“Wyndham Palm-Aire, Pompano Beach, FL”
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Monroe, WI
“Wyndham Palm-Aire, Pompano Beach, FL”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a fabulous week at the Palm-Aire. We stayed in a beautiful two bedroom unit. It was clean and comfortable and offered everything you need for your stay. We were traveling with our kids, three teenagers. We all enjoyed the pools and the mini golf. The fitness center offered everything from treadmills to weights and had at least two fitness classes each day. The resort also has a sand Volleyball court, tennis courts and a playground for smaller children. The resort grounds are beautiful! There are also gas grills in areas throughout the resort. Many activities are scheduled throughout the day for those who would like to participate including crafts, ice cream socials and outdoor movie night by the pool. The staff was always friendly and helpful. When staying here you are able to drive to one of the sister properties on the beach and park at their hotel and use their facilities as well. A shuttle is also offered to head to the beach but must be reserved the night before due to limited room and I believe it only made one run leaving by 9:30am. We loved this resort !

Room Tip: We stayed in the Fountain Palm building with a great view of the quiet pool and mini golf area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Unfortunately this property is not on the beach, but a shuttle will take you to the beach property, or you can drive. But as it turned out, it was a very relaxing stay with access to several pools. We chose the quiet pool in the Royal Palm building and it was very nice. The only problem was with the Comcast local channels, but that was not the fault of the property, and it was eventually fixed.

Room Tip: Be sure you have a balcony (even with studios)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frugal2014
Rolla, North Dakota
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We went on a family vacation for a week in March. We booked two, two bedroom units. Arrived for check in after a very long day of travel and our rooms were not ready. After an hour of waiting they had one of the units ready, so we were able to at least unload our luggage and relax a little. It was about another two hours before the second unit was available, not a good start to our vacation. Thankfully that was the only hiccup with our stay. The rooms were nicely updated and spacious. Having a washer and dryer was very handy, beds were comfortable. We were in the Sabal Palm building. Pool was nice and warm, unfortunately the hot tub was the same temp as the pool. Loungers at the pool fill up fast in the morning and people will use them the whole day, so get to the pool early. Location was convenient, about a 15-20 minute drive to the ocean and restaurants. We had two rental cars and had no problem getting to where we needed to go. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It would be nice to be on the ocean, but this place was very nice and I would recommend it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BrittAnn85
Caledon, Ontario
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying at the Palm-Aire resort. I have to say I quiet liked it. The grounds were clean and eye pleasing. The staff from check in to maintenance where helpful and friendly. They granted our request to have a pool view room, which was very nice! Our room was spacious and had everything we needed. I do feel that the washrooms could have been cleaner, and mattress's could have been a bit softer, for my liking. I also felt that the whole unit felt very damp, from the bedding to the carpet, it felt kinda gross, even turning up the air didn't seem to help? I'm not sure if this had anything to do with being a few blocks from the ocean? Because I never felt the dampness at the Orlando Wyndham. The pools were really nice, but the spa's ...not sure what was going on with those? One was way to cold and the other was scolding hot! We did have an issue with our in room safe twice we had to call maintenance, for some reason the pin code I used all week would all of a sudden not work? Strange, and it happened twice! Needless to say it was looked at ASAP. I would defiantly come back, the issues I felt were minor in comparison to everything else.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sweettrip4
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is the worst Wtndham property I have been to. Very disappointing. Wyndham is known for quality property and great customer service. We entered our unit to here a high pitched noise. The router was putting off the noise so we had to unplug it. We called in and they were to replace the router. That was Sunday. Today is Wed and still not fixed. Called every day and every day they promise it will be done. I would rather be told which day it could be fixed instead of being lied to on a daily basis that it will be fixed that day. Refrigerator missing bar in door to hold food. Freezer wasn't cleaned. First 2 days here tv wasn't working well. They were having problems with their connections.
I will never stay here again and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank sfrye67
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We are so sorry to hear about the multiple issues you are experiencing. We agree that our properties are known for their quality and great customer service. Your experience is certainly not what should be expected. We will ensure that management follows up to confirm when the router will be replaced. We will also let maintenance know about the refrigerator door. In regards to the television connection, you should not experience any loss of connection for the remainder of your stay. If you do, please contact the front desk to let them know. Thank you for making us aware of these issues while still onsite for a chance to make the rest of your stay better.
Beaverton, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Arrived very early for check in since we had just checked out from the Wyndham Sea Garden. Upon check in I showed Sandra a new review that was posted here on Trip Advisor regarding cockroaches in the Royal Palm building. Her response to me was "oh, you will not be in that building". I was then told our room was not available and they would call us when it was ready. I received the call and we headed over there after we finished our lunch. I walked into a lobby that was full at 4:30 and I thought all these people sitting around were waiting for spouses to check in. I was wrong because they were all waiting for rooms to get cleaned. I didn't wait too long in line before it was my turn. The gentleman checking people In was a total jerk to the people ahead of me. When it was my turn he said my room was ready and we would be in the Royal Palm building. I informed him I would not be in that building and informed him of my conversation with Sandra. He then proceeded to tell me that was all that was available right now unless I wanted to wait for up to two hours! Long story short I got my keys at 7:00. I was the last one in the lobby to get a room. I talked to a few people waiting and they were totally disgusted with this properties check in process! I had never seen anything like this in all my travels! The 2 bedroom condo was very nice, but not so sure I would return due to check in process and the unprofessional registration staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank nazaliwood
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I arrived within a few minutes of our friend who had reserved a two-bedroom condo timeshare exchange. He had begun the check-in process at 3:45. The process includes talking with a Wyndham Club representative who gives you a book of discounts and tries to sign you and your party up for a sales presentation. Hey, it paid $100 so we took it! The check-in process was slow and took around 40 minutes before we got the key to our room.

The condo was very nice. Two bedrooms (one with 2 queen beds and one with a king bed), comfortable living room, big dining room, and very adequate kitchen. There was a balcony with a small table and 3 chairs which was perfect for breakfast on the balcony. The kitchen had all the requisite appliances including a coffee maker and a blender. Close by stores so you can buy breakfast and lunch food if you do not want to go to restaurants all the time.

The pools were very nice. The larger pool had lots of children in it and the smaller (but still good sized) pool was mainly adults. One small hot tub by the smaller pool was too hot to be enjoyable. The other hot tub in our grouping was larger and a good temperature.

The Palm-Aire is not close to the beach at all. It is about a 15 minute car drive to the beach along Atlantic Blvd. There are other Wyndham properties by the beach (Pompano Beach) that offer free parking to all Wyndham users. Pompano Beach is very nice and the sandy beach slopes pretty gently into the ocean. We took our own beach chairs and umbrella. You can also rent them but kind of high priced (not a Wyndham concession) or you can buy cheap ones at Walgreen's or Publix and just leave them at the end of the week. Still a lot cheaper than renting!

Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. We enjoyed Flanigan's on Atlantic Blvd. Good Happy Hour from 4 until 7 with $2.50 draft pints of Yeungling or other beers. Most drinks were half-price. Excellent baby-back ribs, too.

Complaints? The long check-in process; unattended children in the adult hot tubs at night; pool chairs "being reserved" first thing in the morning; and that's about all I can think of.

I was impressed by the sales presentation. Our sales guy asked up front at the beginning if we thought we might be interested. We said we were only there for the $100, we chatted about our kids for a while, and the presentation was over. No pressure, no waste of time for either person. The $100 is an AMEX gift card.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Santa Barbara
#1 of 17 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!