“CASH ONLY”

Steak Shop & Deli
Ranked #143 of 396 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Ok, if you're like me, the most important thing to know is: they don't take credit cards. It's worth paying cash to eat here.
Second most important things to know is: order a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich (large) or a gyro. The fires are also excellent with chili and more. I never seem to have room for dessert, so haven't tried that yet. We've been coming here for the last 10-15 yrs. great place to pick up a quick hot, fresh sandwich. The place might be a little busy at times, but we've never waited more than 15 minutes , even at the busy times, all. Food is cooked fresh, to order, so your sandwich is exactly the way you want it,

Unfortunately, though we've been coming here for so long, we've actually not tried too many things on the menu since these taste SOOOO darn good! We keep promising to try something different next time, but it never happens.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Absolutely love their philly cheese steaks and their gyros! They're the best in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

I was sitting home trying to figure out what to eat for dinner, but did not have any particular craving. For what ever reason I decided to put Philly Cheesesteak into my Android phones search option. The first three places that came up were on another website and they were all rated within 3/10ths of a point of each other, e.g. 4.3, 4.5, Etc. They all sounded pretty good, but Steak Shop & Deli was the closest to my neighborhood. Thus I decided to give them a try. As I arrived, I realized that I must have passed this place a million times, but never stopped in. From the outside, the place does not look like much, but I did not let that deter me. As I walked in, I was asked by one of the counter people what I wanted, and told him a Philly Cheesesteak, without cheese wiz, which I don't like. To my surprise, he told me they make all their sandwiches custom, so just tell him my preference. I told him I like more of a NY Cheese Steak, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. The counterman said give him 10 minutes. The store is small and probably is more suited to take out then dinning in. In addition, it reminded me of a place in any big city that had seen better days from a decorative standpoint, but the place smelled great. The place wasn't crowded, as it was about 7:30PM, Saturday night. About 5 minutes later my sandwich was ready, all wrapped up in that butcher block white paper. One important thing to note is that they do not take credit cards, only CASH. I got my sandwich to go. I'm from NY and do not know if I ever had a proper Philly Cheese, but what I can say is that this was damn good. The vegetables used were all fresh. The roll was soft and fresh, and the Philly Cheesesteak was pretty darn good. There are many other things on the menu as far as fast food goes, including Gyros. I took a menu and left knowing that I would be back, to have the same or try something else. I can't vouch for the other food, but my Philly Cheesesteak hit the mark!

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Many sandwich varieties but the classic Philly cheesesteak is the best quick and fresh food made and funny you always good service chocolate chip cookies are freshly made and good as well

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped in here on the way home for a carry out order. This place is no frills, but offers above average food. It's all cooked to order so don't get in a snit if it's not ready in five minutes. They do call in orders so that might be the way to go if you're in a hurry. The cheesesteaks are amazing! I'm a product of the East coast so am no stranger to this type of food. It does not disappoint. The "large" is as big as a small baby! No kidding! The wings---perfectly cooked, crispy and seasoned well. It's been awhile since I've had good wings. Easy on the wallet and tasty in the mouth. Check this place out.