found everything
to your liking. Please come back soon and recommend us to your friends.

Armando Valdes, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Address: 1701 N University Dr, Plantation, FL 33322-4108
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Plantation
#4 Family Hotel in Plantation
#7 Business Hotel in Plantation
Price Range: £85 - £159 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation 3*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plantation is set in a beautiful tropical environment, just minutes from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall, Sawgrass Corporate Park, the Bank Atlantic Center and only minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel is adjacent to the regional headquarters of Motorola, and within minutes of major offices for the following corporations: Nortel, American Express, Bell South, Nova SE University and the Sawgrass Corporate Park. We're just six miles west of Ft. Lauderdale in the flourishing Plantation area, less than 4 miles from Sawgrass Mills Mall and within twenty five minutes of the beach, Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Museum of Discovery and Science, Dolphin Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall (3 miles), Broward Mall (2 miles), Bank Atlantic Center (4 miles) and Broward Performing Arts Center. Visit Plantation, FL and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation