“Be warned!”

Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Hurricane, Utah
“Be warned!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We just needed a clean place to sleep 1 night before leaving on a cruise. Looks okay from the outside but that's where it ends. Rooms were smelly and dirty. Hair in the tub, boogers wiped on the bedroom and bathroom wall. I couldn't sleep because of the smell and the a/c didn't work so I went down to the lobby for a couple of hours to get some fresh air. There was a steady stream of prostitutes and their clients coming in. Should we have complained-of course-but there was a sign on the desk that said you only have 15 minutes to make complaints. We didn't see the sign when we checked in--I can't say if they put it up when they saw us coming down the stairs (no elevator) or we just didn't see it at check in. Super 8 called us after making numerous complaints and offered to comp us free room next time we're there-REALLY! The next time they called they offered to refund 1/2 the money but we haven't seen that. They also asked us to rate their complimentary breakfast--who would stay and eat in that filth?!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Let me explain. I was staying at a hotel earlier tonight. I need one closer to the airport so I wanted to book this for tomorrow. I wwent on orbitz and booked what what I thought was tomorrow night. As soon as I sent it I realized I booked for tonight by mistake. Didn't think it was a big deal. I called the hotel 5 minutes after I booked it and they told me to call orbitz. I called orbitz and they lady said it shouldn't be a problem. After about 3 minutes on hold she said that the hotel wont change the reservation because it was less than 24 hours. She even spoke to the manager and was very apologetic to me because I just booked the reservation. I called Super 8 national customer service and explained my issue. After talking to 2 people the customer service rep called the hotel to have them change the reservation. He came back and said it was the owners discretion and I could rebook the room for the next night after I just paid 133.00 for this night. After I hung up I was so pissed I checked out of the Marriott and drove an hour here so I could tell them how I feel about the situation. The manager blamed orbitz but I was on the line when with the orbitz lady and I believe her that orbitz was willing to wave any fees. I know its my fault but it is just plan wrong!! As for the hotel its old and what I expected it to be. I would have no problem with the hotel if they didn't rip me off

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Pompano Beach hotels

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I spent a week in the Keys and needed a place to stay before our flight home out of Ft. Lauderdale. Since we were checking in late and leaving early, we didn't need any amenities - just a clean place to sleep. We figured Super 8 would fit the bill. WRONG!!! The toilet didn't flush in the first room, so we moved to a different room. The first thing I noticed was that the lid was up on the toilet and it had recently been used - without being cleaned afterwards. There were stains on the walls in the bathroom and in the sink area. We were totally grossed out, but we didn't know what we'd get if we asked for yet another room - so we decided just to stick it out. I showered with my flip-flops on, we wrapped T-shirts around the pillows so our faces wouldn't touch them, and we slept fully clothed so our skin wouldn't touch the sheets (oh yes, because they were stained too). I can't believe Super 8 puts their name on this property; they should seriously reconsider the partnership they have with the company that manages this location.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room. Don't stay here. Stay anywhere else but here!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexandria
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The front desk help acted like we were a nuisance. The bathroom in the room still had un-flushed excrement in it. This Super 8 made me reconsider staying at another Super 8, ever again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Arnold
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Personnel there very nice but the hotel needs a lot of fixing up and was not clean. First room refrigerator did not work then second room the remote was missing and then when given one, it did not work. Breakfast had no decaf coffee made.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple