“Awesome Time!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Myself and my 2 daughters stayed at this resort for 1 week from May 10 to the 17th before going on a cruise. I would have loved to have just stayed another week here instead of going on the cruise.(slight exaggeration there...really wouldn't have given up my cruise for the world!) The staff was so friendly. We arrived at 3am very tired as we had driven there from Toronto. Check in took about 5 mins. We had a deluxe 2 bedroom and the unit was gorgeous. We were on the 2nd floor so didn't have much of a view but things like that don't bother me. I never went out on the balcony anyways. I was always at a swimming pool or the lounge areas or playing mini golf or socializing. No problems with the water slide. The pool was closed 1 day due to severe lightning and thunder. We participated in Karaoke nights, watched a few shows they presented...its a very active place. Or you can relax in the spa. I have stayed at Wyndham Sea Gardens before as well but this resort is much much better. There are lots of things close by so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg feeding your family. There is a Super Walmart across the street so we just went grocery shopping. My older daughter ripped her fingernail and it was bleeding. We went to the front desk to get a band aid and the desk clerk took out the first aid kit and sprayed my daughter's finger with antibiotic spray and placed the band aid on her finger for her. I'm an RN and was quite impressed with the job the clerk did. Her name escapes me now but all the staff seemed to have the same attitude. Every single staff member always said hello and gave a big smile. They all seem to enjoy working together there. I saw the bartender handle some very difficult patrons. Never raised his voice and it even seemed the customers became louder. But within 10 mins they calmed down and i think it was because of the fact that his smile never left his face. The only negative thing is that the internet connection is very weak. I was unable to connect to the wifi in my bedroom but everywhere else in the unit you could connect but it would disconnect intermittently. The wifi worked well by the pool and lounge areas. I read reviews prior to staying here so I knew there might be some issues with the wifi anyways. I had also read reviews saying that ppl waited a long time for their room so planned my trip to arrive a little later so I wouldn't have to wait. I lived in South Florida prior and what people are saying about it being a rough neighborhood I would take with a grain of salt. I never at anytime felt unsafe even off the resort on the other side of the gates. I can't say enough good things about this place and I will definitely be back in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Choclaire
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post on the TripAdvisor Site, we appreciate it very much. We are very glade to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay with us prior to going on a wonderful cruise. I'm sorry to hear about the incident with one of your daughters fingernail, that certainly does hurt very much, however, I am pleased that our staff was able to impress an RN with their first aid service. Once again, thank you so much for your king words, I will share this with our staff members. We look forward to your return visit to Wyndham Palm Aire in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'd give this a 2.5 if I could, but this property is certainly not "average", so it gets 2 instead of 3 stars. The property itself is nice. The pools are good (although the water-slide at the pool hasn't worked all week), and the rooms are nice and spacious. Unfortunately, that's about all the good I can say. The area that the hotel is in is terrible. There is a Winn Dixie and Wal Mart within walking distance, but this property is in a rough part of town and they are...well, rough. The crowd at the hotel is also interesting. My wife was told off by a very trashy lady at the pool one day when she didn't stop the lady's daughter from running around the pool....like it was her fault. Anyway, there is a wide variety of people here. Especially disappointing was my one experience with guest services. I called to request a shuttle to take my family to a restaurant. When we showed up at the requested time, no one was helpful at all. They asked questions to try to figure out what I did wrong instead of fixing the problem. I called at 3 to request a shuttle at 5 by dialing guest services, and I was told me that I was confirmed for 5. All I heard from the staff was, "well, when did you call? Who did you talk to? Who did you call?". All they did was point fingers, and they didn't apologize or try to fix the problem!!!!! In the end, they just tried to get me to schedule something for the next day. I've never encountered such nonchalance from a hotel staff in regards to such a failure on their end. Anyway, we're half way through a week-long trip, and I'm just counting down the days. I'm writing this mid-stay because I hope someone tries to contact me to fix this. But I doubt this will happen, because I'm pretty sure that no one here reads their reviews.

Also, this is a big time-share property. Trust me.....DO NOT GET A TIMESHARE HERE!!!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the smaller pool. The larger pool sometimes has a DJ with dance music going until...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HokieVol
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I'm disappointed to hear our services and amenities did not meet your expectations. I know that when you are staying with us our prioritiy is to met your expectationsto making sure you have a memorable experience. We value your feedback, as it gives us guidance on what to provide our guests during vacation. Thank you.
saratoga springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked our honeymoon through RCI exchange. We booked 1 bedroom deluxe. We got in to Ft. Lauderdale early in the day, so we decided to do out grocery shopping prior to check in. When we got to the resort at 4:30 PM, our room was not ready. I was asked to leave a phone number. I was not happy about that, since the check in is late anyway and on top of that, my groceries weren't going to last very long in a car in FL heat. I was told that I can speak to the supervisor. So I did... and he miraculously told me that my room is ready. Gave me a key and a map to the room in Queen Palm, which included leaving the gate and basically, going to the motel style building across the street. I was upset, but I wasn't going to let this ruin my honeymoon. After getting to the unit and finding that couch is basically in the kitchen and TV is on a kitchen counter... then calling about internet service not working and lack of safe... I just spend the rest of the evening with my husband in a basically private pool, because as one of the security guards told us, there is no one in this building. There were few people, but he had a point... The next morning I was told that someone will call me about the safe when they find one. That was it. I went over to registration and asked for a manager. And that's when Cynthia came and changed our stay from terrible to amazing! I am so glad that I went over and spoke to her. She moved us to what truly is a 1 bedroom deluxe in Areca Palm. She made sure that we liked our new unit and even delivered us a congratulations card with coupons for free drinks at the pool bar. The unit she moved us into had everything we were hoping for and more, was in the center of the resort and everything from that point on was just incredible.
If we were in that unit from the beginning, I would definitely give it 5.0 rating. The resort is very nice with beautiful grounds. We loved exploring the wildlife surrounding the ponds. The drive to the resort with beach access is easy and the beach is beautiful. And parking was easy, too.
Thank you, Cynthia, for making our honeymoon so special!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Queen Palm building
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LoveSaratoga
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Good morning Natalia, Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your delay at check-in. I know after a long day of traveling the last thing you want to do is wait to get into your room. Then to have the only option to prevent your delay even longer was a one bedroom in our Queen Palm Building, which is a completely different layout and location than our other buildings. I was so pleased that you took the time to come speak with me the next morning and I was able to assist in your honeymoon being a pleasant and memorable one. We are working on some changes to ensure our guests are checked into their units on time. With your feedback we can continue to enhance the guest experience. Thank you for guiding us on what needs improving. I hope that you and your husband will once again give us the opportunity to have you as our guests. Best Wishes and thank you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed there back in July 2008. Had an excellent time. Reslly enjoyed the bartender at the tiki bar. We were watching home videos of our tip recently and cannot remember the bartenders name. Ha an island accent and was super friendly and entertaining.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jdslnscas2010
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you, for the kind words. We will share this with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation back in 2008. It was a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful time at the Tiki Bar with Whistler, our bartender. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
New Baltimore, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

After reading many negative reviews on this resort ((after already booking it)) I was very hesitant to stay there. But we did and Very Glad at that!! The resort is Awesome. Our 2 bedroom unit with 2 full baths was more like 3 bathrooms. The king suite had a jacuzzi tub with a large sink area and next to that was another full sink and full shower. All this next door to our king sized bed with flat screen tv. Nice living room--another flat screen--granite counters and full kitchen with 2 bar stools and a table for 6. Next was the second bedroom--2 full sized beds, flat screen tv, full bathroom--also had a washer and dryer in the unit. Balcony had a small table with 2 chairs and when requested they brought us two more. Also the safe in the master room needed batteries and that also was fixed promptly. Four pools--though we never did see the fourth one--the two main pools are large and have many chairs. Small food stand where you can order sandwiches--we never did--grocery and liquor stores nearby--restaurants nearby--shuttle to the beach every day at 9:30 and returns at 2--very helpful--spa, exercise room-large and lots of equipment--sculpt class with Phyl was very good--yoga good too.l We stayed in the Sable Palm building--I had read about cockroaches in the Royal building so requested to stay in another one--no problem there at all. Free parking also. Overall, we LOVED it here--next year we may stay at the "sister" resort right on Ft. Lauderdale beach as that is where we went many nights for dinner--

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank angielee123
Kimberly M, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 23 April 2015
Thanks so much for the kind 5-star review. We truly love our guests and are so happy that it shows. Come visit us again - we will always go out of our way for you! Take care, Wyndham Palm-Aire
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am not sure why anyone decided to build a resort in this location as it is not near anything. However, in comparison to the price of equivalent properties in better locations it is a much more affordable deal.The units are very spacious which is why we chose to stay here. We had a two room suite with two full beds in the second bedroom which was perfect for our two teenagers. The kitchens are well equipped and the bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi tub. The resort is clean and well maintained.. The pools are a good size. One has a slide and fountain feature and there was plenty of seats when we stayed. We did spend a fair amount of time in the car driving to places (the beach, restaurants and attractions) but if you are on a budget, need space and are prepared to get in the car to get to places, this is a good bet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kensingtonmom
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at the Whyndham Palm Aire and had a fabulous time. We had a group of 16 adults and 18 kids ranging in age from 1-13 and it was perfect for all. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean, grounds were very nice, the bar and cafe was great! Not far from beach and Intracoastal waterway which is perfect. Activities were great for all ages. The pools were clean, slide was fun, mini golf was perfect, basketball courts kept kids entertained, the playground was perfect for the little ones and the sand volleyball court was so much fun! Besides the sales people being totally relentless in trying to get you to listen to their pitch, which is the same at every Whyndham, it was a great vacation. We have learned how to dodge them and ignore:-) Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014
#10 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Santa Barbara
#1 of 16 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!