Motel 6 Pompano Beach
US$171
US$160
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Sea Steps Suites(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
Surfside Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$122
Beachcomber Resort and Villas(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$172
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
Travelocity
Wyndham Palm-Aire(Pompano Beach)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Wyndham Sea Gardens(Pompano Beach)
Hotelpower.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Whatever you do, do not stay here!! I was lured off the bypass, and figured that a Motel6 was a good value--I know it will be no frills, but that is fine. However--this dump needs to be bulldozed. The room was the size of a telephone booth, and the bed was the size of a postage stamp. In addition to being extremely small, the bed was very uncomfortable. The room showed evidence of recently being treated for cockroaches witth white powder sprinkled about the corners. Water pressure was poor, and the hot water was non exsistent.
Far worse was the very questionable neighborhood that the motel is in. Many unsavory looking characters were about, and safety was a real concern. Out by the road was a group of three hookers trying to attract passing motorists, and when I went out to my car at midnight, one was even patrolling the sidewalks of the motel, looking for customers.
The people who seem to run the place are minimum wage employees who dont give a damn. They have no training in hotel management, dealing with people, hospitality, or anything else much.
In short a totally horrible experience, and one I recommend everyone to avoid. I would have been far better off to have found a safe parking place and slept in the car as spend a sleepless night in this hell hole.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaliforniaJacks_man
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Pompano Beach for 1 night (I wouldn't have stayed any longer) while I was down in the South Florida area for the College Football National Championship game. I stayed here because every other hotel in the area was charging at least $100/night for a room and I paid $49.95 here. Be forewarned though, you get what you pay for.

The hotel is a standard Motel 6, cheap in every way. The rooms felt like a closet, not a lot of room at all. Just enough room for a queen bed, chair, and TV with basic channels. The bathroom area was not very clean but that was not to be unexpected, it was actually a little cleaner than I was expecting. Overall the room is basic, which is what I expected.

The worst aspect about this hotel though is the location. It is right off the Florida Turnpike in a very seedy area of Pompano Beach. There is a strip club not far from the hotel, and while I did not have any issues, I did see 1 shady character hanging outside a room and the area just looks bad. Let me put it this way, I only spent about 7 hours in the room itself (Came back to the room at midnight and checked out at 7 a.m. the next morning) and I would not want to spend any more time than that. I did not feel safe at this hotel.

The check in employee was okay but I would not trust them with a credit card, just pay in cash and be done with it. I will be very honest though, if you are a solo traveler, traveling with children, or expecting to be close to the beach, I would not stay here. I would only stay here again if I was with someone who works out and someone who people do not want to mess with.

Simply put, stay away from this hotel. Pay the extra $40-$50 to stay at a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Ramada, etc. in a nice safe area.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2009

If you are just crashing for the night as I was it is okay. If you like strip clubs there is one with in walking distance! This is the kind of neighborhood I'm talking about. I only spent 10 hours in the room, its quite clausterphobic, closet like. In an attempt to make the vanity look clean they painted it, TACKY. Hey, for $49.94 what do you expect? (although I paid the same price at Knights Inn in Sarasota and it was a palace compared to this)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2007

I booked this hotel because it was the least expensive hotel I found in the Fort Lauderdale metro area. I paid about $55.00 a night for the room. I stayed here for six nights in January 2006. The room was okay, just your standard Motel 6 room. I complained to front desk staff after not getting a bar of soap after my room was cleaned. I had to go to the laundry room to get the maid to give me the soap. One night I heard loud music from a car outside the hotel. Some man was yelling and one of the front desk staff soon got in his car. The one thing that disturbed me most here is that garbage was left outside by the garbage cans for several days. Not very sanitary. The only fortunate thing is that I was there in January and it wasn't too hot so there weren't many bugs around and it wasn't very smelly. An okay place to sleep but you won't get much else here.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 21 January 2007

I spent the last night of my wonderful trip to Florida in this Motel 6 sure that it had the same standard as the others in which I stayed before in NY. We got a non-smoking room but it smelled terribly. The sheets had some hair and the towels were dirty as if they had not been changed. We used ours in the end. The thing I didn't like at all were the strange dudes hanging around outside. I don't like to speculate on things I don't know for sure but I didn't like the atmosphere over there and I didn'd feel safe.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple