The Forum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Atlantic Inn Motel(Pompano Beach)
Wyndham Palm-Aire(Pompano Beach)
  • Pool
Economy Inn(Pompano Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewscold cerealincluded a continental breakfastfaith basedflat screen tvboiled eggsfort lauderdalecleanliness and comfortplace to sleepyogurtworked greatshort stayclean hotelcoffee makermicrowavecruiseconditionermiami
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is a christian owned, converted hospital. Security is good and requires a key card to enter the building, your floor and your room. Breakfast is included, but is minimal. Rates are reasonable. No drinking or smoking is allowed and you sign that you will not under a $250 penalty if you violate the rules. Room was clean as was the bathroom. Both are bare bones. If you are not looking for luxury and want a reasonable priced stay, this may be just the place. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. Picture an ICU in a hospital. The nurses station in the middle and rooms in a circle around it. This is the lay out.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Nicole O, Director of Sales at The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

Thank you so much for the review. Thank you for the specific comments about the building being safe. We strive to make each guest feel like this is a safe place to stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Although I had only planned for one night, James at reception was able to find another night for me (something about one of their two 'emergency' rooms). Funny thing, I ended up staying for a lot longer, and I cannot definitively explain why. Surge, very graciously decided later on that I could have an open ended stay. Really, quite a meaningful jesture.
In all honesty, overall, I might ordinarily rate a three, but looking back and taking it all in, I think a four for certain. Surge is probably the main reason why.
Here, one really must look beyond what they come to expect when they think 'hotel'. At Marie Green, it is much more.
Only eight minutes drive from a very nice Pompano Beach beach front yet, The Forum is not easy to find or get to. Favorite thing about the hotel? Relaxing in the open 'living room' on the comfy leather sofas meeting and chatting with my new/and old Puerto Rican friend, Wil, who I still think has an 'inside track' to someone very special to me. And, I do remember something about Marie Green offering hope -
I am being good.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for the excellent review and the specific feedback of our front desk staff. This is helpful in improving our services. We appreciate you very much and hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I am the Ohio snowbird looking for a place to stay one night cheap (100-150 affordable) with my family prior to going on a cruise in Miami area. After driving 24 hours straight I did not want to stay in a flea-bag with rum-dums and vagrants roaming the parking lot and drunks partying till 3am in the hall ways. After 95% of all reviews on travel sites alleging horrible experiences with most hotels in this price range I decided on the Forum. The hotel is in an odd area. Industrial-quasi business but the parking lot is clean and well lit. There appears to be a child daycare and a medical facility (dialysis) running out of the bottom floor. The lobby appeared to be very clean. My experience started on a bad note as I walked up to the desk, a younger woman approached saying she wanted to cancel her reservation after seeing her room. Uh - Oh. I didn't want to return to the car to face road weary wife and daughters and hunt from hotel to hotel to find a room so I proceeded to check in. The elevator appeared clean and in good working condition. When we entered the hall all of the walls and tile floor appeared clean. We then entered into a large circular room - this is where you could tell it was a former hospital. There is a large clean sitting area and a computer with printer. Our room was sufficient and moderately clean. I have paid more and seen much worse on the road. The bathroom, while small, is good enough to get the job done. Bed was checked for bugs and stains by wife and passed. Pillows and bedspread were actually in good / comfortable condition. Believe me, if my 12 and 16 yr. old girls had any objections, there would have been problems. The thing about the Forum is it is QUIET and I felt safe the entire stay. I didn't have to sleep with one eye open or constantly check out the window for my car in the parking lot like most places off a major interstate. We had the breakfast in the morning and it was sufficient and the general crowd appeared to be old folks and families. Over all good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Raymond N
Nicole O, Director of Sales at The Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the detailed review and the points made about our hotel being safe and quite. We try our very best to make you feel like you are at home here. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This is my first day. When I first called to mashampooeservations I told front desk person how many people are my party. He told me the price and I asked him to confirm it and was there any extra fees I should know about, he said no and confirmed the price. When we got in he charged us more than what was confirmed, and said we told him the wrong amount of guests. So they tell u 1 price then charge u more. Got into the room and the floor was wet big fan blowing trying to dry it. Found out later the shower is a very slow drainer (reason for the carpet to be wet). And the room I was promised I didnt get. no soap, no shampoo, no dishes of any kind even though there's a kitchenette. As for now I rate it low, i'll change it depending on how the rest of my stay goes.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review. I looked into the best I could and I apologize if you were misquoted. We do charge $10 for extra persons in the room. If you have a child under 5, there is only a $5 charge. Additionally, there is a 11% tax that we must charge. Again, I apologize this happened. We make every effort to honor what we quote and in the future, if you give us another chance, please request to speak to Nicole Oliva. I am the sales manager and can make sure you rate is what we quoted. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had heard about The Forum on Orbitz as well through another missionary and thought it would be a good place to stay.
I was 100% wrong.

We called from the Tri Rail station to see if there was a shuttle and was informed that there was none but a taxi cost $10.
So we took a taxi there for $22. Not the $10.

When we arrived by taxi, at check in, we were informed by the black girl working at the front desk that they needed a credit card for incidentals.
I gave them my card and they declined it although there was money on it.
The black lady announced it was declined and that I need to call my bank.
She could have done this very subtle but was very rude and very loud and seemed to take some sort of satisfaction in humiliating me in front of my wife and other guests.
It was after noon on a Saturday and my bank was closed so I could not call and get them to help.

She also told me that my reservation was not until 3 pm and I could not get a room until then, and the time was 1:30.
When I booked with Orbitz, it said 1:30 and not 3 pm.
I was then told that if my card did not work, they would need a $200 cash deposit, again I did not have that on me.
So I informed the "lady" again that I did not have that and she said that they could not give me a room.
I told her that Orbitz did not say anything about that either.

She then began to lecture me about most hotels requiring a deposit, which I chimed in that I worked for Holiday Inn in the past.
In certain situations they let that waive especially if you offer up your Passport.
Again with the authoritarian tone, she continued that she also works for other hotels.
In all my 35+ years of traveling I have never been lectured publicly or insulted in front of my wife and other customers.
This would never have happened at a place like Disney World or Trump Tower.
I am amazed that she works here at all.

I asked her if she could keep my Passport for a deposit as I have done that before and had no problems doing that, she said no.
I then asked for a full refund so I could get another hotel.
She called for the manager and asked me to sit which I refused as I had been sitting in airports and trains for 6 hours.
After 10 minutes he came over and I explained to him the situation.

In addition to this when she gave my the room key, it did not work, so we had to come back down there.
When we did, the manager followed my wife up and made sure the key worked.
The manager took care of the problem.

As far as the room, it was so-so.
The air conditioning blew all night long as it is set on auto.
If you set it to 85 or 70 it did not matter, it blew cold air all night.
Maintenance came by and they could not fix it, so they gave us more blankets.

The window curtain chain was broken so we could not see outside.

There was no shampoo either.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay ANYWHERE else, in an alley is better than this place
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple