Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a very nice property, but with a few glitches in management. To be beachfront and then charge $30 to sit in a beach chair is crazy. What is the "resort fee" for? Got some stupid story from the chair salesperson. The pool area gets crowded and loud because it is way too expensive to sit on the beach in a chair with the Marriott logo. The waitstaff at the pool was very nice and friendly, but it took a long time to get someone to notice you. When sitting at a pool side table for lunch, it took 20 minutes to even get a drink. The spa was fantastic, great massage. Just get rid of the loud, crunchy snack in the "quiet room"!

Room Tip: All room have a water view, better view the closer to the beach end of either building
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chestersmom44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Polish first
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

This property just didn't do it for me on so many levels. I spend over 100 nights a year and am fairly exclusive with Marriott, so I have a very good understanding of the properties.

First the service and attention to detail is very poor. I knew we would be arriving at 3am so I called earlier in the day to let them know. I asked if any upgrades were available and the staff said no. When I arrived at the hotel my immediate impression is this is really not a resort, it feels like a Courtyard. The lobby and hallways are cold and sterile and the hotel has no feel of a resort.

When we got to the room it was one of THE worst rooms in the hotel. As a Platinum Premier they are supposed to put you in the best available room and somehow we were in the worst. It was on the lowest floor farthest from the ocean overlooking a parking lot. I called back immediately and asked if this was the best available room and was told no they had better. I then asked why they didn't put me there and the clerk said that is where the room supervisor put us. I was a bit peeved. They offered us the better room.

As the stay unfolded it was OK. The ocean side of the property was OK, the pool area attractive, and the beach nice.

If you are really just looking for the beach experience with little else then this place will work for you. If you are looking for a resort environment like most of Marriott's resorts this will disappoint.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank anthonyddolce
Resort073113, Assistant General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the Trip Advisor rating. I apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced with your room assignment. We appreciate your feedback and your valuable time to share with us.

I know the arrival sets the guest stay and we did not make this an exceptional experience. I am happy the host was able to reassign your room to a better view and meet your expectations. Everything we do is aimed to complete guest satisfaction and we strive to ensure each guest has a great experience.

We value your business and would like to have you stay with our hotel again in the future. Please reach out to me directly as I would like to handle your room assignment personally.

Chris Hunter
Assistant General Manager
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This property sits on the beach in Pompano Beach. Open for less than a year and it's a perfect location. Close to Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. 30 minutes from Fort Lauderdale airport. The hotel has outstanding rooms and suites, many of which are ocean front, and most if not all have a view of the ocean of some kind Two pools, outside pool bar with great food. The daily valet parking charge is far too high at 25.00 per day and there is no self parking. I would say this is the only negative. Small lobby, one restaurant, no gift shop, but again, a beautiful beach front resort. Rooms are beautifully decorated and all have a balcony.

Room Tip: Ocean front, of course, is always the best view. This hotel is right on the beach and steps from th...
1 Thank Andy2323
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

If you are going to Florida for a nice beach location, this is the place. Hotel is more like a boutique hotel which my wife and I really like. Not overpowering like the larger Marriott resorts. As most people have indicated, the neighborhood surrounding the hotel does not offer much but Pompano Park, which is a mile away, is nice and has a couple of restaurants where you can sit outside. Also there is a fabulous homemade ice cream store located there. Hotel is fine but since it is located on such a magnificent beach, we could not really be upset with any of its short comings. The staff was very friendly and the valet service was great but expensive. Only issue we had was house cleaning did not make up room on the last day but management responded correctly when we complained.

2 Thank Bob2085
Monroe, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great Place!!!! Clean and Quiet Hotel.Nice Beach area, Beautiful Porches view to the beach!
Beautiful hotel right on the beach! Balcony view of the palm trees and ocean. Very pleasant reception, Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoelMonroe2014
Boynton
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Where to begin? This place could be a great hotel. It appears to be staffed with either incompetent people or they are simply not trained properly for hospitality positions. I really felt like I wanted to find another hotel after one day; however, it was spring break so I was trapped there. More often than not the hotel staff was nasty or argumentative. They appeared to have the attitude that they were doing us a favor throughout my stay. By the time I was ready to checkout, I actually knew it wouldn't matter if I gave feedback to the front desk. I was sure somehow they would give me a nasty look and pretty much say oh well, don't let the door hit you when you leave.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank sherrymc1234
Resort073113, Assistant General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and providing us this feedback. We take our service very seriously and work relentlessly to ensure each guest has a positive experience. I invite you to reach out to me directly so I may regain your confidence in Marriott and our beautiful resort.

Chris Hunter
Assistant General Manager
Chris.hunter@marriott.com
Rochester New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Apparently the GM of the resort is too busy to return a phone call made to him!
My wife and I stayed at the resort for 15 days in March 2014. This has giving us a good idea of how the staff, food etc is at this resort. We were pleased with all aspects of the resort although they still have some wrinkles to iron out. Let me acknowledge some of the staff that I can remember: Luz (housekeeping) cleaned our room the best during our stay, Jordan (pool staff) was a pleasure to talked to and way beyond his 22 yrs in maturity also quick to bring water to us everyday, and last but not least Sara Lee (front desk) what a sweet, professional young lady! Sara Lee was so nice to talk to and always professional but also has a friendly/funny side as well. Over all we were very happy with our stay. Valet, front desk, waiter/waitresses, pool attendants, bar staff, housekeeping all deserve a BRAVO!
As other posters have written the resort is located in a quiet section of beach so if you want relaxation and a beautiful beach this is it. If you want more hustle and bustle head to Ft Lauderdale. We will hopefully be returning in November 2014.
FYI: We stayed in one of the Presidential Suites in the South tower.

1 Thank JimmyJ62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor ...
#15 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#10 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort La...
#29 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!