“Clean, well kept, homey feel and quiet retreat from a long day at the beach ;-)”
Review of Sea Cove Motel

Sea Cove Motel
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

This place is obviously not a brand new hotel, but don't let that scare you away! This place has been well kept with lots of TLC! Beautiful tropical flowers bursting around every corner, so it feels much farther off the road than it actually is! (1 short block from beach) Maintained by a husband and wife, so there is not a full staff. My family and I come here at least once a year, sometimes twice and we always look forward to our stay at Sea Cove!! You will not regret the money you spend, even during peak season.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Sarahpina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edgewater, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My husband and I stayed one night here to attend a concert. It is a very charming place. Yes, it is an older hotel but it was spotless! We stayed in #23 w/ king size bed and sleeper sofa. The kitchen would be great if you were staying for any length of time. Had a small stove, double sink, 12 cup coffee maker, full size fridge and pots and pans and untensils. The bathroom is small but big enough for what we needed. The shower is a bit smaller than most. I think it is even smaller than cruise ship showers! Every thing was very clean and had no musty odors.
The grounds are very tropical and inviting. Lots of little nooks to sit and enjoy the outside. They have a beautiful pool also. Did not get the chance to use it but looked very clean. There is free parking also.
You can head either north or south on Ocean Blvd and you will find grocery stores, liquor stores and restaurants.
Don't forget the beautiful beach!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
new orleans
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room did have a stove, but it was so old and rusty I was afraid to light it - yes light it. A used coffee filter was left in the coffee maker - for long enough to grow...............something. The grass needed cutting. We were upstairs and my daughter slipped on the stairs and bruised her leg pretty bad - so if it rains, be really careful. Apparently this place is so old that modern safety codes don't apply. We had to get up a couple of times a night and adjust the ac - too afraid to use the blankets. At least the feral cats roaming outside were friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sporty type
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I am a father and took 2 boys)
I was really happy I chose this hotel over the others I looked at.(after seeing the others)
I got the queen suite number 27 and was surprised to see the kitchen was stocked with everything inc coffee maker filters and clean dishes. Big room 2 queens and a couch that was very clean. Nice pool The owners were very nice and even brought us beach towels (that I forgot) Saved a lot with the kitchen and steaks on the grill. Location was perfect. Easy walk across the street to a quite more private area of the beach.(50 yards from the busy more public area) Lifeguard tower right there.

Room Tip: I brought a single air mattress and my youngest though it was better than the pull out couch
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stevie A
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at this quaint little place. We got in late on a Friday and didn't know what to expect but took a chance and it paid off. The motel across the street was too expensive for the "vibe" that it put off, but this place was really cool. It's not a big room, fancy corporate chain. The pool was great, awesome landscaping (very tropical) and walking distance to the beach and two very interesting bars that we also enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2012
Iver Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

we had a great week middle of june when we visited Pompano Beach and stayed in the Sea Cove Motel its right at the beach our Room/Suite (which was more like a 1bed apartment with fully fitted kitchen) was great and the Pool area was brilliant for our 2 yr old son because it was all fenced in and secure. Everything was clean and had a retro style to it :o) it was affordable and parking was easy too. The Owners of the Motel couldn't be any more helpful and friendly. Def will recommend this Place!! We will be back again!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Urcila greeted me the afternoon of check in, she was very nice and sweet. Room was easily accessable, larger enough for two toddlers and the two of us to play, eat, sleep. There was a small hallway leading to the bathroom, the beds were comfortable, very clean. Kitchen had everything we needed, never needed to ask for anything. I would for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor to the left and never heard any of my neighbors!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family