“The best kept secret in town”

Koume Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 237 Restaurants in Plantation
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Plantation, Florida
“The best kept secret in town”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Hidden away in a shopping center this is the best , inexpensive, high quality japanese food you can find . Great service with big smiles and a welcome from the owner to each and every visitor. A place well worth looking for.

• Visited February 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi around”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My husband and I go to Kuome about once a month. We always feel very welcome, receive excellent service and the sushi is the best we have found out West. A place to check out if in the area and wanting sushi!

Miami, Florida
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This was a very dissapointing night. A sign of a good restaurant isn't just consistently good food but how they handle themselves when things aren't right. When my meal came, I tasted the shrimp and it was over cooked and very bland. The waitress ignored my attempts to get her attention. When I finally got her to come over to my table and informed her about the shrimp she took the shrimp backto the kitchen. After a while, she came back with the same overlooked shrimp and I noticed that they had poured a sauce over the shrimp to mask the bland taste. She didn't care when I told her I was disappointed with the meal only saying thank you to everything I said as if she had suddenly forgotten how to speak English. I ended up paying 17.00 for a small portion of vegetables and rice. Again when I mentioned the price I was asked to pay for for what I ate she just kept saying thank you. What a joke. I eat out three to four nights for work so I know about good service and ths place didn't even come close.

• Visited November 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best local sushi place ever! Favorite spot for a sit down or take out. Owner Toshi welcomes guests with a smile and...”
Reviewed 31 January 2009

Best local sushi place ever! Favorite spot for a sit down or take out. Owner Toshi welcomes guests with a smile and friendly "how are you". Sushi is the freshest ever. Staff is attentive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook