“Budget Lodge..in Pompano Beach..is the Place to Stay!!”
Review of Budget Lodge

Budget Lodge
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
New York
“Budget Lodge..in Pompano Beach..is the Place to Stay!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Clean? Affordable? Friendly Helpful Staff? Walking Distance to the Beach?

Yes! Yes! Yes and YESSS!!

GREAT PLACE to STAY!! We took advantage of all the amenities they had......bbq-ing options...nice big pool...good prime location....and even close enough to walk to the beach..it was perfect for us!!...We will def come back next year!! Look No More & Stay Here!

Side Note: The adjacent convenient store...came in vey handy for our family of 4!!

Room Tip: The rooms are clean, nicely appointed and quiet. And when we had any needs the staff were friendly a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann M
Budget L, Manager at Budget Lodge, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Thank you Ann for such kind words.
Can't wait to see you again next year!
Take Care, AP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 February 2013

There were eight previous reviews and all were good. I don't understand it. We paid $100 for a very inadequate room. Very old. The carpet dark and dreary. Bathroom fixtures obsolete. The shower head fell off while I was showering and the water sprayed out like a bullet, almost flooding the restroom. I was able to cram it back on after getting the water stopped. The water was hard to adjust, very hot, but I finally got my shower taken and then mopped up the water with towels. Coffee in the room would have been so nice. There was no clock to glance at during the night. There were air conditioning issues, either too hot or too cold. I felt as though I did not sleep at all. The only positives I can mention are the flat screen TV and free Internet signal. It was just an old room, old fixtures, dark, dreary and felt dirty. Also, no restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Connie Y
Budget L, Manager at Budget Lodge, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
First, thank you for choosing to stay at our motel. Let me start off by correcting some misinformation, the room you had rented was well below comparable motel rates in surrounding areas. You paid $85 plus tax when other others were charging $109 and up. As far as the carpet goes, please understand that the carpet is dark red (maroon) just as they are indicated in the pictures provided in numerous sites. Now as for the shower head, we apologize that the shower head was broken when you arrived in the room. We did not know that was the case or we would have not rented you that particular room. Soon as we read your comment we went to the room, saw it was broken, and within a half hour the shower head was replaced. If you had told us you had a problem we could have switched your room or even given you a refund, it is hard for us to know there is a problem like that when we are not told of it. It is our policy to always do our best to accommodate our guests. As far as the water being "hot"... you are welcome! The a/c has multiple options as in "energy saver " and a digital stroller which allows you to control the temperature of the room. As far as the fixtures goes, all the furniture in the rooms had been replaced in Nov. 2012. If you had asked us about any restaurants there are a couple within walking distance. (10 min walking, 2 min drive). Anyways, good luck on your trip hope you have better stays.

Travellers are raving about these Pompano Beach hotels

Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed three nights after a friend stayed here earlier. The hotel is clean, economical, convient to beach and restaurants. Very warm family run safe place to enjoy Pompano Beach. There is a BBQ available. Plenty of seating outdoors. And parking is so close. I preper to support family run businesses.

Room Tip: We liked room 18. Kitchenette and view of ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allyn G
Budget L, Manager at Budget Lodge, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thank you for the kind words also. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.
Hope to you see you again!
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

We are a family of four .... It was very clean! Carpets clean, rooms smelled fresh not nasty! The shower was great. Just like if we were home! The ocean was literally across the street! We will come back every year. We are very particular and this hotel was worth every single dollar and honestly I can not stress enough, how clean it was, quiet and never once did we feel unsafe. We strongly recommend to stay here. I read reviews constantly and I am very particular. Outstanding place to stay!! We also used there new stainless grill.. This allowed us to go buy some t bone steaks and burgers--great dinners we had!!

Michaud family
Syracuse ny

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Nmichaud
Budget L, Manager at Budget Lodge, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Hello Mr. and Mrs. Michaud,
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again.
AP
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Prior to my arrival for a two week visit to my brother and his wife he had searched for a convenient and pleasant hotel. In other years I had stayed with him, but this year the guest room had become a study room for his wife as she studied for final exams incident to a further masters degree. Nevertheless, I found a real home at the Budget Lodge. The owners and staff were very friendly, the rooms well ordered, clean, and equipped with a large wall-hung television, rear wall air-conditioner, and microwave. The TV had satellite and the room was equipped for wi-fi. I could not have asked for a better "home away from home". The pool was sparkling and the pool enclosure clean and well equipped for sun lounging. At 83 years of age and a long time overseas resident and international traveler i know a good place when I see it and I found one in Budget Lodge. Located on Ocean Boulevard the Lodge gave easy access to the Atlantic Avenue and Federal Highway commercial areas, the Pompano Mall, and the Pompano Air Park. My happiness was augmented by my sister-in-law flying my brother and I (In her Piper Comanche) to Great Harbor Cay in the Berry Islands. I had the best of everything - time with my family and friends and a fine place to stay. Congratulations Budget Lodge!!!

Room Tip: If possible get a room on the upper floor. The ground floor is OK, but from upstairs one has a fine...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I have been going to pompano beach to work for 8 yrs now and have been in alot of hotels on the strip and they are basically the same....but when i started going to the budget lodge i found out that it felt like home because the owners are so friendly and make u feel at home...the rm i stay in is rm number 5...king room...very florida feel...very affordable...plus u open door and pool is right there...they also have a food mart which means dont have to worry about going to the store they have one....bob stevens

Room Tip: any room is fine
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I was in the area a couple weeks ago with my family on a mini vacation, and Budget Lodge was the best deal in the area, great location as it's located right on the beach, and the food mart connected makes things alot easier. The room was great, clean and didn't smell like a pack of cigarettes like other motels or lodges. I highly recommend this motel to anyone who will be in the area.

Room Tip: Upstairs there is a room, kind of a suite I guess you can call it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family