“Good food and beer”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Federal Highway
Description: Situated off Atlantic Avenue, Checkers is a German styled restaurant with a Bavarian flair in Pompano Beach. We offer a large selection of authentic German beers and the best in German cuisine.
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Went there during the World Cup to get a genuine german soccer experience when the german national team played. Had a great time. People are very friendly the food and the beer "boot" was great. Dont go there expecting hamburgers and american fare...it is a german restaurant after all...nice german beer selection and good food. Will definitely go there again

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Recently after moving to the area, joined the bar for a quick bite to eat. Mostly a German atmosphere with Latin waitstaff, I ate a great Wiener Schnitzel with a good German beer.
However a week alter when I checked my Credit Card Statement, I found out that there was some $$$ extra added to the tip.
When I challenged the manager at at later date, he said, just come by to pick up the difference.
Which makes me believe that he didn't want to pursue an investigation or reprimand the waitress that served me.
A bit fishy ......

1  Thank Ericthepilot
Reviewed 15 July 2014

the best place in the area for authentic German food, recommended by our German neighbor. Bier samplers, great stuffed weinerschnitzel, combination platter with sausages and potato pancakes with applesauce, and finished off with apple strudel, and black forest cake. will definitely go again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been eating at Checkers for years now. Excellent German food. Highly recommended to anyone looking for authentic German cuisine. Large variety of beers and ales too.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was our first time at this restaurant.The service was excellent, and the food was delicious. Beer was really good, they have a great selection. We ordered "The boot". We came in late at around 7:45 PM. We had a basket with bread. pretzels and spicy mustard as soon as we sat down, I loved it. We did not realize that the plates were so big, couldn't finish them. but they were great left overs for the next day. We shared an apple strudel (It was delicious) and watch some basketball on their big screen.
I am not sure how busy it gets earlier (I have seen a lot of people there), but they seemed to not have much of parking available.
We had a great experience, I am not sure we are going back so late, but we are definitely coming back to try new plates.