“Great family retreat in a great location”
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
westminster,co
“Great family retreat in a great location”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I checked into another hotel and wasn't happy so I looked for something different and found this place. Boy to my surprise it was a pretty good choice. With four different sets of hotels all with pools all on one property there is plenty to do. First off it's a gated community so you need a reservation or room key to enter the property. Second all the pools can be used by any guest from any of the 4 hotels. Property is not so big that you have to walk a mile either. Along with all the amenities I'll mention in a minute there are 3 Golf courses to be played ( I played them all ). Thirdly I liked that the rooms have a full kitchenette and a decent sized balcony ( atleast my room did ) , balcony is very important to me when traveling. My room had no spectacular view by any means. But it was clean and very open, only a half wall seperating the bed and livingroom / kitchen area. Bathroom had a jetted tub with shower, toilet and small sink. One of my favorite things about the room was I was able to plug my HDMI cord for my IPad into the back of the flatscreen TV so I could watch movies. For me this is another must have for any hotel. Last but not least for all the reviewers who say there's nothing to do and this place is boring well here's a list of things you must have over looked. There is a pool at all 4 hotels behind the Royal Palm hotel ( where I stayed ) there is also Tennis courts, Basketball court and shuffle board court. Again pools at the other 2 hotels and at the Main Hotel where you check-in at there is a pool with a water slide ( which is adult friendly and fast) , they have a activities room with arcade games, board games and videos you can rent. There is also a Ping Pong table near the pool, and small pool area for the wee lil ones. Next to the pool area is a long shaded lounge area with TV's and bar and a small cafe to by some food and drinks. In the same area between buildings there is a very nice sand Volleyball court and a box filled with other beach toys for the kids. Right next to the volleyball court is a 18 hole Putt Putt golf course ( nothing fancy but still ), there's a small playground for kids and again 3 Golf courses to choose from. So with all that going on you should be able to find something to do and if that still not enough there's a Casino for Adults across the street. If you got your own transportation then there's always the beach.
I very was very pleased with this resort and glad I found it. I met some really friendly people from all over the USA and had a really good bonding experience with my son. I only wish the rest of my family was with us to enjoy it too. I wasn't a fan of these type of resorts before but this one has opened my mind to maybe try another one. If in the Pompano, Ft Lauderdale area I recommend this resort it is also right near the Florida Turnpike exit. Which I wish i would have known before hand.

Room Tip: at the Royal Palms ask to have a view of the tennis courts.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, 9 November 2014
Thank you for the nice review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We spent about two weeks there and do enjoyed the nice weather of Florida, had good times playing mini-golf and at the swimming pool.

The room was big and comfortable enough for two adults and two kids, providing all necessary furniture to make that place our base to return and relax after exploring places around, like Las Olas, the museum, Fort Lauderdale 'so beach and tons of shopping options.

Housekeeping services are provided only once a week, but we're able to keep our place in shape with minimum efforts.

To count on a full equipped kitchen helped a lot, making available alternatives to American food, that's not that bad but doesn't work so fine after some days.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Waldir José O
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The bathroom was dirty I call three time to tell them we didn't have any towels our remote no one came to clean it our bring the item until I call back the next day and the bed sleep bad I call to see if thay have a new mattress and I got a mattress cover

Room Tip: The room is decoration nice but I've stayed in much better grounds have a lot amenities for chi...
Green Features: I would not come back here our tell anyone I know.
2 Thank Becky E
We are sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with cleanliness issues. We know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and you did not receive this. Please rest assured we will have our housekeeping staff address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. Thank you for making us aware.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our week long stay at the Wyndham Palm Aire Resort was no fun at all. We could have stayed home and had a better time. Some of the staff really lack in customer service skills. During the checking process my wife and I really felt unwelcomed. We really felt as though we were bothering the girl who checked us in. Although the two bedroom suite we received was very spacious, it needs some attention. We had to be very careful not to leave any containers or food open to avoid roaches getting in. We kept our cloths in our suite cases to avoid taking roaches home. Additionally, this resort does not offer much in the way of activities and it is located in a struggling area. We were concerned about walking around the neighborhood. We had to take day trips to other areas of Florida to avoid getting bored. We ran across several families that stated they would have preferred to stay at the resort if there enough to keep their children busy. We will not be returning to this particular resort (Not enough to do and unfriendly staff).

Green Features: Some of the staff (not all) can use some customer service and communications training.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hectormmar
We are so disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. It is imperative that our guests are treated well and our units exceed expectations. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

They have done a great job with the renovation of Palm Aire interiors, which have always been a cut above anyway. The new carpeting and furniture is beautiful, and the rooms are as spacious as any timeshare I have been in, and we have been guests in hundreds. The pools are great, and there are enough of them spread around to keep the crowd levels to a minimum. Our grandchildren love the place, and although it is about 7 miles from the Ocean, the shuttle to the sister resort is outstanding.

Room Tip: Trip Advisor must stop requiring this box to be completed
Green Features: "they are green standard!" and you must stop requiring this box to be filled in to complete a report or I will stop entirely. I have reduced my reports as you can tell
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you, for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back very soon!
ny
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I would not recommend this place mainly because of the area it is located in an also an element of people that go there. We stayed 5 days and left to go somewhere else it's not that the rooms are not clean or the staff wasn't nice, in fact the staff were extremely nice and helpful ! However the area that this place is located is not that safe 3 days into the trip there were 2 people killed a criminal was seen in our resort and there were police choppers circling for about 45 min with cops everywhere and they could not find him . Another day right outside the resort a car was pulled over and cops had these guys at gun point ! JUST LIKE THE SHOW COPS ! ( cool ) . We drove most days to Deerfield Beach and to there other resort on the water, much nicer area. But as always you would always see a seen from cops when you travel back and forth from this resort.

Room Tip: When you get in your rm make sure everything works, one toilet seat fell off and faucet in shower fe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank turbo62665
We appreciate the feedback regarding security on property and surrounding areas. Our guests should feel safe and relaxed when staying at our resort. Please know we do have security officers on site for the protection of all our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Barrow, Alaska
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family and I visited this location for a BIG family outing. My in-laws as well as our family traveled. We had a 1BD and a 2BD in the Royal Palms building. It only had two stories and not very many units in the building so this location was much quieter than by the lobby. We enjoyed that they had many things to do for the children since we had 5 children that traveled with us.

The only thing that bummed the children out is that the slide closed at 630p every night at the main pool so if we went out to Fort Lauderdale for the day, by the time we got back it was too late for the kids to enjoy the water slide. The resort units were beautiful. The kitchens had everything we needed in them as well as a large dining room table so a few of the nights we just stayed in and cooked dinner.

This specific location isn't too far from the beach. They do allow you to use your parking pass and travel to it's sister location (Royal Vista) and park in their parking lot so you won't have to worry about a parking spot at the beach. Can't wait to go back in July this year for another family trip!

Room Tip: If you don't want to be in all the noise of the resort, ask to be placed in the back buildings o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thunter1282010
Wow, what a nice title to your review, thank you so much! While we love hearing that our guests enjoy the rooms and hotel amenities. It truly means a lot. We really do love our guests, and we're so happy that you enjoyed Wyndham Palm-Aire. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
#9 of 37 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Santa Barbara
#1 of 16 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!