“A favorite bar”

J Mark's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A favorite bar”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My friend and I regularly meet at the bar for wine and snack. Relaxed , cozy and not loud. Salads are very good and the servers always friendly.

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Excellent-Will definitely be back!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We frequent J Marks weekly. We are never disappointed. Their happy hour prices for cocktails are great and they even have a mid-day menu with great prices. The bar area is relaxing and not loud at all. The main dining area is nice and cozy. The Manhattan soup is very good but found out it was made with bacon so vegans beware. Overall, the food is excellent. Try the Ahi tuna cups. The salads are so large there is enough to bring home for another meal. My husband really enjoys the steaks which are quite large along with the baked potatoes. We enjoy J Marks and our server, Leo. Will definitely be back!

Coral Springs, Florida
“Back again for good reason”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have visited both J Marks on numerous occasions and they have never failed to live up to our expectations. We called ahead for our table for four and they seated us right away. The server was extremely attentive and brought cocktails fast and then served our meals hot and fast. All four dinners were superb. The food is fairly priced, certainly not the lowest, but it is worth the price. We have had mixed reviews of service, having dined there ten times, but on the whole and this evening in particular, service was excellent.

• Visited August 2014
Florida
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I dined here for the first time on Saturday night and even though it was busy we got a table almost right away. We had the spinach artichoke dip to start...so deliciously amazing! Then I ordered Caribbean pork Tenderloin and my date had Hawaiian Rib Eye. Both were succulent and delicious. Garlic mashed potatoes on the side was pretty good too. I wanted asparagus, but they said it wasn't in season??? I was a bit baffled by that. I think they should get that from wherever they need to! Overall though the dining experience was pleasant, our waiter was awesome, and I would definitely recommend! The prices were reasonable as well!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The food is great, and has been for years. However the service is consistently disintegrating! You can't seem to get attention from anyone, it seems like you are forgotten about. We ordered a side salad and a soup with our steak dinner. After along wait a full sized salad arrived, I asked for a box and waited 15 minutes for it! The hostess actually got it because my server was nowhere to be found. We never got our soup and when the finally steak arrived (brought by a food runner) we were never set up with steak knives, and we sat without drinks for 10 mins. Our server knew we were angry and had another employee bring us our $100 check, that included a full priced salad. We used to go back bc of the good food but we are definitely not going back due to the poor customer service.

1 Thank kdionne5690