“Bed Bugs!!!!”

Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 January 2009

BED BUGS!!!! We had a nice time while there - large condo-style unit, beautiful heated pools, free mini-golf. However, I was bitten by BED BUGS! I discovered this when I got home and was covered in over 150 bites - mostly on my arm and neck. I went to the doctor who diagnosed my problem. Very painful and itchy! I called the hotel and left a voice message with the manager who NEVER called me back. Stay away until you have proof they are dealing with this problem!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank BoggleQueen
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Palm-Aire

Reviewed 11 January 2009

My family and I stayed at Palm-Aire for one night in mid-February. The resort is very pretty, with lush palm trees and a courtyard with a large pool and recreation area. We liked our room a lot – a spacious 2-bedroom with a balcony overlooking the pool. The resort is older, but it is well-maintained.
The area where the resort is located offers a lot of amenities, too. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, and there’s a racetrack/casino across the street. We didn’t have the time to take advantage of it, but we saw many onsite activities advertised. The staff was very friendly, and offered us advice on things to see and do in the area. We did get to enjoy the pool, which was clean and warm. They have a nice kid’s area for the younger guests to run and wade in; my kids loved it! We were pretty tired by then, and we missed coconut bowling, but, based on the cheers we kept hearing, I’m sure it was a blast.
We recommended this resort to several friends and relatives who often travel to the Fort Lauderdale/Pompano Beach area. As Wyndham owners, we later booked a 2-night stay for my brother-in-law and his family. They absolutely loved it, and were offered free breakfast buffet and a dining card.
I recommend this hotel to young singles, couples, and families. The highway is nearby, and Miami is only a few exits away.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank bklynmomof6
Reviewed 8 January 2009

After reading some bad reviews, I was a little bit worried about staying at the Palm Aire. It was actually one of the best vacations I've ever taken! We arrived at around 8pm after a 20 hour drive from Michigan and were very excited with the way that the resort looked. The person at the front desk was very friendly and got us our room keys very quickly and we were on our way. Our room was AMAZING! There were 8 of us girls in a 2 bedroom suite with 2 full beds, a king bed and a pull out sleeper sofa. This was more than enough room for us all! We stayed for a whole week. 5 of the days we went to the sister hotel on the beach. It only took about 5 minutes to get to the other hotel and the beach front was nice and close to the parking garage. We had wraps inside the shop at this hotel and they were delicious! The other two days, we chose to stay at the palm-aire and hang out by the pool. The two main pools were large and well-kept. The only problem was that the hot tub was a little too hot to sit in. They have a slide made for children, but we all took a turn on it! It was fun:)

Stayed: December 2008
3  Thank woodsy528
Reviewed 7 January 2009

As Wynham points owners we decided a break in the warm sout Florida region over the XMas break was needed. The Palm-Aire fit the profile we were looking for but some negative reviews had us a little on edge.
Not too worry. This is a fine resort. Room was updated, spotless and the beds were very comfortable.
Pool and playground area is fine. The golf is half-price $40-43 after 11AM and the courses were in good condition. (Played the Oaks, Pines and Sabal)
Some little things however get in the way of a being an excellent resort. Some emloyees have an attitude problem. They gave us a $50 Gift Certificate for listening to the upsell program. (Avoid if you can) So my wife chooses the 45 min massage that was on "Special" After the massage they advise the certificate can't be used on a special. Ridiculous!
Would we go back? Yes. Is it a must do? No

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank coldcoq
Reviewed 31 December 2008

We stayed at the resort for only 2 days so I didn't have enough time to see the whole resort. This is a Wyndham timeshare resort, so the units are condos, rather than just a room. Our unit was a 2 bedroom, Very spacious and nicely done. We had a couple of problems with our room, the hot tub leaked and the coffee pot was broken. We asked the front desk for a new coffee pot and they brought us a toaster!! ;) We tried one of the resort recommeded resturants, the Blue Moon, for lunch. It was wonderful! You can sit outside on the patio and watch the boats go by on the river that is behind the resturant. Comming from New Mexico, we don't have any resturants that have river views, so this was really special for us:) The food was great too!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TootiesTravels
Reviewed 28 December 2008

I went to Florida with a few of my friends and my long time girlfriend hoping to have the time of my life but I was sadly disappointed. We arrived after our long drive from Maryland and was impressed by the overall appeal of the resort but when we entered to check-in we were rudely welcomed. I believe that since we were college students with no money and the resort was trying to sell timeshares they did not care to deal with us. They gave us our room and I was in the master bedroom with my girlfriend. After a day my girlfriend began to notice some bites on her body that itched profusely. After a close inspection we found that I had these bites as well and that we had bed bugs in our room. WE WERE FURIOUS!!! We contacted the front desk and they thought we were lying. We had to show them our bites and have an inspection of our room before we could do anything. After arguing with the front desk we were finally able to move to a different room. We had to pack up everything and clean all of our clothes and throw away our luggage (as recommended by the private inspector) before we could change rooms. When we arrived to the new room we found that it was half the size of our old room and did not accommodate everyone. We had to argue again with the front desk to change rooms. Once again we had to get all of our items and move again to another room with no help from anyone in the resort. We asked for compensation and they said they could not refund us any money, which left us in awe. The only thing they provided us with was a $75 gift card to Target to replace our luggage, which was worth much more. This was a horrible time we spent on vacation and I recommend no one stay at this resort. They told us this was the first case of bed bugs they ever had but after talking with the maid we found that this has happened before.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank bigben8115
Reviewed 20 December 2008

I agree with the other recent reviews. Our 2 bdr unit on the 6th floor was very spacious and well appointed with a palm theme. The beds were not very comfortable or new, the king bed was too hard and the doubles were too soft. Furniture was adequate, not too worn. A disappointment was the small balcony with only 2 chairs and small table. Cable TV was extensive including HBO. The free wifi worked great in the unit, which I really appreciated. I didn't get a chance to use the two nice-looking resorty pool areas. They also have live music sometimes and inexpensive pool-side cocktails. I did get to play mini-golf, but there were lots of unsupervised destructive kids detracting from the experience. We also played the Palm golf course, which was a nice, acceptable course, not great, but a super value for guests at $26 with cart after 1pm. That's as cheap as it gets in this area. There are also two driving ranges that you can walk to. If you like golf, and like cheap green fees, this may be a good choice for you. Otherwise, it's a 15 minute drive past I-95 down Atlantic to the beach where you would prefer to be than here, believe me. In walking distance is a Winn-Dixie supermarket (not a very good store), and a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant, which is good. Of course the race (horse) track and casino are across busy Powerline Blvd. Beware of the concierge who convinced us to attend a presentation even though we said we weren't interested in buying more weeks. "It's only a survey of how you like the property" she replied, which was a lie, as well as the Visa gift card she promised (they give out restaurant gift cards only). Still, the $75 gift was worth putting up with the hour of listening to the typical timeshare sales BS. Our meal at Maggiano's in Boca was fantastico. In the area, the Morikami Japanese Gardens are fabulous, and make sure to do a boat trip on the Ft. Lauderdale Canals. We did the holiday lights cruise which was nice. Carrie B is the better of the companies.

• Stayed: December 2008
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Santa Barbara
#1 of 18 in Pompano Beach

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!