Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The minute I checked-in there was only one out of two rooms ready when I requested an early check-in. The gentleman decided to take my credit card information for both rooms where He insisted that the second room would be ready after three pm and I would just have to pick-up my room key from the front desk. I arrived back to the hotel at 9pm and the Concierge (lady,red skin,solid built, & tall) was so rude. I told her I was there earlier and just came to pick-up my additional key. She replied, I'm going to need your credit card because I didn't deal with you earlier and you can't give you the room key until you sign the reg. card; again after I insisted that I already completed both cards. She was so rude with every reply. I stayed to the resort for five nights and will not return. When I needed towels for the pool the concierge gave me small bleached out faded towels, the concierge are never willing to assist. The only person who accommodated me during my stay was Abi. Abi granted a late checkout for me and was so pleasant. Abi was awesome!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Channi L
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with
our Front Desk. It is through comments such as your that we can better build on our service goals and measure our performance. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I choose this hotel because of getting it with IHG points and because of the location: wanted to visit Sawgrass Mills and attend a Panthers game as well as arrive easily to our cruise at Port Everglades. I also wanted a hotel with free wifi, free parking and free breakfast. At Holiday Inn Plantation I got it all - with the extra of fridge in the room, pool (which i had not realized there is when booking) and very very very comfortable bed. My only complaint would be the door at the room - it was not noise proof. So we woke up one night when a staff member was obviously delivering account detail letters for speed checkout. He got a call and desided to stand just behind our door to talk to his phone at 5 am!
Elevator really looked like it needed a refurbish which evidently is on its way.
Service at front desk was exceptionally good: we had actually 2 bookings since they were done by reward points. They sorted it quickly so that we would keep the same room for both nights.
Breakfast was fine (little bit sweet to a Scandinavian) offering toast, yoghurt, pastries, pancakes, juice, coffee, cereals. Plastic & paper cups and utensiles, no china - but who cares since it is complimentary. My husband missed cheese - as there was only creamcheese available.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for stay ing with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time
with us. I will have a little conversation with our security guard. It is through
comments such as yours that we can measure our services.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Breakfast included everything that we wanted/needed and served to 10 am on Sunday to accommodate everyone who was waiting. Fitness room was a nice size and had 2 treadmills, cycle and elliptical. Room was big and looked like it was recently renovated. Location was within a few miles of the fabulous Sawgrass Shopping Mall and Ft Lauderdale Airport. If we are ever in this area we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
please come again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We got to this hotel due Staybridge Suites forced us to move our reservation to this hotel. Room was big but AC nosy. We had 5 persons but room did not had all stuff for 5 available (like towels, blanket etc). Quite disappointing after 24 hours of traveling. Anyhow rather quiet area. Breakfast was better that average in Holiday Inn Express hotels as more salty/fruity choices available. Parking lot was big enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear plfin,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the positive remarks on our parking lot and breakfast selection that was served. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and we are truly sorry we did not manage this on this day. Allow us to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had with the room accommodation and loud air conditioning unit. Your feedback will help us improve our services and offer a great experience for our guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel met our need for a weekend trip to spend time with family due to a death in our family. The hotel was clean and the front desk staff was kind. We forgot to tell them when we checked in that we needed a room with two beds. They quickly found us the room we needed with no problem. We loved the location because it was easy to find and all of the stores we liked were within a quick driving distance. The breakfast was enough to get us going in order to drive back home. The dining area was very clean, spacious and had places were you could sit and plug in your laptop or maybe charge your cell phone. Again, the hotel met our need of what we needed it for.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamara143
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying with us. We're glad to hear that everything was satisfactory. We were
wondering if there was anything that we could have done better to maybe have gotten a higher score.

Please do come back and see us again soon.

gm@expressplantation.com

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pros:
Clean & comfortable room
Good breakfast
Reliable internet service
Good amenities: access to printer, scales to weigh luggage, vending machine

Cons:
Access to the front desk - There were occasions when I was unable to reach the front desk and had to walk downstairs.
Hospitality & warmness of staff

Location: Ours was a shopping trip, with little time for much else so:
Sawgrass Mills Mall - ~ a 10-minute drive
Rooms to Go & Ashley's, Walmart & Home Depot - all closeby

My husband and I spent five (5) days in Miami (including travel days) to get some shopping done. The trip was short and the schedule was tight, so I knew we only needed somewhere to rest our heads at night as we were out all day. Booking a room at this hotel though, offered us a lot more than just a place to rest our heads at night:
- The room was clean and comfortable.
- The staff were helpful enough, could have been a bit more friendly though.
- The internet service was reliable. We got internet access our whole stay.
- Breakfast offered adequate options, and was filling and tasty. It provided such a good start to the day, my husband and I were able to shop for hours, only stopping to eat again in the late evening.
- The hotel amenities were also adequate.

I think I would be staying here on all our shopping trips. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends travelling to Miami.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was used to Holiday Inn Express being your average tourist hotel. This place is more like a resort hotel. The room was large and well appointed. The walk-in shower was beautifully tiled and huge. Perfect water pressure and temperature control. The breakfast was the usual buffet items with make it yourself pancakes as a special item. The dining area was roomy with quality furniture. It is a bit off the airport area but well worth the shuttle ride to a less industrial and quieter area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Address: 1701 N University Dr, Plantation, FL 33322-4108
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Plantation
#4 Family Hotel in Plantation
#7 Business Hotel in Plantation
Price Range: £111 - £168 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation 3*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plantation is set in a beautiful tropical environment, just minutes from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall, Sawgrass Corporate Park, the Bank Atlantic Center and only minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel is adjacent to the regional headquarters of Motorola, and within minutes of major offices for the following corporations: Nortel, American Express, Bell South, Nova SE University and the Sawgrass Corporate Park. We're just six miles west of Ft. Lauderdale in the flourishing Plantation area, less than 4 miles from Sawgrass Mills Mall and within twenty five minutes of the beach, Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Museum of Discovery and Science, Dolphin Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall (3 miles), Broward Mall (2 miles), Bank Atlantic Center (4 miles) and Broward Performing Arts Center. Visit Plantation, FL and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation