“3 days of promised and wi-fi still not fixed in unit.”
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“3 days of promised and wi-fi still not fixed in unit.”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is the worst Wtndham property I have been to. Very disappointing. Wyndham is known for quality property and great customer service. We entered our unit to here a high pitched noise. The router was putting off the noise so we had to unplug it. We called in and they were to replace the router. That was Sunday. Today is Wed and still not fixed. Called every day and every day they promise it will be done. I would rather be told which day it could be fixed instead of being lied to on a daily basis that it will be fixed that day. Refrigerator missing bar in door to hold food. Freezer wasn't cleaned. First 2 days here tv wasn't working well. They were having problems with their connections.
I will never stay here again and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank sfrye67
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We are so sorry to hear about the multiple issues you are experiencing. We agree that our properties are known for their quality and great customer service. Your experience is certainly not what should be expected. We will ensure that management follows up to confirm when the router will be replaced. We will also let maintenance know about the refrigerator door. In regards to the television connection, you should not experience any loss of connection for the remainder of your stay. If you do, please contact the front desk to let them know. Thank you for making us aware of these issues while still onsite for a chance to make the rest of your stay better.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Beaverton, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Arrived very early for check in since we had just checked out from the Wyndham Sea Garden. Upon check in I showed Sandra a new review that was posted here on Trip Advisor regarding cockroaches in the Royal Palm building. Her response to me was "oh, you will not be in that building". I was then told our room was not available and they would call us when it was ready. I received the call and we headed over there after we finished our lunch. I walked into a lobby that was full at 4:30 and I thought all these people sitting around were waiting for spouses to check in. I was wrong because they were all waiting for rooms to get cleaned. I didn't wait too long in line before it was my turn. The gentleman checking people In was a total jerk to the people ahead of me. When it was my turn he said my room was ready and we would be in the Royal Palm building. I informed him I would not be in that building and informed him of my conversation with Sandra. He then proceeded to tell me that was all that was available right now unless I wanted to wait for up to two hours! Long story short I got my keys at 7:00. I was the last one in the lobby to get a room. I talked to a few people waiting and they were totally disgusted with this properties check in process! I had never seen anything like this in all my travels! The 2 bedroom condo was very nice, but not so sure I would return due to check in process and the unprofessional registration staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank nazaliwood
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I arrived within a few minutes of our friend who had reserved a two-bedroom condo timeshare exchange. He had begun the check-in process at 3:45. The process includes talking with a Wyndham Club representative who gives you a book of discounts and tries to sign you and your party up for a sales presentation. Hey, it paid $100 so we took it! The check-in process was slow and took around 40 minutes before we got the key to our room.

The condo was very nice. Two bedrooms (one with 2 queen beds and one with a king bed), comfortable living room, big dining room, and very adequate kitchen. There was a balcony with a small table and 3 chairs which was perfect for breakfast on the balcony. The kitchen had all the requisite appliances including a coffee maker and a blender. Close by stores so you can buy breakfast and lunch food if you do not want to go to restaurants all the time.

The pools were very nice. The larger pool had lots of children in it and the smaller (but still good sized) pool was mainly adults. One small hot tub by the smaller pool was too hot to be enjoyable. The other hot tub in our grouping was larger and a good temperature.

The Palm-Aire is not close to the beach at all. It is about a 15 minute car drive to the beach along Atlantic Blvd. There are other Wyndham properties by the beach (Pompano Beach) that offer free parking to all Wyndham users. Pompano Beach is very nice and the sandy beach slopes pretty gently into the ocean. We took our own beach chairs and umbrella. You can also rent them but kind of high priced (not a Wyndham concession) or you can buy cheap ones at Walgreen's or Publix and just leave them at the end of the week. Still a lot cheaper than renting!

Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. We enjoyed Flanigan's on Atlantic Blvd. Good Happy Hour from 4 until 7 with $2.50 draft pints of Yeungling or other beers. Most drinks were half-price. Excellent baby-back ribs, too.

Complaints? The long check-in process; unattended children in the adult hot tubs at night; pool chairs "being reserved" first thing in the morning; and that's about all I can think of.

I was impressed by the sales presentation. Our sales guy asked up front at the beginning if we thought we might be interested. We said we were only there for the $100, we chatted about our kids for a while, and the presentation was over. No pressure, no waste of time for either person. The $100 is an AMEX gift card.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tbugs
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Wife Kathy and I stayed here for a week. Loved its amenities and helpful staff. Internally, our two bedroom unit in the Areca tower was very sufficient and exactly as one might expect from a timeshare experience. All the necessities were available and everything worked. Externally, the pools were beyond perfect...respectful patrons relaxed in lounge chairs or relaxed, played, or stayed comfortable while enjoying the crystal clear waters with various bubblers, streams, a water slide, nice depth for walking and staying immersed. Mitch at the pool side bar was very cordial and ready to respond to any beverage request we made. Parking was convenient, all the gates worked, security folks were attentive and evident. While there were a LOT of people in the combination of units, it seemed like there was plenty of room for everyone. We enjoyed this stay tremendously. As for a point of departure: days trips were easily accomplished as access to I95 and the Florida turnpike were easily available and accomplished. Plenty of near by places to eat. Not sure what non-owners conclude if they visit, but these two Wyndham owners were very happy campers...especially as the kids and grandkids blessed us with time together as well.

HOWEVER, we were very frustrated with not being able to check in at 4pm as promised on our arrival day; we realize that guests have to leave so units can be cleaned and prepared for new guests, so we simply suggest that the Wyndham staff get owners and guests OUT per the well-published check out time AND that housekeeping staff be hired in sufficient numbers so that the turnovers can occur as owners expect them to happen....on time. This was the only reason why we didn't provide an "excellent" overall rating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank El A
Hopewell Junction
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The room was adequate. Was not happy the coffee maker was not there. Most of the staff was not very friendly or professional. The day of checkout, the male employee made me uneasy he kept pacing the lobby and staring at us.

Room Tip: The room was supposed to have a coffee maker, there was not one in the room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Robert D
Jamaica
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I went to Wyndham Palm-Aire in the summer last year.

We had ask for high floor with a view of the pool but we didn't get it. However we got a nice enough room on the Fountain Palm Building.

It was seven of us and we both took a two bed room, really spacious and nice, it was also clean when we got there. Had all the amenities , pots, pans, toaster, blender and dish washer.

Never had an issue with the roaches just the noise from the street because that's where our room was facing.

The only issue I had was check- in was slow we had to wait any hour before we got our rooms.

I am Jamaican and I met a Jamaican by the Time Share desk and that made me feel comfortable.

All in all my experience was good and I plan to come back this summer with eleven of my friends.

I hope they will be impressed as much as I was.

Room Tip: The Fountain Palm Building is nice
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had booked a room from february 23 2014 - until March 2 . We were arriving on the 25th at around 12 (midnight) so we were cordial enough to warn them. We never thought they would rent our room out. We arrived to find out our room would only be ready the next day at 10 . I did not complain but was very angered since I wanted to unpack, could not do so in a temporary room. The next day We did our groceries and left them in the car. I went to the front lobby and they told me that the room my be ready later on . I expressed my frustration as my groceries would get bad - and I paid for seven days so why should i not have the room. The front desk person and her boss were very nice and said that at latest 10:30 my room would be ready. I explained as long as i get by 11 it was fine. At 11 I call downstairs and I got this attitude, "SIR DO NOT CALL US when the room is ready we will call you. I ran downstairs before she had time hang up - and told them. My room was mine three days ago and I wanted it NOW!!!!!. I paid for seven days and three days later my rooom is not ready. Within 5 minutes they found me a room . Imcompetent and inconsiderate. I had requested to speak to the manager - but decided to let it go. On the final day the kicker the most outrageous thing happened , and if you have kids stay away from this place they have no judgement.check out is 10 am - I asked for a late checkout if possible since we were playing at palm aire and would finish by noon . I explained that if was not possible I would have my inlaws baby sit my 12 and 15 year old until we got back. I was told that it was no problem till noon. at 10:00 my kids text me they are being kicked out of the room as they were not on the late checkout list. The cleaning lady was very nice but she was with a pr...ck of a supervisor who was being mean to my kids. They threw them out and my kids went to the front desk to tell them we had a late checkout. After 15minutes they finally saw it on their system Freakin mor...ons, They worried my wife and I and ruined our round with another couple--- and if I had got back to the resort - i am not sure what i would have done ---- . My kids went back to the room but were told at 12 they would be kicked out - We left the course with two holes left to play ---and arrived at 12:01 to find my kids with the luggage in the lobby. When i asked for a late checkout the man at the desk told me that if we needed a few more minutes it was no problem . Sure !!!!!. I was about to go in he lobby and punch anything that moved. But my wife told me to just leave . Throwing minors out of a room incorrectly i may add !!!!!what a bunch of in-grades

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank nick m
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Hi Nick,

We are very sorry for all the issues you encountered during your stay. Your room should not have been occupied by another guest. Our staff should have confirmed the check-out time and situation with your kids before you and your wife left. We will have our management review these concerns for follow up. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can make this situation right. With your feedback we can continue improving the guest experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Santa Barbara
#1 of 17 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!