“Not Happy This Time!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Thomasville, Georgia
“Not Happy This Time!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Royal Palms rooms are older and not as well kept as the other buildings. The kitchen had ants crawling out of the coffee maker. Housekeeping did come to spray. However, this caused more ants to come out around the stove and counter top. There were crumbs around the oven and floor. We were moved to another room fairly quickly though. You can also tell this is an older building because of the air conditioning units in the walls which are very loud. I should have requested where I stayed before. I had a view of the pool before and my unit was nicer and cleaner. There are also dead flowers in the lobby. The elevator is always out of order too. I also do not like the hard sales pitch to buy another condo. I am happy with what I already own and the convenience to stay wherever I want with RCI. I don't know if I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Royal Palms!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank spicky
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 9 November 2014
We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties during your stay. This is certainly not our Wyndham standards. We will have our maintenance team look into these issues to eliminate any future occurrences.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this resort over an "on the beach" resort to save money. It was a great decision. Our 2 bd 2 bath unit was completely updated with granite, flat screen tvs, very clean bathrooms, and a balcony. Weather was perfect. There were several pools on site. Plenty of activities, although it was our anniversary so we didn't do much. Hot tub was relaxing and just steps from the bar. Although not located on the beach it was about 5 miles away. And with the stay at Palm Aire you had free access to the Royal Vista resort that was on the beach. Staff was the friendliest we have ever had. Hands down. Very accommodating. The area surrounding the resort was not the greatest but we never felt threatened. Casino across the street, but we don't gamble. The buffet there we heard was amazing. We loved this resort so much we re booked and are taking the kids this summer.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
James and Jessi, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your anniversary. We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful time and the accommodations meet your expectations. We will certainly pass on to our staff your wonderful and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the summer when you bring the whole family.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Clean rooms, we rented the 4 bedroom Presidential & 2-2 bedroom Presidential for my son wedding! Everyone loved the accommodations! Good location with plenty of eating places around the resort! Safe & clean property! Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Deborah S
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you, Deborah for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. A Wedding is an exciting and wonderful event, but can be stressful as well for the family. We are happy to know that your accommodations with us was comfortable and we wish your Son and his new bride the best. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fantastic Wyndham hotel right on Pompano Beach( not even 100 feet).
Heart of Pompano, A 1A easiest route to drive, cabanas, umbrellas, 2 beachside pools, great food options delivered to your chairs and the usual Wyndham excellence.

Room Tip: Call two weeks before trip start and make a request. Plenty of ocean, pools etc.Wyndham green progr...
Green Features: General Wyndham operation practices in force at all their hotels. Have never seen any thing glaring and usually they lead the industry in this area through uniform practices and overall supervision by an employee.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Doc8484
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Good morning Doc8484,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to our Sister Properties on Pompano Beach. We hope that you will return to the Pompano Beach area for your next vacation and once again be a guest with us here at Palm Aire.

Have a wonderful day, we look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let me first start off by saying I just VERY recently had surgery (yesterday, May 27th) We checked in on the 25th. So obviously I am in need of a STERILE enviroment.
When we first arrived, of course we checked everything out.
I went into the bathroom and found a pubic hair in the jaccuzi tub. Disgusting but I decided to give this place the benefit of the doubt and shrug it off. Later that night, my mother came into my room with a pillow and told me to smell it. It smelled HEAVILY of cologne. HEAVILY, as if someone had just bathed in perfume and rubbed themselves all over the pillow. Again, I decided to give the benefit of the doubt figuring maybe the person who cleaned out the room had heavy cologne on. (although it was only one pillow that smelled).
The next day I decided to shower and when I entered the shower and looked down, the flooring was pretty dirty. Blackened and not the cleanest. Again, giving them the benifit of the doubt which I really should have stopped doing by then.
The night before my pre op doctors appointment I pulled out my laptop to map out my route since I'm not from here. The wifi comes and goes. It was terrible to the point where I couldn't figure any information out that I needed. The wifi was useless. The day of surgery, I was to leave very early morning. I went down to the front desk to use their computer to print out directions. And it became FAR more complicated than needed. You have to continuously switch through two different wifi networks to print anything out. I tried for about 13 minutes before giving up. I figure that this place wants to feel high and mighty and updated on technology which is why they set up the printer wirelessly. But really that is so pointless if its going to be so complicated to print a single thing out. It isn't hard to find someone to set this up properly, or to just set it up through wires. That was a joke. I am a tech savvy person, so I know I wasn't doing anything wrong. They even had instructions on the desk on how to switch through all the wifi networks to print. Ridiculous. I was 45 minutes late arriving for my surgery since I was directionless. I didn't expect for something so simple as printing directions out to be a huge issue.
Coming back from surgery, I needed to urinate badly. I was staying on one of the top floors. We got to our door and our card key didn't work. We had to go back and work it out with the desk. Somehow our card key turned into somebody elses which could not have been our fault because the card key never left our bags. We never put it down anywhere or used it for anything besides our room. No pool visits, no restaurant visits, no instance where our key could have been swapped. They fixed it for us though and we were able to enter the room. SOME of the employees were rude and ill mannered.
Being on bedrest I would like for the wifi to function so I can be kept entertained. The front desk had a tech come and try and sort everything. He said he would go reset the internet and still, it is not working properly. I have now given up on the wifi.
But today was the last straw, while eating breakfast in our room, my friend who is staying with us and sleeping in the same bed as me had a louse fall onto her hand. Again, just recently having surgery yesterday, lice is NOT something I need.
This place is a joke. Hands down the most terrible place I have and my family has ever stayed at. Repulsive and trashy. If you're looking for a decent place to stay, look elsewhere. This place has frustrated me to the max.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jae S
Cynthia F, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We take the cleanliness and comfort of each guest very seriously. I hope you reached out to our staff during your stay to address the cleanliness issue in your room. We want to ensure that we are meeting yours and our expectations on a daily basis. We are looking into the issue with the Wifi connection that you mentioned becoming intermiten at times. Thank you for making us aware of this situation so we have the chance to make it right. I hope your surgery went well and you have a fast recovery. Please reach out to us if we can be of any assistance.
St. Johns, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a choice of palm aire, sea gardens or royal vista, I am so glad we stayed here, It has by far the most entertaining which is what we like most, The people here were super accomodating and the place is gorgeous. We did pop into the other 2 wyndham resorts as a guest but was lucky to call palmaire our week long home. We'll be back for sure. There is alos a casino in walking distance and the beach is 15 minutes east on atlantic blvd. not to mention all the attractions by a1a too.

Room Tip: get the areca palm building, its the newest and most modern
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mark h
Mark thank you so much for staying with us here at Palm Aire, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and your stay. We look forward to your return visit with us. Have a wonderful day.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Myself and my 2 daughters stayed at this resort for 1 week from May 10 to the 17th before going on a cruise. I would have loved to have just stayed another week here instead of going on the cruise.(slight exaggeration there...really wouldn't have given up my cruise for the world!) The staff was so friendly. We arrived at 3am very tired as we had driven there from Toronto. Check in took about 5 mins. We had a deluxe 2 bedroom and the unit was gorgeous. We were on the 2nd floor so didn't have much of a view but things like that don't bother me. I never went out on the balcony anyways. I was always at a swimming pool or the lounge areas or playing mini golf or socializing. No problems with the water slide. The pool was closed 1 day due to severe lightning and thunder. We participated in Karaoke nights, watched a few shows they presented...its a very active place. Or you can relax in the spa. I have stayed at Wyndham Sea Gardens before as well but this resort is much much better. There are lots of things close by so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg feeding your family. There is a Super Walmart across the street so we just went grocery shopping. My older daughter ripped her fingernail and it was bleeding. We went to the front desk to get a band aid and the desk clerk took out the first aid kit and sprayed my daughter's finger with antibiotic spray and placed the band aid on her finger for her. I'm an RN and was quite impressed with the job the clerk did. Her name escapes me now but all the staff seemed to have the same attitude. Every single staff member always said hello and gave a big smile. They all seem to enjoy working together there. I saw the bartender handle some very difficult patrons. Never raised his voice and it even seemed the customers became louder. But within 10 mins they calmed down and i think it was because of the fact that his smile never left his face. The only negative thing is that the internet connection is very weak. I was unable to connect to the wifi in my bedroom but everywhere else in the unit you could connect but it would disconnect intermittently. The wifi worked well by the pool and lounge areas. I read reviews prior to staying here so I knew there might be some issues with the wifi anyways. I had also read reviews saying that ppl waited a long time for their room so planned my trip to arrive a little later so I wouldn't have to wait. I lived in South Florida prior and what people are saying about it being a rough neighborhood I would take with a grain of salt. I never at anytime felt unsafe even off the resort on the other side of the gates. I can't say enough good things about this place and I will definitely be back in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Choclaire
Thank you so much for taking the time to post on the TripAdvisor Site, we appreciate it very much. We are very glade to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay with us prior to going on a wonderful cruise. I'm sorry to hear about the incident with one of your daughters fingernail, that certainly does hurt very much, however, I am pleased that our staff was able to impress an RN with their first aid service. Once again, thank you so much for your king words, I will share this with our staff members. We look forward to your return visit to Wyndham Palm Aire in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Santa Barbara
#1 of 17 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!