The Royal Flamingo Villas would probably be an excellent choice for younger families with younger children ( as there were many), or for extended families, but it didn’t work for us.
The apartment was of good size but we ended up with our “Villa”(?) 15 feet off of hwy A1A allowing us all of its wonderful traffic sounds. Not the cleanest of spaces. Did find several of the “Infamous Palmetto Roaches” ..live and bodies .. throughout our stay ..but that IS South Florida for sure. The kitchen area was an acceptable size if you do plan on cooking …however, we found mouse droppings in the cabinets, which were a certain turn-off for the wife. Bathroom required one to turn sideways to enter as the sink stuck out into this incredibly small space. Again, not the cleanest of facilities. The beach area was nice and well maintained. The compound had a pool which was heavily utilized by the numerous family groups with their very small children in diapers and blow up pfd’s. Sitting outside of our abode provided an excellent view of constant pool activities and our neighbor’s B-B-Q ing each meal while they consumed numerous cases of beer.
20 years ago most of this wouldn’t have bothered me as much as now, but I certainly would prefer a cleaner and quieter place … or at least … not share my vacation time with someone else’s children, or watching 12 people drink and drop brats down like M & Ms.
We don’t mind not fancy, but dirty is another matter. I am sure that the property offered villas with better views, location, and probably cleaner accommodations … and I know that this would probably be a great place for families with kids and extended family groups, but it is a poor choice if those criteria are not in your vacation plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Flamingo Villas are conveniently located between Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale. You won't find a more beautifully secluded, laid back property on the entire gold coast. The Royal Flamingo Villas offers there 300-foot private ocean beach, a heated pool, expansive tropical grounds, picturesque patios, thatched-roof tiki huts ideal for seaside picnics and so much more. Each of there villas are stylishly decorated, incredibly spacious and full of all the amenities we know and love. And best of all, the villas are minutes away from excellent restaurants, bustling nightlife, great shopping and exciting ocean activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Royal Flamingo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Flamingo Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Royal Flamingo Hotel
- Royal Flamingo Villas Pompano Beach, Florida