“Get what you pay for. ”

Coral Tides Resort and Beach Club
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We spent our last night of our week long family vacation at this hotel. We were looking for a reasonable hotel with direct beach access. We did get a hotel for $100 with direct beach access, but it was all down hill from there.

I would recommend steering clear of room #5. We arrived for check in at 5:55 pm and the office was closed. Granted we did receive a call from the hotel at 4:45 pm confirming our check in and that they closed at 6pm. When we walked into our room I had an uneasy feeling. The carpets were filthy ( seeing other rooms with tile floor perhaps ours was one of few with carpet). The bathroom/kitchen tile floors were gross, not just stained, but dirty and we had visitors in the kitchen and shower (LG cockroaches) that were alive!

The whole room just had a gross feel of filth throughout. If I wouldn't have already paid and the front desk closed I definately would of ran from this place.

The beach access was great, except I never have seen so much sea weed and plants along the beach (no fault of hotel).

Overall it made us want to go home which I guess could be a good thing at the end of vacation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ChrisMovick

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This little hotel is wonderful!! The homey, CLEAN atmosphere, the gorgeous view, the sweet and helpful staff and well, just the whole place was terrific from the moment I got there.

My room was HUGE!!! 2 bathrooms, 1 for company, my goodness, what a treat :D It was like a BIG apartment for 1 person.

The patio outside the back slider allowed me to listen to the ocean and see it's beauty and MY room was on the side of the hotel which tells me, EVERY ROOM has a great view AND keep in mind, this is all for the SAME rate "regular" rooms cost in most hotels I've ever been to.

The other guests were quiet, WONDERFUL. No loud music, screaming or anything like that.

The wifi didn't work in my room but, was only a few feet away on the "front balcony". I liked this little hotel so much that, I will bring my own wifi next time and there WILL be a next time :)

Thank you to, Stephanie, Diana, Miles and all of the staff at Coral Tides, I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Booked through Priceline to visit family while they were down. The room was large studio with kitchen and sitting area. The bed seemed like it was brand new, great deal. We almost couldn't get in because they close at 3pm on Sunday and gratefully someone was in the office. Nice quiet area to walk around with some local bars and cafés a block away.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wrx2ndregime
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Right on the beach, on a quiet street. Pompano Beach appears not to be a cool place to be for midwinter break, so neither the town nor the beach were crowded.

We were in a 1-bedroom apartment. Windows on the north and south sides (beach to the east), so we had angled views of the ocean. Cool & airy, never needed the AC. Full galley kitchen, plenty of utensils, dining table with chairs, ceiling fans, plenty of drawer space, couch & recliner.

The Down Side. In a nutshell, there doesn't seem to be any maintenance of the physical plant. The venetian blinds in the bedroom did not work properly--would not go up, would not tilt (had to adjust each slat by hand), and about six inches of one slat was broken off entirely. Stains on the ceiling (leak?). Stains on the wall.

Some of the chairs were literally falling apart. Sittable, but don't lean back. Armoire drawer (in the living room) wouldn't close all the way. More stains on the LR ceiling, and all over the carpet. Mirrored wall in LR had a chip out of it. Outside corner of wall into kitchen coming apart. Smoke detector literally hanging by its wires (I put it back in place, what a manly man I am!). Microwave hanging off the wall. The cable wallplate was pulled out from the wall; the screws had been put directly into the wallboard, without anchors, and had pulled free. Easy fixable with anchors or mollies, but no one had. Some walls had apparemtly been patched, but not sanded before being repainted.

Worst was the air conditioners. Two thru-the-wall units, the vents on both of them liberally mildewed. Nothing a toothbrush and a little bleach wouldn't fix, but no one had done it. Very glad we didn't need them. And who knows what the insides looked like?

The outside too was run down. The patio outside our room (12) was halfway through being refinished, but no work was done on it the week we stayed there.

The property is not smoke-free, although the rooms are. People smoke outside their rooms, and the smoke drifts through the open windows--ours included. Ecch.

Parking's tight. You may end up parked behind someone, or someone behind you. We were always lucky, but the day we left another fellow was stuck because he couldn't find the person who was parked behind him.

We won't stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank markmary95
Reviewed 9 January 2014

After a long search we decided on Coral Tides and were not disappointed. Located on Briny Avenue it was our perfect beachfront getaway. We had a second floor ocean view room which overlooked the pool and extended out to the sea. The room was spacious with a full kitchen including a dishwasher and microwave. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and everything was very clean. Maid service every day with lots of fluffy towels. This is a fully stocked studio. Along with appliances there were many amenities including an Iron,Hairdryer, blender,filtered water, toaster, coffee maker, and shampoo/conditioner/lotion dispenser in the shower. Just to name a few. The manager Diana was always helpful and accommodating. The beach is raked every day and goes on forever. Lots of Coral can be found washed up every morning. Hence the name Coral Tides. Volleyball net, and lots of beach towels.
We can't say enough about this place, it's off the beaten path but close enough to walk and get breakfast in the morning or a cocktail in the evening. It is a classic old Florida hotel. With many modern conveniences. We are so looking forward to our next visit. Thank you so much to Diana and her staff. You made our winter getaway one to remember and we will be back.

Room Tip: I would choose the second floor studios with the ocean view. Or the first floor ocean view corner r...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wishiwasincapecod
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had party of 6 adult and one child. We rented two rooms, one room had 2 bed/2 bath spacious living room, opening dining room , small kitchen with a pool and ocean view. Second room had 1 bedroom 2 bathroom, with a park view. Great place to hang, bbq, swim and have private vacations without
the large crowds.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank chatyo01
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Couldn't be more satisfied everything went great., was above and beyond my expectations, felt right at home, very comfortable . The Beach was absolutely breath taking, beautiful and calm, very long beach with white sands. My son fell in love with the beach turtles, he did not want to leave them. I guess we all know what hell be getting for his birthday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family