“Great little place for seafood”
Review of Fish Shack

Fish Shack
Ranked #2 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great little place for seafood”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Off the beaten track, we read about this place on trip advisor, so we sought it out. Teeny tiny restaurant, 5 tables & a bar so we had to wait a while but we'll worth the wait. We had conch bits for an appetizer which was really good. Special was hog fish. Wasn't familiar but was yummy. My husband had fried clams & my BFF had blackened shrimp. Recommend highly. They close at 9, so go early. We will definitely return.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing oysters and the grouper was to die for - service was above and beyond- friendly environment - it's a must visit

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The wife and I started with the cracked conch and did the grouper sandwich and it was AMAZING, the best I've had in years . The atmosphere is small and cozy so you feel like you are right at home, the service is awesome. If you are ever in pompano get to the fish shack, trust me you won't go any where else up there ever again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank AustinTrigo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Cracked Conch”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nothing fancy about this place but the food is fresh and delicious. It's small with bar and 5 tables so be prepared to sit at the bar and talk with your neighbors. It reminds me of places you would find in Key West. Cozy, quaint and friendly. I hope they don't expand.

Visited August 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent tuna steak!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had to hit a local "off the main road" restaurant - and boy am I glad we did. The only complaint I have is it doesn't have more than 6 or 7 tables, so we had to eat at the "bar" which actually was fine with me. The fresh fish of the day was tuna - so I opted for the tuna steak cajan and blackened, cooked medium rare. It was sushi grade tuna, however, I'm still venturing into the seafood land so I wanted to make sure I'd actually eat my dinner. I was nervous, but after I took my first bite I had nothing to worry about. It was AMAZING! Daughter had mahi mahi fingers and hubby had the fish and chips, both of which were really good. But nothing compared to the tuna steak - wow. If you are in the Pompano Beach/Ft Lauderdale area, make the drive here...you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014