“Once you checkout, no one cares. At all. Period.”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Once you checkout, no one cares. At all. Period.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I checked in with a debit card. Big mistake.

I got charged 3 times the amount of my stay on to one debit mastercard. This does not include the (routine) incidental holds over $500.00, totaling $6,420.05 in funds held up in my account for several days.

Over $1900.00 was charged to ANOTHER mastercard. (Girlfriends)

That's over $8,500.00 dollars of funds "held up" for several days.

After 11 or 12 calls (I lost count) to the Front Desk from myself and my financial institution over a 3 day period, asking for "Accounting" to return our call, in addition to leaving repeated messages, I never received a phone call back from anyone who was able to rectify the issue that the staff created. I was "gatekept" numerous time by the front desk staff who were unwilling to allow me to speak to a GM (out sick), Assistant General Manager, or "anyone" in accounting. I was put off numerous times by the front desk staff, I would assume in hopes of the staff thinking the issue would work itself out. Well it didn't.

To help you understand the caliber of the situation, I was lucky to make it home. I had to place airline tickets on other cards, make dozens of financial arrangements. Rental car had to be returned early. I had to borrow money from a local Florida friend in order to get to the airport.

I sent an email to the Assistant General Manager. The Assistant General Manager called me back and blamed my bank for the mistake... my bank blamed the hotel. Imagine that...

As it turned out (how I expected it would) I finally received proof from the card that the errors were indeed the hotels fault. They requested the funds for the stay 3 separate times, causing my bank account peril. I realized again that the hotel lied to me.

Bottom line here is that no one at this hotel cares after you checkout. I didn't once seek anything in return for the error (other than someone to listen and help me). No one would. That is why I am writing this review. All these happy people who stayed here and wrote a nice review never had a billing error caused by the hotel staff. This hotel does not care about you after you checkout, at all, period. They knew they made a mistake and wouldn't admit it. Probably why I didn't receive a satisfaction survey from them like ALL guests are SUPPOSED to receive. Don't allow yourself to be fooled. I am sure by voicing my concern on this site, a generic happy response will be posted by the hotel..." Mark were sorry... we will take extra care of you next time you come back." NO! Not coming back. At all.

How about here's a refund for your stay and were sorry for the 2 weeks of financial hardship we put you through. Can't/don't expect any sympathy from this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Make sure the Oceanside rooms don't have construction going on outside the balcony like our room...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mark e
Resort073113, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with The Pompano Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. I apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay.

We are sorry that you did not experience the best our resort has to offer. Again, please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Polish first
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My Family and I had a wonderful time! My husband and I really enjoyed the spa and their service. There was an extremely nice and pretty girl at the front desk of the spa, we asked her a million questions and she was so eager to help with a natural smile. My son enjoyed the kids club, in fact he still talks about how he wants the game they played. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Very clean, nice and new. Great food, friendly staff...where could you go wrong? Only thing I disliked was the noise we experienced our 2nd night but the rest of our stay was pleasant! Will be back soon!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura S
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you're looking for a quieter option than Lauderdale this is a great choice - located just North of FLL right on the beach - a long beach that's great for walking. [By the way it's still close enough to Atlantic Blvd however if you do need something more lively at night].

Nice rooms and bathrooms and hotel in general was very up-to-date and clean.

The restaurant was a little pricey - so I usually ate at the Seaside Grill - (walk two buildings North of the Marriott).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe4stage
Resort073113, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with The Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa. We appreciate your wonderful comments and will share these comments with our hosts at the next host rally. We hope you choose to visit again when you are in the South Florida area.
Gaylord, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Started off with check-in, only one person working the front desk, kept putting US on hold to answer the phone (should have been the other way around), my husband is at a gold elite Marriott level, when asked about free wifi, the man checking us in said normally you have to pay but since he kept us waiting at check-in so long he gave me a card with the password. When I went to use the wifi, it never asked me for the password and word around the pool was that everyone was getting free wifi. Normally being at gold elite level you are upgraded at many levels, when my husband asked about the free breakfast at the concierge level, the lady replied that this was a "boutique" hotel and they don't have any such levels. Though as soon as we entered the restaurant that morning for breakfast, we were asked if we had any "vouchers", you would think gold elite level would qualify you for the breakfast vouchers. The service at the pool was nothing special. The chairs are equipped with red flags and we were told that you simply put them up and the wait staff would be there shortly. Us and many around us sat for at least 20 min. waiting to be waited on, with a number of servers walking by (orange colored shirts), it was quite amusing to think, "oh, here they come" and then they just walk on by. Eventually my husband went up and got our drinks. We found the service by the pool attendants (aqua shirts) outstanding, even though they were not allowed to serve food/drinks, they would still take your order or find someone for you. When Lance the pool attendant gave me our towels, his reply was "let me know if I can do anything else for you today", and he was there a number of times to make sure we were taken care of! No room service menu in the room, when calling the front desk, they said someone would deliver one , a half hour later I just went down and got it myself, eventually one was delivered 40 min. later. And finally, when checking out, we bought a "package" from Delta airlines, hotel and flight booked together, and paid to delta. Our bill under the door charged us over $1300 for the room, so we had to explain to the front desk at 5 AM before we caught our flight, that the bill was wrong, that we did not owe anything for the room. Overall, the rooms were very nice and clean, the valet attendants were very courteous, and the beach was not crowded. I might stay there again but I would not expect the "Marriott" high standard of service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunflower332014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with The Pompano Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. I apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced with your stay. We appreciate your feedback and your valuable time to share with us.
I am sorry that we can’t provide you with a choice of breakfast or points. Based on the large number of Elite members staying with us, we are listed as an exception hotel. It proves difficult to provide a positive member experience to our valuable guests. We also conduct reinforcement training for our hosts who provide the pool side service to ensure all our guests are receiving the valuable attention to provide a great pool side dining experience. I will also complete reinforcement training with our registration hosts to ensure all package rates are identified and accommodated appropriately. I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our pool host, Lance. Lance is one of our most outgoing hosts and really tried to promote a perfect experience at our pool area.
Everything we do is aimed to provide a wonderful resort experience for all our guests. We value your business and would like to have you stay with our hotel again in the future. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me at any time.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. We ate there several times and had good meals in the restaurant, at the bar, and with room service. The rooms were clean and up dated. We had a great view of the ocean at a reasonably priced room. The hotel workers were great as were the bar tenders. The beach is second only to South Miami Beach in terms of size and quality. There were multiple small restaurants in town that were very personable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 183RT
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with 2 other women for a girl's get-away. We had a nice room on the 8th floor facing the ocean. The room it-self was lovely. The hotel was clean in all areas. We had dinner at Seasons 52 and returned to have a nice quiet evening. We began to notice that every time the A/C unit turned on, it was very loud. We all tossed and turned until we agreed to turn the A/C off and open the slider to get fresh air. All we had to listen to then was the road traffic LOL! We did tell them at the front desk when they asked how our stay was. They were very sorry and compted us $100 on a $300 room. Then they asked us if we would like to have breakfast on them, which we did. This was all well and good, but they have a real issue with their A/C units. (we were told this was not the 1st complaint they have had).

Room Tip: Can't really say which rooms are better than another.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank finediner62
Resort073113, Front Office Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa for your girls getaway weekend. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your air conditioning unit during your stay. I will discuss your feedback with our Director of Engineering to ensure the issue has been resolved accordingly.

Our goal is to provide the best resort experience possible, and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback so we can continue to deliver an excellent resort experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Regards,
Lindsey Harari
washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel is a great place to get away from it all. Its so close to many restaurants, its right on the beach, rooms and beds are luxurious and the staff was outstanding. The only drawback is the $25 a day valet parking. The rooms are spacious and most have an ocean view with a little patio that has a small table and 2 chairs on it. Mini fridge, robes in the room, nice duvets on the bed, great lighting in the room and nice big bathroom with a great shower head! Nice amenities and spacious! Loved this hotel and plan on coming back! Hotel staff were all so friendly and greeted us warmly every time we went but he desk!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 36 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,308 reviews
Central Beach
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,956 reviews

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!