I went there for a weeks retreat to relax and rest. My first impressions is that the staff is very nice and accommodating. The
hotel description says that all the room face the ocean. What you should know is only the rooms in front have a full view of the ocean. All other rooms face the side of the ocean, meaning you can see the water partially as all the windows face the side of the building.
The rooms are big and come with a fully equipped kitchens. The beds are super comfy and the decor is nice. There are some upkeep issues that should be addressed, like the grout on the tile floors and inside the shower should be replaced and scuff marks on the walls, furniture, etc. Fine details that would make a big difference in ratings. Also, the HVAC system needs to be replaced. It's very loud not only in the rooms but also in the yoga/exercise room. It made it difficult to rest and focus on yoga/meditation with the loud rattling noises.
The design of the hotel is like a motel. Meaning the hallways are outside, so you have to go outside to get to the elevator.
The hotel is suppose to be all non smoking, but people do it anyway and management is ineffective toward stopping it or implementing the $250 fine. I had to move my room because of the cigarette smoke. When it happened again in the second room I was able to see where the smoke was coming from. I called the front desk and gave them the room number and basically they did nothing. I was told that they must actually see evidence of the smoking, meaning catching them in the act, seeing cigarette buts or smelling it in the rooms. They didn't respond quickly enough to do anything about it..
Finally, the hotel is on a very busy street. Lots of trucks at all times of the day. If you want quite, I would chose another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Florida beach vacation awaits you at Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel located directly on the Atlantic Ocean! Experience majestic sunsets from your private balcony in a spacious suite with fully equipped kitchen. Relax by our two sparkling swimming pools. Our Florida beach hotel blends together the best of any Stay-cation by offering stylish accommodations, delectable beachfront dining- - all tied together with genuine hospitality. Our friendly staff is ready to help you experience the best of what you want from your oceanfront stay, whether it's rejuvenating, relaxing or experiencing exciting activities! We're ideally located just minutes to Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Delray Beach and Boca Raton! Among Florida beach hotels, Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel stands above the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
- Ocean Sands Hotel
- Ocean Sands Resort Spa
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Florida