I have stayed here numerous times since a friend of mine owns one of the villas that get rented out. His is right on the beach..... truely amazing. You can actually sit on the couch and look out at the ocean. There is a private beach right in front with cabanas, then steps down to the ocean and beach. Now, there isn't a lot of beach there years ago near the ocean, especially at high tide, but I have heard they have added sand since when I was there.
The place is great however, even IF the beach is still small, you have the private beach right there on site... and it's huge....so there is plenty of places for sunning or under a cabana for reading.
I have stayed there in the summer and it seems that I was about the only person there. Even at the pool, maybe one other couple and that was it.
Another thing I love about the place is that there is a living reef right out from the beach. Snorkel out about 100 yards to all kinds of reef life, rays, barracuda, lobster, tarpon... no telling what you might see.
There are a lot of restaurants with a mile or two and right on the intercoastal.... so plenty of good seafood. There is also a pier for fishing with a few miles drive as well. Go the other way, there's a marina and across the street.... a lighthouse and park.
There on site, there is a nice putting green, or used to be, right on A1A. It's fun to putt and watch the cars go by, people bicycling, etc. On the intercoastal, there are swings and benchs to sit on and watch the huge boats go up and down the intercoastal. How much more relaxing can it be?? I guess with a margarita or pina colada in hand.
The pictures online at their site is exactly how it is. Really nice... tile floors for water and sand..... maid service every 3 days.
In closing, I haven't stayed too many times in this area, but I don't think you would find a better place for the money. Hope this review helps someone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Flamingo Villas are conveniently located between Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale. You won't find a more beautifully secluded, laid back property on the entire gold coast. The Royal Flamingo Villas offers there 300-foot private ocean beach, a heated pool, expansive tropical grounds, picturesque patios, thatched-roof tiki huts ideal for seaside picnics and so much more. Each of there villas are stylishly decorated, incredibly spacious and full of all the amenities we know and love. And best of all, the villas are minutes away from excellent restaurants, bustling nightlife, great shopping and exciting ocean activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Flamingo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Flamingo Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Royal Flamingo Hotel
- Royal Flamingo Villas Pompano Beach, Florida