“Amazing Honeymoon”

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked our honeymoon through RCI exchange. We booked 1 bedroom deluxe. We got in to Ft. Lauderdale early in the day, so we decided to do out grocery shopping prior to check in. When we got to the resort at 4:30 PM, our room was not ready. I was asked to leave a phone number. I was not happy about that, since the check in is late anyway and on top of that, my groceries weren't going to last very long in a car in FL heat. I was told that I can speak to the supervisor. So I did... and he miraculously told me that my room is ready. Gave me a key and a map to the room in Queen Palm, which included leaving the gate and basically, going to the motel style building across the street. I was upset, but I wasn't going to let this ruin my honeymoon. After getting to the unit and finding that couch is basically in the kitchen and TV is on a kitchen counter... then calling about internet service not working and lack of safe... I just spend the rest of the evening with my husband in a basically private pool, because as one of the security guards told us, there is no one in this building. There were few people, but he had a point... The next morning I was told that someone will call me about the safe when they find one. That was it. I went over to registration and asked for a manager. And that's when Cynthia came and changed our stay from terrible to amazing! I am so glad that I went over and spoke to her. She moved us to what truly is a 1 bedroom deluxe in Areca Palm. She made sure that we liked our new unit and even delivered us a congratulations card with coupons for free drinks at the pool bar. The unit she moved us into had everything we were hoping for and more, was in the center of the resort and everything from that point on was just incredible.
If we were in that unit from the beginning, I would definitely give it 5.0 rating. The resort is very nice with beautiful grounds. We loved exploring the wildlife surrounding the ponds. The drive to the resort with beach access is easy and the beach is beautiful. And parking was easy, too.
Thank you, Cynthia, for making our honeymoon so special!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Queen Palm building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoveSaratoga
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Good morning Natalia, Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your delay at check-in. I know after a long day of traveling the last thing you want to do is wait to get into your room. Then to have the only option to prevent your delay even longer was a one bedroom in our Queen Palm Building, which is a completely different layout and location than our other buildings. I was so pleased that you took the time to come speak with me the next morning and I was able to assist in your honeymoon being a pleasant and memorable one. We are working on some changes to ensure our guests are checked into their units on time. With your feedback we can continue to enhance the guest experience. Thank you for guiding us on what needs improving. I hope that you and your husband will once again give us the opportunity to have you as our guests. Best Wishes and thank you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed there back in July 2008. Had an excellent time. Reslly enjoyed the bartender at the tiki bar. We were watching home videos of our tip recently and cannot remember the bartenders name. Ha an island accent and was super friendly and entertaining.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jdslnscas2010
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you, for the kind words. We will share this with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation back in 2008. It was a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful time at the Tiki Bar with Whistler, our bartender. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

After reading many negative reviews on this resort ((after already booking it)) I was very hesitant to stay there. But we did and Very Glad at that!! The resort is Awesome. Our 2 bedroom unit with 2 full baths was more like 3 bathrooms. The king suite had a jacuzzi tub with a large sink area and next to that was another full sink and full shower. All this next door to our king sized bed with flat screen tv. Nice living room--another flat screen--granite counters and full kitchen with 2 bar stools and a table for 6. Next was the second bedroom--2 full sized beds, flat screen tv, full bathroom--also had a washer and dryer in the unit. Balcony had a small table with 2 chairs and when requested they brought us two more. Also the safe in the master room needed batteries and that also was fixed promptly. Four pools--though we never did see the fourth one--the two main pools are large and have many chairs. Small food stand where you can order sandwiches--we never did--grocery and liquor stores nearby--restaurants nearby--shuttle to the beach every day at 9:30 and returns at 2--very helpful--spa, exercise room-large and lots of equipment--sculpt class with Phyl was very good--yoga good too.l We stayed in the Sable Palm building--I had read about cockroaches in the Royal building so requested to stay in another one--no problem there at all. Free parking also. Overall, we LOVED it here--next year we may stay at the "sister" resort right on Ft. Lauderdale beach as that is where we went many nights for dinner--

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank angielee123
Kimberly M, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2015

Thanks so much for the kind 5-star review. We truly love our guests and are so happy that it shows. Come visit us again - we will always go out of our way for you! Take care, Wyndham Palm-Aire

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am not sure why anyone decided to build a resort in this location as it is not near anything. However, in comparison to the price of equivalent properties in better locations it is a much more affordable deal.The units are very spacious which is why we chose to stay here. We had a two room suite with two full beds in the second bedroom which was perfect for our two teenagers. The kitchens are well equipped and the bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi tub. The resort is clean and well maintained.. The pools are a good size. One has a slide and fountain feature and there was plenty of seats when we stayed. We did spend a fair amount of time in the car driving to places (the beach, restaurants and attractions) but if you are on a budget, need space and are prepared to get in the car to get to places, this is a good bet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kensingtonmom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at the Whyndham Palm Aire and had a fabulous time. We had a group of 16 adults and 18 kids ranging in age from 1-13 and it was perfect for all. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean, grounds were very nice, the bar and cafe was great! Not far from beach and Intracoastal waterway which is perfect. Activities were great for all ages. The pools were clean, slide was fun, mini golf was perfect, basketball courts kept kids entertained, the playground was perfect for the little ones and the sand volleyball court was so much fun! Besides the sales people being totally relentless in trying to get you to listen to their pitch, which is the same at every Whyndham, it was a great vacation. We have learned how to dodge them and ignore:-) Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This resort is huge and at least 15 minutes from the beach (traffic greatly impacts travel time in the Fort Lauderdale area!). Since our focus was golf, we were quite pleased with the location and this resort's amenities. Debbie G., at the concierge desk, was simply outstanding in meeting our needs and helping us plan our days. We generally dislike Wyndham's attempt to get you to buy by cajoling you into attending an "update"; we capitulated to get the gift, but this time it was painless and we actually got an update with low-key selling. Unfortunately, the whole resort had trouble with the tv connection, and regular channels were "tiled" for 4 days. Our hvac system intermittently made screeching sounds, and maintenance could not find anything wrong. People tried to be helpful in these matters, but they were out of their control. Entertainment here was quite good, and we felt valued and welcomed by this outstanding staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit with the laundry in it rather than on the floor, although it is free either way. Bec...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dctourguide
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights before recent cruise. The complex and grounds were all well kept. They had 2 different pool options, decent seating and a small little bar with adjoining store for food. Also, they had a little play area for kids, a volleyball court and small 18 hole mini golf course on site to help break up day.

We had a 2BR condo in the Areca Palm section. It was newly renovated, very spacious and clean. Defiantely on par with the Hilton Grand Vacation properties we have stayed at in Orlando. Each of the buildings offered a unique view and setting.

Property was nicely located near the main stretch (Atlantice Blvd) and major highways and a short drive to beach. By staying at Wyndham proprty you also had access to their other properties on ocean so we were able to park there and use beach / pools w/o paying the higher price. Overall a very nice property and definately would recommend for a short or long stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 19 in Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!