“So Much For So Little”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morriston
Ireland
“So Much For So Little”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was my first time staying in any Premier Inn. I've seen the adverts on TV and thought they looked nice and as I was in the UK on business for a few days I decided to try one. The cost of the room was £29 so to be honest, I had pre-concieved ideas and wasn't expecting too much. I figured that as long as it was clean I could handle it.

However, from the lovely welcome I got at reception to the moment I left I was very impressed. The location is outside the city centre of Swansea and that suited me. I also thought that maybe being outside town it might be a little quieter - it was. There was plenty of parking which was free, The room was spacious and very clean. Anyone who has read any of my reviews knows that I always check for worn or tatty furniture of fixtures but the decor in the hotel was excellent (see the attached pictures).

the bed was very comfortable. They did advertise 4 different types of pillow but I couldn't find too much difference between any of them. The bathroom was spotless and modern. The room was quiet - although I do know that there were other rooms in the vicinity which were also in use. I had a great nights sleep and left early the following morning. I didn't have breakfast.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
SwanseaNorth, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Swansea North Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room quiet, spacious, clean and comfortable. We are very pleased to hear that our staff impressed you, they really do go that extra mile when it comes to our customers. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in May, it was very hot in the room at this time. All we got was a little fan which didn't make any difference. In the end the staff gave us a free night which was included in the good night sleep guarantee, this was very good but it didn't really reslove the problem.
Other than that it was a nice, comfy stay with no noise what so ever.
Will be staying here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank herdandyw0lf
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised have been fully investigated and we will take steps in the future to reduce as much as possible the heat in the rooms during the summer period. Thank you once again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We recently stayed at the premier inn for 5 days over half term and for my daughters birthday also. The day before we left home I received an email telling me all about the facilities and area, a lovely touch which I haven't encountered with other premier inns I've stayed at. I emailed back explaining my daughter was turning 7 on the Thursday and if they could wish her a happy birthday that would be lovely and make her feel so special. I got a reply almost instantly saying the day had been noted and they could t wait to see us. As soon as we arrived everyone was so friendly and helpful and on the morning of my daughters birthday as we were leaving for the day my daughter was greeted with a card and bag of presents, so lovely and kind. She was positively thrilled!! Very happy with all aspects of the stay and we will be returning here most definitely on our next visit to wales.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your daughter enjoyed her birthday with us. We look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again very soon.
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We noticed as soon as we checked in at reception just how welcoming the staff were at this hotel, even the ladies cleaning the rooms had a smile for us. Our room was very clean and comfortable and excellent value. We pre-booked our breakfasts next door at Taybarns for our 4 night stay and were made to feel very welcome. A special mention here of Taybarns Joshua and duty manager Mike. We would recommend this hotel for it's friendliness, clean and comfortable rooms and its proximity to Swansea and the Gower for sight seeing. Also free parking in front of hotel was a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn S
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room clean and comfortable. We are very pleased to hear that the staff in both hotel and Taybarns restaurant provided such wonderful customer service and I shall certainly pass this on to them. We look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again very soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This particular Premier inn is on an industrial estate, but doesn't detract from my stay being a good one. The rooms are the usual that you find from premier inn. The adjacent bar and restaurant that I sampled was ok, the food was only average. But the staff in the restaurant and bar were very good and hospitable, indeed at breakfast they can't do enough for you and should be recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you want a reasonably priced hotel, that offers friendly service, clean and comfortable facilities and good food at a good price, look no further than a Premier Inn.Plenty of parking available right outside the door.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. Hairdryer in the room was very handy. Only let down was the attached restaurant which has changed over the years. Offers cheap deals but not the most appealing place to eat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morriston
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel
#7 of 24 in Swansea
The Dragon Hotel
The Dragon Hotel
#8 of 24 in Swansea

Been to Premier Inn Swansea North Hotel? Share your experiences!