“Great place sad to see it closed!”
Review of Fantasy of Flight

Fantasy of Flight
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Polk City
More attraction details
Owner description: Central Florida's premier aviation attraction. More than 100 rare vintage aircraft, themed immersion experiences, flight simulators, interactive exhibits, tram tour of aircraft maintenance areas, restoration and back lot tours and daily aerial demonstration (weather permitting). Audio tours, Biplane Rides are also available. Wing WalkAir A thrilling outdoor attraction featuring a 600-foot zip line suspended four stories above water and a three-level ropes course complete with 33 midair challenges to be performed while tethered to an overhead line at heights of up to 45 feet.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place sad to see it closed!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My experience with FOF started my junior year of high school 1998 what an awesome summer job! I learned so much about WWI and II aircraft. For me having the privilege of listening to veterans of those wars were amazing. I'll never forget a gentleman who came in and had seen a corsair for the first time since the war (he was shot down). He broke down in tears normally guests don't get too close to that plane but we allowed him to place his hands on one for one last time (he had cancer). Gave me a new respect for the greatest generation.
Food there was great pretty sure I had an egg salad sandwich everyday and a milkshake (they were the best). I've taken friends on several occasions and was getting ready to buy my best friend tickets for his birthday we had been talking about it for a year only to find out they are closed. :(

Visited October 2013
3 Thank toogoofy

Fleet, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unable to re-visit”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a great shame, really good attraction, really enjoyed previous visits but now it's doors are closed to the public...

Visited May 2014
3 Thank JohnDobson_UK
Dwight
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Entertaining and educational, a break from the mouse”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have visited this attraction a number of times when driving through central Florida. Last year we stayed locally in Lakeland so that we could visit Fantasy of Flight on our way through to the gulf coast, hoping to see a rare example of one of the last flying Mosquito,s in existence.(missed it! they had moved it when we arrived).
A number of other rare planes including the Short Sunderland are on display and you can (or could) get to walk amongst them. One of the exhibits would be taken out for a flight during the day and you could actually pay to go up yourself as a passenger in one of the other vintage planes or just use the Zip line near the hangers.
It was also possible to go on tours of the facility to see work in progress and visit other areas of interest. With a gift shop and restaurant situated in the 1930s style terminal building it was a complete attraction.It is sad that it is no longer open on a regular basis as it also gave employment to an number of informed and talented people. I can understand Kermits aim to create a niche market, especially in central Florida. Lets hope that his ideas of building a niche don,t turn into building a mausoleum. I wish you well.

Visited November 2013
Orlando, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good history lesson on flight”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We saw in the paper that it would be closing down for about two years to remodel and expand.Had a great time and even got to talk to Kermit. He has an vision about flight and the resources to build it the way he wants to present it. Will be looking to visit again in about two years.

Visited March 2014
Dorking, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Prior visit excellent but big disappointment due to closure!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have to be honest, I have not a bad word to say about the fantasy of flight museum based on previous experience. We have visited this attraction once before in 2008 and were absolutely blown away, spent almost the entire day thee and loved every single minute of it. Being one half of an aircraft enthusiast this place is like a dream come true - all credit to Mr Weeks for bringing together such an incredible and passionate display of fantastic quality aircraft.
Now to the disappointment - following our amazing trip in 2008 I arranged a surprise birthday trip for my partner, this was completely based around visiting Orlando and fantasy of flight before then moving on to other destinations throughout America. I booked my trip in October 2013 and was so excited to re-visit. I had been checking in on the fof website however did not read the update made that on the 6th April the museum was to close. We arrived at the museum on the 23rd April to closed and locked gates! Gutted.
We have been led to believe that Mr Weeks decided to close following the disappointment of lack of visitors - plans are underway to revamp and re- open but in the meantime remains open for private events only.
Please please please Mr Weeks re- open soon!!

Visited April 2014