“Average Spot”

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days, room was ok, decent pool area, customer service is in need of some help! Asked for a pack & play for my 2 yr old twice, it never showed up! Kids screaming/running around the hall ways late at night & resort staff could use some training with regards to customer service.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

We are so disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. It is imperative that our guests are treated well. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

First, check in was easy and expedient, the staff here are always looking to help someone. I checked in with my three teenage nephews, the room was clean and better than what I expected. It always help when the room where you are staying makes you feel comfortable like at home. We all enjoyed ourselves. There was plenty to do, just check with the staff. Thanks again for a Pleasant and relaxing stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is not the first trip to this resort. The location of the resort is ideal. It is 3 mile from the beach, and blocks from Northern Ft. Lauderdale, 35 miles from Miami, 15 miles from Boca Raton, etc., etc. If you have a car, the area is full of activities, shopping, beaches, banks, just everything. There is a mega Walmart across the street, and a casino across the street too (although I've never been in it).
The resort has 3 swimming pools and a hot tub. It has a gym, which is very complete, especially for a resort. There's a spa, and many activities daily. Karaoke is 2x a week, and more fun than most with some very active participants, including the staff!
The resort always seems to have a melting pot of people staying there as guests, and it is a friendly place where people greet each other.
All resorts have sales presentations, but it can be just informational if that's what you want it to be.
The units are updated, but this is not a 5 star resort. It is perhaps 3 1/2 - 4 stars.

Room Tip: Any view you get is pretty good once you are at the 3rd floor or above. Some may prefer a pool view...
2  Thank Traveholica
Joseph L, Assistant Guest Service Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

What a great review, thank you for your kind words. We always love hearing from our guests and appreciate your feedback. We will share these with our staff. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We arrived to a unit that had brown water, safe not working, dirty linen, shower not draining, so I requested to move to another unit. They moved us to a smaller unit that was very uncomfortable for 2 adults and 4 teenagers, but they did not care. The staff said we could have stayed in the larger unit and boiled our water before use. This was unacceptable. The main hot tub stopped working properly at the Sable Pool are, the gas grill ignitor did not work, clean pool towels were a challenge every day unless you got up early to grab them. This resort needs a lot of work and updates. The wi-fi works sometimes. To end our trip, as we were packing, we observed a huge cockroach! This was probably a nice resort when it first opened but it has obviously been neglected and the staff is not concerned with whether the guests are having a nice time or not. I would not recommend this resort and please do not buy timeshare here!

Room Tip: Make sure you check your unit before unpacking to make sure everything is working properly.
2  Thank Dana S

We were very sad when we read your review. We really care about our guest happiness and have rectified many of the issues you experienced. However, we do understand that it caused a major inconvenience, and we apologize for that. We know we can do better and hope that you will give us another chance to prove that to you. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome time here. The resort has south to offer for everyone to do. The room was very clean and roomy. Pools and spa was wonderful. Alex the massage therapist is excellent. The daily activities were wonderful for the entire family. We definitely had lots of fun along with relaxation.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Kim B,
Thanks for your review. We're happy that we could provide you with the three C's; clean, comfortable and convenient! We hope that you can stay for longer next time, you're certainly very welcome!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I wanted to do a "Pros and Cons" review of this resort, but I decided just to share my personal experience. Check-in is at 4pm (really...?) BUT I checked in at 10am just for a place to put my bags, and they had a room ready. When I first called I spoke to a woman who sounded like she had no desire to be there let alone pick up the phone. I already got a bad impression. I check-in and was told to speak to the concierge about vacation ownership and a free gift. Sounded real simple and they said the seminar was 1 1/2hr TOPS. Well... I'll get to that later. I arrived at the room (Royal Palms 2br suite across the street from the main building), and despite the bad reviews its gotten, I actually found it to be very nice. The rooms are very spacious, and had everything I needed for almost a week stay including kitchen supplies. My only complaint was the upkeep. The AC's were old and loud. The sliding doors to the balconies were ALL broken in some way. Some of them just needed bolts tightened. The pool is small but secluded and quiet. I spent most of my time there instead of the main pool. It was located away from any rooms so they typically left you alone at night to go swimming whenever you wanted. I liked that. I checked out the pool bar and the bartender (Mitch) was everything a bartender SHOULD be. He was social, funny, and he recommended new and different types of drinks. Even his own creations. He was also very helpful and informative. They chose a good bartender and would do well to keep him there. Prices are fair, I'm including everything from the room price, the bar, and the cafe. The food from the cafe was very good. The area around the resort was nice, everything you could possibly need for a long stay. Theres a casino across the street that wasnt bad.Overall I enjoyed my stay here, it was nice, would I stay here again? It probably wont be on my list of "must returns"

Now for the nightmare review... the vacation ownership presentation. They will soften you up with a "free 7 day stay at any Wyndham worldwide" gift which SOUNDS nice but if I could do it all over again, its not worth it whatsoever. They will want a $20 deposit and set up an appointment for you to attend a group presentation. You'll attend a slideshow presentation with a speaker who sounds like hes done this 9,459,390,875 times before you. He will use his own personal family experiences and tragedies as a SELLING POINT only. Then, when they get you all alone, they will tell you not to waste their time if your not interested in buying, and then proceed to interrogate if "you want to learn more". They dont want to TEACH you more, they want you to start signing things. They will hit you with the "no pressure" and the "dont confuse their passion for their jobs with their pressure" excuses. The woman I had threw a bunch of numbers around and eventually confused herself to the point where she brought in the big guns. The managers. This dude was invasive and rude. Analyzing my salary and what I make and what I do for a living and trying to convince me that i SHOULD afford this. Finally I had to cut it short, the pressure was ridiculous. I've always been interested in a timeshare or a vacation ownership, and I might've looked further into it had they not been so unprofessional and pushy. Wyndham and other resorts should REALLY pick a better time and place to do this kind of salesman antic. Not on peoples vacations, pressuring them to the point they feel uncomfortable. They either need a new team, or a new procedure. They come off as blood thirsty animals.

Lastly, make sure you stop and check out Pompano Beach waterfront restaurants. They have alot of good restaurants right by the water. And a fishing pier to take a walk down.

Room Tip: I've seen alot of negative reviews about the Royal Palms. Although it doesnt have the best view...
6  Thank wassupjonnyg

Your feedback is very important, and we are going to look into the items you mentioned right away. Thanks for mentioning the staff. We love our guests and are happy that Mitch made you feel welcome! Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope that you will be able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I was totally the misled by the concierge staff upon check-in regarding the purpose of the presentation. I was told it was an informational presentation for RCI owners. That being said when I just closed my displeasure to the sales staff… I was treated very inappropriately! I had to ask over and over and over again just to get my $20 back. Instead of complying with my request, another high-pitched management representative came over to not only question me but interrogate me as to my intentions on coming on a sales presentation. They were very rude when they figured out that I was not here to buy. Just beware!! Would not recommend this company to anyone. High pressure sales pitch. I own two time shares of never been treated like this buy it for sale stuff. Buyer beware!

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Katrn58
Joseph L, Asst. Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Your experience was not the norm for our property. We are really sorry that you didn't have a positive check-in experience and do hope that you will give us a chance to make it up. We always appreciate guest feedback and will look into the items you mentioned asap. Thank you for your review and hope that you will give Wyndham Palm-Aire another chance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
#19 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Sea Steps Suites
Sea Steps Suites
#8 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!