“Pompano Beach Marriott”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The view from my balcony was absolutely beautiful to wake up to !! I was on the southeast end of the building, and could look down on the pool and hot tub to see if it was available or too crowded to bother with, and had a gorgeous sunrise beach view in the mornings to wake up to. Temperature in the mornings was around 72 degrees, with a light breeze, and very enjoyable to sit on the balcony and enjoy a cup of gourmet coffee ! Clean, large bathrooms, well stocked amenities, courteous and professional staff. Great breakfast buffet, with eggs to order.

Room Tip: Southeast end !!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel quite a bit for work, and especially in south Florida I am usually underwhelmed by the level of service at hotels and restaurants. I have to say that I experienced maybe the best, friendliest, most outgoing service I have experienced in the past 2 years - anywhere in the US. From the valet guys to the reception desk to walking me to the elevator while introducing me to the property, to the maître 'd at the restaurant..... the smiles were prevelant and seemed like the staff were genuinely happy to be there and to be at my service.

I had breakfast at the restaurant and mostly attended business meetings, but at every turn the service was excellent. And the breakfast buffet was very good. My only regret was that I was here for one night, two days for business. Next time I will plan on bringing my wife and enjoying an extra day or two on the beach.

Room Tip: There are two towers with each floor having only two rooms truly facing the ocean. All other rooms...
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Wow, from start to finish I was super impressed with this venue. Alexis W. was our sales manager and she was more than accommodating. We hosted a smaller meeting- about 30 people, 3 meals, and 12 rooms. Even though we were a smaller meeting I felt like they valued our business. The hotel is right on the water and has 2 beautiful pools. The staff was SO friendly. Marco at the front desk was awesome. We had one very minor issue with our catering and in return they comped ALL our soda for the day! I had a late flight and wanted to enjoy the ocean before I left. The staff let me use a room to shower in! SO helpful. I stayed in an Executive Suite. It was clean and spacious with an incredible view on the ocean. Overall top notch service in a beautiful venue! Thank you Alexis & staff! We will definitely be back for more meetings!

Room Tip: Ocean view is so worth the extra $!
2  Thank AWF06001
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Although our room expectations were different, the front desk made an accommodation for us even though we booked the room from a third party. The setting was nice and music was playing the day of our arrival. Rooms are average but the beds comfortable, the value was good. My only complaint is the valet parking. I prefer to self park. You need a car to travel to what's around. Workout room is exceptional.

2  Thank Insbro
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Where to start - being treated like theives for asking for what we paid for and had evidence to support? Or, being given flimsy plastic silverware and a red plastic childrens plate because we ate on the patio of the restaurant - actually part of the restaurant? Or, having them deny room charges despite an $800 hold on my credit card and a $350 resort credit and then having the snot nosed manager hang up on me when I brought it to his attention? The worst vacation EVER - all due to their arrogance, poor customer service and horrible ability to communicate with customers. They need to fire the entire staff at this hotel and start over. I can prove everything stated here. If you are thinking about booking your vacation at this hotel - BEWARE!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you don't want a hassle while on vacation.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank UnhappyRondy
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I normally don't write reviews but wanted to say that my husband and I were a little disappointed with this hotel. We were not aware that the hotel was valet parking only as we were not told upon check in but we were also not told that there was a $25.00 fee plus tax charged everyday. The hotel deducted it which was very nice of them. We did not eat but the drinks were very expensive. My husband and I never mind spending money when we go away but this was a little steep. The room was very nice and the view was spectacular but we just do not like to give someone our keys overnight. I am sure they are trustworthy but when we go away, we go in and out a lot and just did not feel comfortable always having to ask for our car. I am sure it is good for others but just was not a hotel for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gay Marie M
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I spent 53 nights at the sister property next door, to much disappointment (see my review). On my extended stay next door, I watched this hotel being built. One tower is new, and the other tower was existing but completely gutted. I'm a local, but rely on these hotels while my house is under renovation. After being chased out of my house again because of toxic paint primer, I decided to crash at this new hotel. After checking in, I wished I had longer of a stay there. The place is brand new and clean. The rooms are new, clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast the following am was excellent. The staff, because the hotel is new, is on their game, and very polite and helpful. There's nothing not to like, especially for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach
Sea Steps Suites
Sea Steps Suites
#8 of 38 in Pompano Beach

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!