“Great Place to Stay!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
“Great Place to Stay!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was very nervous about staying here after ready some reviews. Plus it took me about 2 weeks of calling to make sure the reosrt had our reservation.....the online site was not working so I have to reserve over the phone to the 1-800 number. Finally was told they had the reservation. We had 7 people in our party stay May 31, 2012 to June 3, 2012. We had a wonderful time at this resort and can't wait to go back. Loved the landscaping, pools, putt putt, & the unit we stayed in was beautiful!! Unit was very clean. We were close to Walmart, Winn Dixie, McDonald's, Wendy's.....and only about a 20 min drive to the beach! We were also able to check in a little early and that helped so much! The staff was great and would bring us items we needed. I can go on and on about this resort....wonderful place!

Room Tip: We were in the Fountain Palm Building...seemed newer, seventh floor. Beautiful!
3 Thank Alicia M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I havent even left yet and all I can say is I will be back!!! Great place for families, plenty of activities just on property! Gated so very protected! Great service, especially from Sandra (Jamaica ) and Leon (manager) at front desk!!!! Anyone that has complained has just been unhappy, because this place has been fantastic and I've only been here two days!! All staff have been friendly. We are staying in a 2 bedroom (with 2 adults and 2 children) and we have more than enough room!! Once again we will be back and I can't wait for next trip!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Krislcia
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I needed a getaway for a week and decided to trade our RCI time share here at the Wyndham Palm Aire in Pompano Beach, FL. We understood that this was NOT the resort on the ocean, but rather a place where we could get away for a few days, but still keep in touch with our businesses while we were gone. Fortunately we stayed at the adjacent 1 and 2 bedroom area, as this was Memorial weekend and lots of people. But we were NOT ready for the onslaught of blaring music and people screaming and running around the main pool area. The reason we were fortunate to stay in the other area is that is was relatively quiet. However with that being said, the rental 1 bedroom unit had a lot to be desired.Rooms have been remodeled, however not much thought was put into how it was redone. the 1 bath + stall areas only had one place to hang towels, so no place to hang wet towels. The main Jacuzzi was big but shower was attached to it with NO shower curtain. Every time you took a shower the whole room got doused with water, with no railing to get out of the large tub area. Very dangerous situation.We had to call in as our check in showed items in the kitchen that were not there and the toaster doesn't work. We called and they did send someone over with the missing items so we would not be charged for them on our check out.
The most disappointing thing was that we also required internet access which we were told they had. We could not get on for the first couple of days and called the front desk and they told us they would send someone over. We got back and our computer was ON and it showed it was connected with NO BARS... reception was non existent. Since it was raining a great deal we were also interested in watching HBO which resort said they had, but that was out as well. After several calls we finally were able to get HBO signal but again it was very poor reception.
I had two very important webinar/calls to make and could not get on the system, so I was told to go to the lobby which I did for two nights for 2 hours each. The hotel staff was very loud and not helpful as they saw me there using the computer. I think even the manager was laughing and talking to the staff for the whole time I was trying to listen to my webinar..On the last day we were there we finally got someone to come in for the internet only to be told that we had to use the bedroom to get a connection..... so much for the working vacation. We left two days early as we just thought we would be much better off at home.

Room Tip: Don't choose the two towers unless you have kids and don;t mind the noise. Get the two story 1 b...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank TravelGalVal1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The Palm-aire was a disappointment. We needed to be there while we visited my father in the nearby John Knox Village, but we will be sure to tell others that it should be used only as a last resort (so to speak). The floor was dirty and, when we needed additional bedding, it took over an hour to get it - and the manager couldn't even be bothered speaking to me about it. We won't go again.

6 Thank DFJ1
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2012

As I sit to write this at the end of our week-long vacation, I wanted to share a bit of our experience at the Wyndham Palm-Aire.

Having read other reviews of the Resort on a travel site, we have been forewarned that the resort engaged in a high-pressure attempt to get its guests to attend their "informational seminar" on "how to get the most out of your timeshare membership." We could not get our keys to our room until we went to the conceirge for our "welcome pack" where they simply would not take "NO" for an answer. Despite declining to attend, they still signed us up for a date and time, and then called our room repeatedly to remind us of our appointment. The staff insisted that there would be "no financial decisions to be made at the seminar," yet the written appointment reminder clearly stated that this was a "solicitation to sell a timeshare interest." Add to that daily calls (which started even BEFORE we checked in (as voicemail messages) from the beauty salon trying to sell us "$40 manis and pedis." It nearly ruined our entire vacation.

Its a shame they run their business this way, as in most other ways, its a very nice property. We had a spacious, renovated 1 bed, 2 bath unit with washer/dryer in the unit. It was clean and the kitchen well-equipped. We cooked several meals in the unit and found everything we needed.

There is a new spa on site called Soleil Spa. It is not owned/run by the Palm-aire. We enjoyed massages and facials there and the staff was very competent and pleasant to deal with. There is free use of a nice fitness center, as well as sauna and steam rooms.

As others have said, elevators are still a problem. They also need more luggage carts. When inconsiderate guests steal them and hide them in their room the eve before checkout, you know there are not enough to go around.

The property is well-maintained and attractive, and it offers free wi-fi. The pools are large and clean, and there is a nice rum bar and deli alongside. But the deli closes at 5pm, so if you want to eat in the evening, you will need to go off property.

Last item: As others have also noted, being IN Pompano Beach is different than being ON Pompano Beach. If you mind a 10-15 min ride to the shore each day, book a beachfront resort.

This is/could be a very strong 3 star resort with some changes in sales and marketing staff. But we wont be back to find out.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Tom C
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I went to Florida for my son's graduation from Johnson & Wales University. Me and my family stayed in Wyndham Palm Aire Resort for 4 days and the experience was great no hassle checking in because our flight was delayed for an hour so we got there at 7pm. We were helped with our luggage to the condo and given direcions on how my son could gain entrance at the gated community without difficulty. Me and my family would definately stay there again.

1 Thank dinnie830
DC
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I just returned from the Wyndham on Sunday (May 19) and let me tell you it is all it's cracked up to me. Every single staff member greeted me whenever they saw me from the concierge to the landscaper. Everyone was friendly. The rooms were immaculate, completely clean and our suite was completely convenient with a full kitchen ( pots, pans, utensils, etc). The hotel was conveniently located right across the street from a Winn Dixie grocery store and down the street from a walmart. The Concierge was sure to tell us of great places to eat and even offered us discounted prices since we stayed at the Wyndham. Although the pool was right by our room noise was never a problem. Poolside was a grill which was wonderful, our balcony was huge, the pillows were comfortable, the rooms came equipped with all flat screen tvs and a dvd player. I can't compliment this place enough. However, we did have a minor ant problem at the beginning of our stay. It was quickly handled by the staff and all ended well. I can't wait to return to Florida JUST to stay at the Wyndham.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the grocery store were the nicest.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
#2 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Royal Vista
Wyndham Royal Vista
#9 of 36 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!