“BED BUGS!”

Haven Hotel Pompano Beach
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I booked this hotel online through a discount travel website. Withing 5 minutes of checking in, I noticed the room looked bad. I checked the mattress for bed bugs and there were live bugs crawling across the head of the mattress. I took one to the manager and he put me in another room where there were clear signs of bed bugs again. I decided to cancel but was only refunded two of the three nights booked. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Scott P
There are newer reviews for Haven Hotel Pompano Beach

Reviewed 17 January 2013

My wife & I booked a room for 1 night here to attend a concert, then Gulfstream Park. It was booked thru Room77, which doesn't charge your credit card at time of booking. When we arrived at the property, a rather disheveled female clerk stated that we had a reservation, but my credit card declined. There was no phone call to us about this problem. I tried explaining to the clerk that this card had ample limit on it (as it was used the night before). After repeatedly asking her to attempt to run the card, she finally relented, and.........what do you know? It was fine! She would not allow us to use the internet rate, We had to pay the "walk in" rate. Also, the room was stained & dirty, and the pool was stagnant, not even running. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geno59
Reviewed 12 August 2012

OMG this place is horrendous yes it's priced good but there are bed bugs EVERYWHERE and nasty worm things that crawl in through the window ac. I had to stay there because my electric was shut off and id much rather sleep in my car and get eatin by Mosquitos. Anywho on the first night I felt itchy I asked the man at the front desk if they had bed bugs and he said no so I believed him boy was I WRONG. I woke up the next morning with bumps all over! On top of that there was a bed bug on the wall and also one crawling on the carpet I squirted rubbing alcohol on them and they died I put then in a cup and took them up to the front desk the man looked at them and asked if I was checking out I said yes I went on to explain how the previous person told me there were no bed bugs he responded with all he could do was talk to the other guy what the heck?! You need to call an exterminator. I also told him that I had to go to the er because I have a mild allergy to bed bugs and he didn't care! No refund no nothing

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank Przmuneca
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel was the worst Inn I’ve ever been to. I stay in hotels every weekend and do not have high standered but there were bed bugs that the manager didn’t care about, a homeless man in a room that they checked me into and very poor service. I would rather sleep on the street then there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jill J
Reviewed 1 April 2012

i had the worst night ever at this motel.the front desk clerk claimed that the room that i was given was the last one. i was tired so it didn't matter. i absolutely didn't get any sleep for i was up all night battling the bed bugs for which now i am itchy and have red irritated bumps all over my upper body. wow what a night. never ever again will i go to any establishment of americas best inn, and nor will I suggest it to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: don't check in here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank monique m
Reviewed 12 March 2012

what a dump, the girl at the reception desk wore what was once a white Tshirt I would not wash the floor with that one,dirty rooms full of bugs, moldy and loose tiles in the bathroom
had booked three nights with booking.com could barely stay one night, left at 6:00am in the morning
I recommend booking.com takes this one off their list

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erika T
Reviewed 13 December 2010

This inn should not be called America's Best Inn but instead it should be America's Worst Inn. There are massive bed bugs in the room. We were attacked by them during the night and woke up with them all over the bed. Almost hundreds of them. It was disgusting and horrifying. We went to complain to the front desk, but the staff were so rude and deny the problems. We immediately checked out right away and would never come back there. Inclusion, we had a bad experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends