“Happily Ever After”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
pompano
“Happily Ever After”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

My husband and I were married here in May. The weekend was wonderful!! Our family reserved rooms and our whole weekend was extremely special. The grounds are well maintained, quiet and charming. The view and ambiance are unbeatable. We chose The Ebb Tide for it's quiet, charming and casual environment. Our weekend was all we had hoped for!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Suwanee, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I'll start with the good - nice grounds with beautiful foliage, lots of places to sit and gather, grills, tiki huts, etc. The pool was nice. When we arrived the hotel seemed to be full but because it is not large, it didn't feel too crowded. The resort is directly on the beach, and although the sand looks "dirty" compared to the white sands of Destin, it was soft to walk on and didn't get too hot. The people who run the resort were friendly. Now the not-so-good. I slept on the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. Very hard and very bouncy and small (a double - not a queen). The blinds in the room didn't work and had to be manually manipulated. They were not large enough for the window and light poured in at 6:30am. I had a small kitchen. They ask you to clean the dishes but don't give you dish soap. They also don't give you shampoo - just a bar of soap. They did not give you extra towels - there we two of us - they gave us two towels. If you want a beach towel you have to rent it from them. If they would put a little more effort in to the rooms they wouldn't look so run down. Our mirrors were so old that the outer edges were no longer reflective. There were cracked tiles. The window casings looked to be full of mildew (which I know is common in south Florida). There was no stopper for the sink in the bathroom. No clock in the room. The place has potential but needs alot of sprucing up and some new beds. I would not stay here again unless they did some renovating. Fortunately, the price was really low - probably got what I paid for.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Ebbtider, Owner at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort in Pompano Beach, Florida, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Thank you for your review of the Ebb Tide Resort. Both good and not so good comments are truly appreciated. Many of the rooms have been renovated but not all at this time. I would expect that a complete renovation will be at least one more year from now and then I will start over again. The grounds were my first concern since most guests are outside of their rooms. Although several of the rooms are acceptable, there are many repairs that still need attention. I try to minimize the room rate and therefore amenities are not put in the rooms, but are always available through the office, most at no charge whatsoever. It was kind of you to say that you will come back if and when the renovations are complete, but many rooms are already there. If you ask the front desk, we will be most honest as to which rooms need some help and which do not. Please give me another chance when you are visiting Pompano Beach.
Powell, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

My husband and I enjoyed every minute of our three-night stay. Forget the high rise hotel. Stay where you have it all...and right at your feet: beautiful, well-maintained property, tall manicured hedges providing privacy, a clean pool, a fun tiki hut for enjoying time with family/friends, the ocean at your back door, and an owner and her right hand gal who keep it all in tip top shape. It was our first visit to Pompano Beach and to Ebb Tide. We want to go back and when we do you can bet we'll be staying at Ebb Tide. Great place Karen and Susan!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Longueuil, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

My wife and I had stayed in elsewhere in Pompano for several years. We actually stumbled on this place because our usual place was not returning phone calls for reservations. When I called The Ebb Tide I was greeted by a human voice (Susan) ....From then on everthing was GREAT. Upon arrival all house rules were clearly explained, room was ready and clean, view of the ocean was SUPERB, we were made to feel at home from the start, resort grounds are very secure, walking distance to restaurants and shops, prices were quite reasonable....Next time we head for Pompano I hope they will have a room available.

Room Tip: 2nd floor ocean view. Room number 24 or 25
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Southwest UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights for a busniess trip. The owners are lovely, helpful people. The rooms were quite clean, although there was an issue with ants in the kitchen getting into the food. The 'free' wifi only worked on the first day and even then it kept cutting out. The accomodation is right on the beach and very close to a Walgreaves supermarket (less than 5min walk), Bank of America (next to the the supermarket) and Briny Irish Pub (a few minutes walk down the road).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Kings Lynn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

We loved our trip here. If you are looking for a friendly, clean hotel in a great location, look no further! We stayed for a week in this hotel and then we booked to return again for the last couple of days of our holiday. Homely rooms, not for those of you who want really modern rooms with new furniture... but this place feels like old Florida - loved it!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

My wife was delighted after coming to this beautiful place. I would like to share my experience From where to start a great place to stay ,amazing view ,the place is full of nice staff ready to help whenever needed. The cleanliness was good Spotlessly clean rooms overlooking the ocean .Thanks to Ebb Tide Resort you made my weekend wonderful.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business