“Great hosts”
Review of Surfside Resort

Surfside Resort
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 20 February 2012

When Annette and Andy Mandziak advertise friendly staff, clean and comfortable, spotless, newly renovated accommodations, they are true to their word. My husband and I recently stayed at Surf Side Resort and experienced it first hand. With a lush setting and hospitality above and beyond, it was impressive to say the least. And to put it over the top, on Valentine's day, a complete meal, prepared, cooked and served by Andy and Annette. Thank you for giving hospitality a new meaning."

......Don and Sylvia Rose......

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia R

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I was told to try it here by a family member who did. I was told it was basic but clean.
Before I even arrived I felt that they went out of their way to work around my schedule flying in. You see they have office "hours" that they are open and you need to consider that when coming. The office is closed on Sundays and no cleaning service. I did not mind that just trying to be specific for those who care.

Pros: Friendly staff
Very warm and clean pool
Grounds were very kept up and comfortable
Cleaning service was fantastic
Room was so clean
Had a charcoal grill for all to use (including charcoal)
Big walk in closet

Cons: Beds were very firm not what I like
The stuffed chair in the room was dirty (first thing I noticed)
The flat screen tv was hard to hear because speakers in wrong place

So would I go again YES! It was quiet and relaxing and beach right there!
It is clear that they have repeat business....so even though no frills it had all the basics!
PLEASE leave the cleaning staff tips! They deserve it and work hard.

Room Tip: I had a room on back side of hotel closest to ocean...nice and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank kathy5836
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The owners are always working around this small, clean and quaint resort and will accommodate any requests. I needed my boarding pass done on a Sunday and even though the owner was not opening the office, she still offered to do it for me. The rooms are extremely clean and I noticed that there were many repeat visitors...one had just checked in for his 10th yearly visit. We met many interesting people from all over the world (Denmark, Poland). We booked a 2-bed room that was very spacious, which had a stove, frig and microwave oven. Plan on booking again soon for a visit in April. Would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: If you have bad knees, I would recommend getting a room on the first floor. There are only 2 floors...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This place is amazingly clean and across the street from the beach. It's super cheap and the folks that run it are really awesome. Quiestet air conditioner I've ever heard. Pool is clean. I go to pompano a few times a year to visit family and I stay here every trip. Off season it is crazy cheap too and in season, still cheaper than most other hotels. I love this place!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, efficiencies available if you want to cook.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank macbigdog1
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Surfside in Feb to attend a family function in Pompano. Since it was the "high" season, we picked the Surfside based on location, price, and Wifi internet. The efficiency unit we occupied was well-equipped and well-maintained.

The only odd problem was that I had to find sticks to keep open the windows to avoid running the A/C when the outside temps were pleasant.

The Wifi coverage was not consistent. In fact, I found that I was at times using an access point not actually associated with the Surfside.

The motel was not full when we were there but the parking was close to being a problem. I am not sure that there would be sufficient parking at full capacity.

The location was within walking distance of the beach, a few restaurants (mostly bar and grill type places) and a drug store. We had to drive for eating and groceries more than I would have liked.

The owner/managers were somewhat in cool in their dealings with us. I got the impression that it was not all that important to them if we stayed there or ever came back.

The owner/managers were reticent to communicate a reservation confirmation via email. I made a couple of calls to make sure our reservation was in-fact still on their books.

The Surfside served our purpose for this trip but I will not be my first choice next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Bubba'sDad
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The service you get is excellent, the location of the plac could not be best, and across the street you are right at the beach....I would not hesitate at all to recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank boxy_2011
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We have stayed at the Surfside for many years now. We enjoy the proximity to the ocean and the magnificent beach. Surfside owners are warm, polite and respectful of their guests. Motel facilities are excellent. The efficiency units are well equipped. The pool is in immaculate condition. Rooms are large and bright. We really feel at home at the Surfside and intend to return on every occaision

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple